IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning All, May your weekend be full of relaxation & premium goodness.

Just wanted to throw this out there, and I am not trying to be “negative” in any way, just opening a conversation. But is there anyone else out there who isn’t falling over themselves about Dune???

I’ve watched the trailer many times now in a bid to “get with it” but all I’m seeing is Star Wars with a Twilight “I want to slap your moody face” style cast, which in all honesty doesn’t inspire me.

This seems to have Really got the MP community going. Clearlyimage.png.1019441940d9b3fe5ea09db971881e60.png I haven’t seen it so I am trying not to pass judgement and stay open minded, and believe me I WILL watch it, mainly to satisfy my curiosity over all the fuss this is getting. But I can’t be the only one who isn’t immediately bowled over and salivating can I? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I get it, we all have our likes & dislikes. Not everyone likes Marvel. Not everyone likes DC. Not everyone likes Bond etc etc. But I have to acknowledge that Dune seems to be attracting love from all angles. 

I dunno. Maybe I’m broken inside. 😂

Have a great day all. ❤️

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

That is so weird. It was exactly that but I’m pretty sure I have never been in there before to switch it off? 🤷🏼‍♂️ Oh well, fixed now and yes, very nice @waxenol 👍🏼

Maybe it was your alter ego, Fullslip-Man. He's been known to do some weird stuff on occasion.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Just wanted to throw this out there, and I am not trying to be “negative” in any way, just opening a conversation. But is there anyone else out there who isn’t falling over themselves about Dune???

I’ve watched the trailer many times now in a bid to “get with it” but all I’m seeing is Star Wars with a Twilight “I want to slap your moody face” style cast, which in all honesty doesn’t inspire me.

This seems to have Really got the MP community going. Clearly I haven’t seen it so I am trying not to pass judgement and stay open minded, and believe me I WILL watch it, mainly to satisfy my curiosity over all the fuss this is getting. But I can’t be the only one who isn’t immediately bowled over and salivating can I? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I get it, we all have our likes & dislikes. Not everyone likes Marvel. Not everyone likes DC. Not everyone likes Bond etc etc. But I have to acknowledge that Dune seems to be attracting love from all angles. 

Have a great day all. ❤️

I started watching it i think i watched about an hour of it then turned it off I just couldn’t get into in all honesty maybe it was one of those days for me. I will give it another go eventually but dunno when.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

This seems to have Really got the MP community going. Clearly I haven’t seen it so I am trying not to pass judgement and stay open minded, and believe me I WILL watch it, mainly to satisfy my curiosity over all the fuss this is getting. But I can’t be the only one who isn’t immediately bowled over and salivating can I? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Have a great day all. ❤️

I haven't seen it either and only saw the trailer once. Really wanted to see it on the big screen with my wife but couldn't find the time.

I plan on watching it this week and expect to like it considerably more than the original (the less said about Lynch's colossal mess, the better).

I did consider signing up for a FS as I really like that steelbook, but eventually common sense prevailed.

As a matter of principle, I never blind buy Premiums or limited editions of movies I've never seen, unless I'm 99% sure I will love the movie and if that doesn't turn out to be the case, I later sell it which I always find a hassle.

If Dune turns out to be an unforgettable experience and a must-own movie for me, then I can live with shelling out a little more than retail price. 

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Have a great day all. ❤️

I was already a massive fan of DV, I hadn't seen the original Dune before going in to see this one. Personally I loved it, yes its a slow burn but then I think that's Denis's style, also its only 1/3rd of a planned trilogy so it's a case of an introduction to the world, and it's setup. The cinematography and score is belting. It left me really wanting more and enjoying what I'd just seen. But I agree it won't be for everybody. I do hope when you get around to it you do enjoy it. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

I haven't seen it either and only saw the trailer once. Really wanted to see it on the big screen with my wife but couldn't find the time.

I plan on watching it this week and expect to like it considerably more than the original (the less said about Lynch's colossal mess, the better).

I did consider signing up for a FS as I really like that steelbook, but eventually common sense prevailed.

As a matter of principle, I never blind buy Premiums or limited editions of movies I've never seen, unless I'm 99% sure I will love the movie and if that doesn't turn out to be the case, I later sell it which I always find a hassle.

If Dune turns out to be an unforgettable experience and a must-own movie for me, then I can live with shelling out a little more than retail price. 

You speak of common sense in the house of Psychos!? 

Confused What You Say GIF by Almost Christmas Movie

Isn’t that like one of the seven deadly psycho sins? I don’t have the book with me, but I’m sure in The Book of Media Collecting chapter 10 page 232 it reads something like “thou shalt not us my brain when making purchasing decisions regarding premiums”. But you know what, you outrank me so I’m going to 

giphy-downsized.gif

• Haha 7

29 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

OMG, as usual exactly the same here Eli! That steelbook is sweet and I’ve been toying with the idea of signing up for the FS, but after watching trailers again I decided to save my pennies… for now at least 😁

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

I was already a massive fan of DV, I hadn't seen the original Dune before going in to see this one. Personally I loved it, yes its a slow burn but then I think that's Denis's style, also its only 1/3rd of a planned trilogy so it's a case of an introduction to the world, and it's setup. The cinematography and score is belting. It left me really wanting more and enjoying what I'd just seen. But I agree it won't be for everybody. I do hope when you get around to it you do enjoy it. 

I consider your tastes pretty decent mate, so I hope I do enjoy it as much as you. It probably goes without saying but the main part that peaks my interest is the massive monster. I’m always up for massive monsters! 😁👍🏼

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Isn’t that like one of the seven deadly psycho sins? I don’t have the book with me, but I’m sure in The Book of Media Collecting chapter 10 page 232 it reads something like “thou shalt not us my brain when making purchasing decisions regarding premiums”. But you know what, you outrank me so I’m going to 

giphy-downsized.gif

Best ask @Trianna as she seems to be the latest incumbent to finally succumb in letting go of her willpower. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

😂

• Haha 7

44 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

I consider your tastes pretty decent mate, so I hope I do enjoy it as much as you. It probably goes without saying but the main part that peaks my interest is the massive monster. I’m always up for massive monsters! 😁👍🏼

I do have great taste, that's undeniable. 

On to another subject. Football. Hopefully my team has turned the corner, yeah we've only won our last 2 but I can't remember the last time that was. Hard game tomorrow Gerrard has got Villa playing decent but I hope we can get out of the 💩

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

giphy-downsized.gif

Believe me, I know one or two people here (*cough* squirrel *cough*) who could use some of that common sense and dare I say, even secretly wish they had it… but we all know they’re as hopeless as an English penalty taker 😅

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Believe me, I know one or two people here (*cough* squirrel *cough*) who could use some of that common sense and dare I say, even secretly wish they had it… but we all know they’re as hopeless as an English penalty taker 😅

How dare you insult the elder statesman of the English room 🤣🤣 

I'm ready to defend my fellow uk grandad 

Baguette-Me-Nots-Yellowtrace.jpg

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

I do have great taste, that's undeniable. 

On to another subject. Football. Hopefully my team has turned the corner, yeah we've only won our last 2 but I can't remember the last time that was. Hard game tomorrow Gerrard has got Villa playing decent but I hope we can get out of the 💩

Yeah mate, I think you’ve turned the corner now. I’m not really sure how the hell my boys have only managed 1 point against you in two games… *mutters “Stupid injuries”…. but that’s by the by 😂👍🏼

When playing Villa right now, you simply need the Barcelona approach… outscore them! Really impressed with Gerrard’s start with them, but it’s not beyond the Toon Army. Hopefully we can do you a favour today against the Toffees, but with Lampard at the helm against Leeds, it’s got Thorn in the side written all over it. Can’t tell you what I’d give to play a game with an actual CF up front. Just 6 games out of 21 for Bamford!!! 🙃

Can’t see Norwich getting anything today. Watford on the other hand could get 3 points if Dennis kicks into gear. Score more than 1 past Brighton and it’s a Win. 

11 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Yeah mate, I think you’ve turned the corner now. I’m not really sure how the hell my boys have only managed 1 point against you in two games… *mutters “Stupid injuries”…. but that’s by the by 😂👍🏼

When playing Villa right now, you simply need the Barcelona approach… outscore them! Really impressed with Gerrard’s start with them, but it’s not beyond the Toon Army. Hopefully we can do you a favour today against the Toffees, but with Lampard at the helm against Leeds, it’s got Thorn in the side written all over it. Can’t tell you what I’d give to play a game with an actual CF up front. Just 6 games out of 21 for Bamford!!! 🙃

Can’t see Norwich getting anything today. Watford on the other hand could get 3 points if Dennis kicks into gear. Score more than 1 past Brighton and it’s a Win. 

Yeah yous have had absolutely no luck with injuries. That game against Villa what an advert for the prem that was. I think we will have a go against them at the moment and hopefully Saint max can have another good game. He can be frustrating but he gets my fat arse off the sofa when I'm watching us. If Everton play like they did against us yous have a good chance mate.. hopefully results go our way this weekend. 

• Thanks 1