IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

Afternoon all. Just on my lunch break so tryign to catch up with you all ;)

@Basil Pleased to hear you're loving your mats... hopefully not as much as you are enjoying Kit! Hahahaha. 

@Robertm89 I really enjoyed The Good Guys, but can't really justify this one. Scared myself this week by totting up what I have pending already..... and I only do single editions so I dread to think what you guys are racking up 🤣 Plus I have a Pop! addiction that is eating itnot he wallet. Think I need to curb this also (Stupid collectible exclusives) 🙄

I also agree with you about Blufans. Thier WEA's are 😍 (Though Manta's DP2 is Wayyyy better than BF) but some of thier slips etc. really aren't up to par with others (Nova, WeET) IMO.

@Veum I am in for Akira, and I have to admit this is a blind buy for me! This has been on my want to watch list for YEARS. Figure I may as well do it properly and "Psycho Style" 😁

@extantsrevenge As our resident Manga expert, what else would you advise to look for? I found myself watching Voltron on Netflix recently, but I am guessing this is a poor watered down kids version of what else is out there??

@Scary Hair Eh up Lass, sorry t'ear bout job 😂 I am sure there are hundred of potential employers that need a Scary Hair in thier ranks. ;)

@DodgyDave Alright fella? Did you open those FA boxes in the end? 😁 Also, do you know if we should expect Blufans DP2 in August still, and Antman & the Wasp and Solo to follow after (at some point)?

Cheers all! 🍻

• Like 1

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

@Robertm89 I really enjoyed The Good Guys, but can't really justify this one. Scared myself this week by totting up what I have pending already..... and I only do single editions so I dread to think what you guys are racking up 🤣 Plus I have a Pop! addiction that is eating itnot he wallet. Think I need to curb this also (Stupid collectible exclusives) 🙄

I also agree with you about Blufans. Thier WEA's are 😍 (Though Manta's DP2 is Wayyyy better than BF) but some of thier slips etc. really aren't up to par with others (Nova, WeET) IMO.

@Pbsw23 I Still didn't get around to seeing it but I'm gonna pass myself too. My pending ones add up too and I've just seen a GB for gangs of new york from nova today so I didn't even get to end of month before committing again, because that's a big fat yes from me 🤣. Totally agree with your comments there mate. Blufans just have that marvel factor.

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Looking good @Robertm89 👍, I guess I will end up buy this sometime 😁

tenor.gif

35 degrees in the shade already 😪

@Pbsw23 I have not seen the Voltron Netflix series, but I guess it is made more for the western marked. Anyway my first recommendation to anyone new to Anime is the Ghibli Movies, they are awesome 😍. As for anime series you can find something good to every genre that you can think of, there is so much out there 😂. I have a hard time to watch everything I want to see. But as with most stuff, there is also a lot of bad and medicore anime. From the new stuff I don't end up watching that many series from start to finish.

My favorite Series is Legend of the Galactic Heroes, absolute Masterpiece. When it comes to Sci-Fi I'm also a huge Gundam and Macross (Robotech) fan. One of the all time classics, that everyone should watch is Neon Genesis Evangelion, sadly the series is currently not available because of some legal issues. They did make some new movies as well, which are also good.

Also Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex are a good way to start. A recent series that is very good and has lots of followers is Attack on Titan. I could go on and on but it really depends on what genre you prefer and would like to check out.

If you're interested please vist our Anime section here, I'm sure other members also have some stuff to recommend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

@Pbsw23 I have not seen the Voltron Netflix series, but I guess it is made more for the western marked. Anyway my first recommendation to anyone new to Anime is the Ghibli Movies, they are awesome 😍. As for anime series you can find something good to every genre that you can think of, there is so much out there 😂. I have a hard time to watch everything I want to see. But as with most stuff, there is also a lot of bad and medicore anime. From the new stuff I don't end up watching that many series from start to finish.

My favorite Series is Legend of the Galactic Heroes, absolute Masterpiece. When it comes to Sci-Fi I'm also a huge Gundam and Macross (Robotech) fan. One of the all time classics, that everyone should watch is Neon Genesis Evangelion, sadly the series is currently not available because of some legal issues. They did make some new movies as well, which are also good.

Also Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex are a good way to start. A recent series that is very good and has lots of followers is Attack on Titan. I could go on and on but it really depends on what genre you prefer and would like to check out.

If you're interested please vist our Anime section here, I'm sure other members also have some stuff to recommend.

Wow, Awesome! Thanks mate, I will def look some of these up. 

I have to admit that I gave Movie aductation of Ghost in the Shell a Wiiiiiiiiiiiiide birth after discovering that Lucy really wasn't for me. But now you mention it, I should proabably give the Anime version a look. Gundam is also another one like Akira that I has long been on my list to try, so will get on that one right away 😊

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Pbsw23 said:

@DodgyDave Alright fella? Did you open those FA boxes in the end? 😁 Also, do you know if we should expect Blufans DP2 in August still, and Antman & the Wasp and Solo to follow after (at some point)?

Cheers all! 🍻

Yes Paul, I opened the one Thor Hardbox. Just got to find a FA GotG2  Hardbox now. (got the 2 single editions).

With the other Marvel that FA have recently announced, I find I'm looking again at Hardboxes. I had stopped ordering them to a certain extent.

With regard to the Blufans, I have no confirmed info about them. I prefer to wait until I actually hear something from "the horses mouth", rather than comment on Social Media rumours. 

As we found with Venom, SM gossip said that there will be single editions for sale. Turns out it was like I had been warned, only the DL was available for single sale. Caused bloody havoc !

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Robertm89 said:

Yeah it is nice.... 35 degrees 😮 I did hear that way was gonna get some real hot weather was on news last night. Hot weather warning. The UK is cool today. So we not getting it yet. 

supposed to be 31c down south thurs and 33c in london according to weather last night

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

You order that on there site to be sent to you ?? I know best buy don't ship over here but I take it target do?? 

Feel ya pain with invoices.lol 

Ordered BH rap and a star is born meself 

I order Target digibooks on here mate. But I think I’m going to stop due to the price... Captain Marvel was pretty eye watering for what it is, and that’s just 1st invoice! Will likely cost me £55 for a flipping digibook in the end. 🙈

Im in for 2 more which of course I will honour, but then I’m done with them after that I think. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

I order Target digibooks on here mate. But I think I’m going to stop due to the price... Captain Marvel was pretty eye watering for what it is, and that’s just 1st invoice! Will likely cost me £55 for a flipping digibook in the end. 🙈

Im in for 2 more which of course I will honour, but then I’m done with them after that I think. 

Yeah that's a bit pricey but then again... Once in hand you'll he happy with it. I ordered that so called premium box thing zavvi had on of captain marvel.

Be interested to see how that turns out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robertm89 said:

Yeah that's a bit pricey but then again... Once in hand you'll he happy with it. I ordered that so called premium box thing zavvi had on of captain marvel.

Be interested to see how that turns out.

Oh did you?! I forgot about those. Will be interesting to see what people make of those. I passed purely because I’m sick of Zavvi spanking me with Marvel 😂 I cant start collecting yet another line of Zavvi Marvels. Already dreading the Imminent Thor & Avengers 4K releases.... must be strong.... 😂

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Oh did you?! I forgot about those. Will be interesting to see what people make of those. I passed purely because I’m sick of Zavvi spanking me with Marvel 😂 I cant start collecting yet another line of Zavvi Marvels. Already dreading the Imminent Thor & Avengers 4K releases.... must be strong.... 😂

Yeah they've done one for captain marvel and endgame but if they go back and start over I'm not getting them all there about £70 if I remember correctly lol. 

I hope there nice though. Something a bit different. Just worry about it getting to you perfect from zavvi. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

I used to to get a digibook from Target in the earlier days when a Steelbook wasn’t always available for a film I wanted a copy of.

Mostly picked them up off eBay and they weren’t too pricey back then. Unfortunately over the years I have had to have a clear out to free up space or get money in for group buy commitments. The best I ever did was sell my Target The Dark Knight rises Lenticular digibook for £89 to a guy in Italy!

A9900421-AB88-470D-BF26-8423CC73386C.jpeg.973e1997c4cfc89c8a43665de1db88a9.jpeg

So you never know @Pbsw23 sometimes a digibook can be a good choice to go for, especially with something as collectible as Marvel 👍

241E6F39-1D7B-4E8A-83CB-24E888790F77.jpeg

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Robertm89 said:

We always miss most of it in sunny Newcastle.... 

Not only bad weather but a football City and that's a really sore subject at the moment 😢😢

lived in newcastle for 5 years as a kid moved there for my dads job, always remember going over tyne bridge looking down passing the tank factory down by river.

and shopping was always done at huge saver center but was only a kid.

but christmas's always best with few feet of snow and sledge time.

god showing my age now that was 1980's some when

shame about raffer think they will reget it in the end

basil :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Basil said:

lived in newcastle for 5 years as a kid moved there for my dads job, always remember going over tyne bridge looking down passing the tank factory down by river.

and shopping was always done at huge saver center but was only a kid.

but christmas's always best with few feet of snow and sledge time.

god showing my age now that was 1980's some when

shame about raffer think they will reget it in the end

Yeah @Basil nice city, proud to be a Geordie. 

Yeah we all new it was coming but still don't make it better like. Fans really took to him and Everyone is fearing the worst now, but for the owner aslong as he continues to make money he don't care about us faithful fans 🙄☹️

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Right then.... Target Captain Marvel, Blufans Venom & FA Bohemian has just emptied my pockets.... They say things come in threes... please let pay day get here before the next wave of invoices! 🤞🏼😂

count yourself lucky im down to my last £111 in my bank thank god pay day tommorrow might have something to do with a £2500 cc bill £1878 for this month rest carrys over.

but £1450 of that was a five year warranty i was not counting on getting, but dont fancy a £6000 bill should i need a new engine later. Now crosses fingers it doesn't happen anti jinx 🤞

but swap bills if you fancy it, i ask the wife to swap bills after she moans about hers she then realises, hers are not that bad after all when she sees mine.

but unfouranately its all necessary bills most of it.

so count yourself lucky.

now i just got to save and not spend anything i dont need for a while now 🤒

hopefully be straight by xmas

51 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

Yeah @Basil nice city, proud to be a Geordie. 

Yeah we all new it was coming but still don't make it better like. Fans really took to him and Everyone is fearing the worst now, but for the owner aslong as he continues to make money he don't care about us faithful fans 🙄☹️

Im Leeds Mate, so believe me when I say I feel your pain towards bad ownership. Much like Leeds, I find it staggering that a club like Newcastle hasn’t been bought out by some filthy rich tycoon.

We finally seem to be on the right path, but for how long. If we get off to a bad start then the whole house could collapse once Bielsa walks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Im Leeds Mate, so believe me when I say I feel your pain towards bad ownership. Much like Leeds, I find it staggering that a club like Newcastle hasn’t been bought out by some filthy rich tycoon.

We finally seem to be on the right path, but for how long. If we get off to a bad start then the whole house could collapse once Bielsa walks.

Yeah mate Leeds owner has real trigger fingers for managers when it's not going his way. Bielsa is a good manager. Spygate last year was funny. Least he had the nads to just admit it and say yes it was my idea. We do it all the time 🤣 I was really surprised yous didn't come up. Looked shoe in most of the year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Robertm89 said:

Yeah mate Leeds owner has real trigger fingers for managers when it's not going his way. Bielsa is a good manager. Spygate last year was funny. Least he had the nads to just admit it and say yes it was my idea. We do it all the time 🤣 I was really surprised yous didn't come up. Looked shoe in most of the year. 

Yeah he just endeared himself further when he took all blame (& Paid the FA fine handed to Leeds out of his own pocket).

Mate, I could go on & on about reasons why we didn’t make it, but the main two were injuries & Sky “we do what we want” Sports. But hey, it’s done & we go again. We will be back, just wish we had parachute payments to even the playing field a little. Clarke is on his way for £10mil, but I think we will only loan (with a view to perm) this season to build on what we have, and balance the books.... 🤞🏼

fook me had a really sh1t day, they decided to turn on all the new air con in our old unit next door with the offices, problem is all the secondary (outside units) they decided to mount inside our workshop 3 off them as the site we are on won't allow them to hang on the outside wall.

I then watched the temp go from 25c up to 31c in about 1hr been like it since 12pm

we had all the roller doors open all day and the fire exit.

fooking office staff none of them give a fook as long as there at a nice 18C  and us in the workshop can cook had my own fan under desk which i bought going all day.

spoke to md explaining issues asking if he could get a fan put in thru the roof to suck the heat directly out side from the 3units.

he then asked where i was getting my info from about temp.

i then had to point at 2 thermometers i had on my bench said he couldn't believe it was THAT hot(cheeky git) and then said I'll think about the roof fan extraction and ill let you know.

wow do me a favour i think thats code for no we can spend £10000 doing up the office but you can fook yourself.

love him try brazing units all day in that heat espically as its his office staff causing the issue!

another office site there shutting down all move in monday great only another 8 cars to add where there are only 4 spaces as well.

good job i start earlier than them.

Thankgod tommorrow is friday :D

hows everone elses day been? better than mine?

Edited by Basil
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2