IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

Disney Spain has never published 4k editions.  I always had the feeling that they were doing some kind of experiment. What's the point of not distributing the latest 4K editions of "Star Wars" and "Avengers" here?  It seems a good business with a big number of fans...

But they did, while spending a lot of money on Disney + advertising.  

The worst thing about streaming platforms for us, as lovers of the physical format, is not that people like streaming, because we all use it, but it represent an opportunity to make intermediaries disappear.  And the objective is not that you can see everything for $ 7, but that when all this change ends, you only have the option of paying $ 30 for a title, as well as now some digital downloads are worth more since their edition in physical format.  

The business is to charge the same as a few years ago, but without having to distribute it.

And this for collectors is going to be a problem. But also an opportunity: new labels will emerge to distribute those titles and editions.  

I'm not afraid for blockbusters, I'm afraid for all the other titles. And above all, for the freedom to see what you want when you want.

At least I don't want what I know/see -and don't know/see- depend only on a programmer locked up in some building in Burbank.  

What has happened in Spain suffering this policy since first moment?  Fans continually complaining without Disney caring.  They fill social networks with messages, and they don't even respond to them. And a few of pirate companies have appeared distributing bootlegs or unlicensed editions.

And that's not good, they don't have good quality, so we all lose. 

I hope someone see the possibility of this 4K editions business. And I hope Disney let other companies to distribute it. 

The opposite would be a tragedy, being the owners of a good part of the popular audiovisual heritage of the last hundred years.

• Like 5

@Casiusco I couldn't agree more, mate.

It's just a shame really. I would love to see and gladly shell out money for titles like The French Connection I & II, True Lies, The Abyss, Aliens, the Die Hard sequels, Speed, etc. on 4K and in some really nice premium edition set.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

Hide contents

Anyone remember these beer ads from back in the 80's?

Remember seeing these in the adverts inbetween Raiders of the lost ark when I was a kid....

Or am I just showing my age here??

@Basil @Scary Hair, @Pbsw23 , @ukade2327, @blu.steel33 bit of back up guys??? 

Hope you dont find these too stereotypical @Fortis93, things were a bit less pc back then 😉😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, RileyLad said:

Remember seeing these in the adverts inbetween Raiders of the lost ark when I was a kid....

Hope you dont find these too stereotypical @Fortis93, things were a bit less pc back then 😉😂

XXXX was a bloody good lager mate 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

Remember them well ... and I’ve certainly sunk enough over the years ... don’t see it much these days....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I can't help but feel that a lot of these Australian commercials and tourist adverts that were made in the 80s both painted and cemented an image of us to the world that we've never quite been able to shake off since. 😄

Neighbours and home and away were to blame too  🤣😂

Both those tv shows were huge over here in the UK in the mid to late 80's

Edited by RileyLad
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

Mate, I remember the 1st one, or rather I have seen it before somewhere, but Ive never seen the 2nd one before.

I do remember my Dad telling me that it had XXXX on the can, because they couldn’t legally spell out Cr@p 🤣🤣🤣 My apologies @Fortis93 but my father has Never been a lager man 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

You guys remember ‘The Flying Doctors’? My Mum loved that show. 

man that’s going back a bit....

I never watched it but I do remember of it....

think my mum loved it too - as rude as that sounds 😂🤣😂

here you go @Pbsw23.... this ones for you buddy...

Here’s another absolute banger she loved...🙌

man, 80’s intros were awesome...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1