IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear @LeGonze

There is a new urgent rule in MP, and from today the new moderators have to invite the usual members to a delicious barbecue of those that you show in your photos.

Hungry-Hungry-Hippo.gif?fit=322,240&ssl=

Whenever you want you can organize the GB, we'll sign up quickly.

:D

PD: ¡Congratulations! Good luck!!! And may the force be with you! Someday you'll need it, and a lot of patience too. ;) 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Just now, Casiusco said:

Dear @LeGonze

There is a new urgent rule in MP, and from today the new moderators have to invite the usual members to a delicious barbecue of those that you show in your photos.

PD: ¡Congratulations! Good luck!!! And may the force be with you! Someday you'll need it, and a lot of patience too. ;) 

'Tis indeed a proud moment for the SPANISH ROOM.

giphy.gif

• Haha 6

Hey, @Fortis93, I've already figured out where our coincidences come from, what we have in common.

A few days ago I saw published that there is a theory according to which Australia and New Zealand were discovered by Galician sailors two centuries before their official discovery.

Galicia -where I live- is a region in the northwest of Spain, with its own culture and its own language, and a long seafaring tradition around the world.  Why this seafaring tradition? In ancient times it was believed that here was the end of the world, and our coast was called by the romans "Finis terrae" (The end of the earth), and this side of the coast its still called "Finisterre" today. The best place then to start to explore.

It's a coast with a lot of history. In fact, when Christopher Columbus returned to Europe to communicate the discovery of America, the first place he reached was here; where before some roman VIPs went on vacation for the privilege of resting at the end of the world, where Captain Nemo found the treasure with which he financed his submarine and his adventures in the original Julius Verne's novel, where some German army officials came on vacation remembering what the Romans had done, and where even the "Das boot" film submarine stopped to rest and refuel ... just like Nemo.

And now someone thinks have found evidence that we discovered Australia and New Zealand, and started to live and doing things there, two hundred years before the official expeditions arrived. One of the supposed evidence provided is the similarity in typical Galician constructions along centuries as what you cand find in that part of the world, so far away:

Galicia (Spain):

sizZPF9ZShtCcxWJukEZQH4CGlXHltHHHyc1sczi

waQKCOLQi1Js54QN5_7f-uCRF32-CzgFvMig57Ol

At the farthest point on the planet:

EswDLK-XMAQLLJt?format=jpg&name=medium

EswDMVhXMAAARTd?format=jpg&name=900x900

EswDMB4WMAk_Oa7?format=jpg&name=medium

What is the probability that there are constructions with so many points in common, ... so far away ... in the same period of history.... and that they are not related?

Are we family? Do we descend from some common root?

And the two most disturbing doubts:

1) If we walk back in time, would we both have the same construction in the garden? Would we end up living in the same town?

2) Should I call Margot Robbie "cousin"? I hope not.

• Haha 6

45 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

1) If we walk back in time, would we both have the same construction in the garden? Would we end up living in the same town?

This would certainly explain a lot.

I was hesitant to answer your questions immediately as I preferred to let these musings marinate in my subconscious, but I think I've arrived at what are hopefully some satisfactory answers. 

1) Yes, both gardens will be identical; long, rolling stretches of green punctuated by a rather odd rectangular object in the centre that seems almost too perfect for this world.

GrouchyAnnualAldabratortoise-size_restri

It would end up taking us from the Dark Ages to the next stage of evolution: here, MP.

2) No, of course not.

You're instead part of a long line of Hemsworths who have gone on to define the Australian and Nordic cultures as we know them.

@Trianna once asked me if Chris Hemsworth would be waiting for her. 

I'm afraid I was the wrong person to answer this question.

You need to provide that closure, my friend.

Harness power from the Gods and channel thunder from the heavens if you must, just know it is imperative you solve this dilemma in order for @Trianna to move on and find that prince charming; whether he resides in the FRENCH ROOM or the GERMAN ROOM, I'm sure he's out there somewhere.

Or maybe, just maybe, she doesn't need a prince charming. She is the Ocean Queen after all.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Haha 5

🥤Top of the morning to ya, snow ❄️ on the ground, partly sunny 🌤  here.... good day there ... Veum here❣️ 🤠 😇 😷 😊

today everyone GIF

Groundhog Day here in the 🇺🇸 

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Groundhog Day

Groundhog Day falls on February 2 in the United States, coinciding with Candlemas. It is a part of popular culture among many Americans and it centers on the idea of the groundhog coming out of its home to “predict” the weather.

Bill Murray Movie GIF by Hollywood Suite

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

THIN Tuesday

Hide contents

0sdrm8q.jpg

YucsSN2.jpg

Dmt8Txj.jpg

yBEkpZI.jpg

nCKT8Jr.jpg

9OsPl4R.jpg

NEhttkx.jpg

cPdmUpj.jpg

ra8hISE.jpg

mwfBErK.jpg

STsShjX.jpg

aXhaYs4.jpg

FWJV0KK.jpg

Wso4eDQ.jpg

SdeCEZe.jpg

mgkw7Qm.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! I hope you all are doing good today! Here’s to us experiencing a Tuesday that’s even better than our Monday!

giphy.gif

Ohhh @Hollywood E Rock this has taken it out of me for nearly the last time my friend 😆 

jean yves drool GIF by Charlie Mars heart attack mood GIF

4 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Hey, @Fortis93, I've already figured out where our coincidences come from, what we have in common.

A few days ago I saw published that there is a theory according to which Australia and New Zealand were discovered by Galician sailors two centuries before their official discovery.

Galicia -where I live- is a region in the northwest of Spain, with its own culture and its own language, and a long seafaring tradition around the world.  Why this seafaring tradition? In ancient times it was believed that here was the end of the world, and our coast was called by the romans "Finis terrae" (The end of the earth), and this side of the coast its still called "Finisterre" today. The best place then to start to explore.

It's a coast with a lot of history. In fact, when Christopher Columbus returned to Europe to communicate the discovery of America, the first place he reached was here; where before some roman VIPs went on vacation for the privilege of resting at the end of the world, where Captain Nemo found the treasure with which he financed his submarine and his adventures in the original Julius Verne's novel, where some German army officials came on vacation remembering what the Romans had done, and where even the "Das boot" film submarine stopped to rest and refuel ... just like Nemo.

And now someone thinks have found evidence that we discovered Australia and New Zealand, and started to live and doing things there, two hundred years before the official expeditions arrived. One of the supposed evidence provided is the similarity in typical Galician constructions along centuries as what you cand find in that part of the world, so far away:

Galicia (Spain):

sizZPF9ZShtCcxWJukEZQH4CGlXHltHHHyc1sczi

waQKCOLQi1Js54QN5_7f-uCRF32-CzgFvMig57Ol

At the farthest point on the planet:

EswDLK-XMAQLLJt?format=jpg&name=medium

EswDMVhXMAAARTd?format=jpg&name=900x900

EswDMB4WMAk_Oa7?format=jpg&name=medium

What is the probability that there are constructions with so many points in common, ... so far away ... in the same period of history.... and that they are not related?

200.gif

3 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

This would certainly explain a lot.

I was hesitant to answer your questions immediately as I preferred to let these musings marinate in my subconscious, but I think I've arrived at what are hopefully some satisfactory answers. 

1) Yes, both gardens will be identical; long, rolling stretches of green punctuated by a rather odd rectangular object in the centre that seems almost too perfect for this world.

GrouchyAnnualAldabratortoise-size_restri

It would end up taking us from the Dark Ages to the next stage of evolution: here, MP.

2) No, of course not.

You're instead part of a long line of Hemsworths who have gone on to define the Australian and Nordic cultures as we know them.

@Trianna once asked me if Chris Hemsworth would be waiting for her. 

I'm afraid I was the wrong person to answer this question.

You need to provide that closure, my friend.

Harness power from the Gods and channel thunder from the heavens if you must, just know it is imperative you solve this dilemma in order for @Trianna to move on and find that prince charming; whether he resides in the FRENCH ROOM or the GERMAN ROOM, I'm sure he's out there somewhere.

Or maybe, just maybe, she doesn't need a prince charming. She is the Ocean Queen after all.

90S Lol GIF planet of the apes GIF 

charlton heston laughing GIF

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Grendel said:

My heartfelt   gratz! to ALL the folk recently promoted!  🤩

- @R1s1ngs0n

- @deckard99

- @LeGonze

- @cypheria078

-and whomever I'm forgetting... 👍

Very well deserved folks!  🥳

Thank you Sensei!! You’re awesome!! 😃😃😉😉

6 hours ago, Benoit46 said:

Pop Tv Wow GIF by Schitt's Creek

@Hollywood E Rock

The Office Thank You GIF

And @LeGonze

Congratulations Congrats GIF

happy for you congratulations GIF

Thanks Brother!! Sooo Happy right now!! 😃😃

6 hours ago, Trianna said:

Congrats @LeGonze!

Season 6 Champagne GIF by Ex On The Beach

Have fun moderating in moderation and use your power for good. Not like some other fellas...

tenor.gif

Hey Sis!! Thanks!! And yeap... I dontyknow that power yet but I’ll be cautious when I meet it!!... 😅😅🤣

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Dear @LeGonze

Muchas gracias Hermano!! Claro que sí!! Todos invitados!! Everyone’s invited!! 😅😅

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Me too, what 🎥 movies are you going to watch today my friend @SilentasKnight hmm 🧐

50CFA558-EEE0-4282-BBDA-E0C781E17C79.thumb.jpeg.64ff9f3fd9d42cf7dcb638210023bbf5.jpeg

Well last night I watched Wandavision with my wife. The first 4 episodes anyway. After she went to bed I started watching Cool Hand Luke. My Dad always busts my balls because I have never seen it. It's been on my shelf for 5 years or so. I decided to pop it in. Made it about 45 minutes and started getting tired. So hopefully I can finish that today and get through another movie too. We shall she. I am almost done my coffee and the driveway will need shoveling soon. We shall see how that goes. 

@Fortis93 Have you ever shoveled snow before? 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2