IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

10 hours ago, Robertm89 said:

My question for today is... what is everyone's thoughts on the DC extended universe???

Think this topic will differ in opinion though 🧐😉

Well, 1st off I am clearly firmly in the team Marvel camp, and I don’t think ANY franchise will ever come close to replicating what the MCU has achieved in the movie industry. That said, I am a Big Batman fan (though that’s not obvious on here). As far as the DCEU goes, its hit and miss, but I do watch and own all of them (Mantalab Fullslips for me) Though I haven’t yet seen Aquaman. Waiting on the arrival of my MP GB for that one 😁🙌🏼

I think I go along with general consensus on here that MOS was underrated and that BvS was pretty poor.

The other issue with DC, is that they can’t find a decent Batman for a long term role. What RDJ has done for Iron Man is a Huge deal. DC needs that, but of course as we all know, we are due yet another Batman.... 🙄 (Not to mention another Joker, and Another spin on the story). 

• Like 3

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ I'm basically of the same mind thought.

Marvel characters are what I principally grew up with and adored the most. thanks in no small part to Lee and Kirby.

In the DC camp, Bats was always my fave, principally because he was just a 'human' that pushed himself to develop incredible skills.

Bats' comics went through some pretty rough times (I guess all characters did at one time or another) but he always bounced back.

On film, I don't really have a fave actor that has portrayed Bats. Affleck was closest I guess to the Bats (and Wayne) I wanted to see (no idea who they are lining up next).

As for team ups, I actually preferred the Justice League in comics but on film, they pale in comparison to The Avengers, I do and always will, blame the writers as much as the Director. As I honestly don't think the writers for DC have read a comic in their life.

My other fave character in the DC universe is The Spectre. Problem is, he has grown so darn powerful over the years that he is almost unfilmable at this point.

Ah well.  🙂

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★

@Robertm89 

I'm not an expert in the DC universe, I didn't read comics, so I just watch the movies one after the other without knowing each character before 

and without expecting anything except enternainment (it's exactly the same with MCU 😉 )

I was very disappointed with Suicide Squad (Apart from Harley Quinn, the cast is missed in my opinion) and BvS (even if I find Affleck and Cavill pretty good in their role).

I found MoS and JL not so bad, but my farourites are Wonder Woman and Aquaman, I didn't see Shazam for the moment, but it looks great, I just watched the trailer.

• Like 5

Good Evening @cypheria078 !

If you are not familiar with the comics of the characters you've been enjoying on screen, then I certainly applaud you for deciphering "who's who in the zoo?" so quickly !!!  🧐

I agree that SS was a real waste of excellent material. You had a chance of putting some of the most iconic villain characters in comics on screen and you wasted it with a hoola-hooping witch and a walking BBQ?  Yeah, Margot Robbie's portrayal of Harley Quinn, while NOT accurate, was about the only thing that kept this show from becoming a Dumpster Fire.

MoS was really great...in many parts. Some parts were not so great imho. Lois lane was once again, the 'useless damsel in distress' and the destruction fight at the end, has it's own You-tube channel for laughs.

Batman V Superman: a film concept every fan-boy wanted to see, except, they didn't. The extended edition at least fleshes out WHY they are fighting but still doesn't explain why Eisenberg got the role as Supes' greatest nemesis or why then drag  a Dungeons 'N Dragons Earth Elemental (rock monster, for the uninitiated, aka-Doomsday) into the show to kill Supes when the show actually ended when they both realized, "hey, we BOTH love our Moms!!!! Let's be buddies now!

Justice League; sigh, Act 1 was fantastic! Forming the team, love it. Then we meet Grandpa Simpson as the Key Villain and learn he has an Oedipal complex for his "Mother".  Ah, Cyborg, I thought you were  a great character played by an excellent actor but your shooting Star is shot....

I haven't seen Aquaman yet (could NOT picture anyone other than Mamoa playing him now) but the Wonder Woman film is excellent and Gal Gadot is my wet dream.

Ta Ta 🧐

• Like 3

Happy Monday everybody. 

Today I thought I would come up with something a little different in the English room to start the week. Just for a little fun. I only joined MP in December 2018, and it has been fantastic since. I think I've only received about 5 editions maybe a little more from GB's. But today if its possible for you to show me I want a pic of your first ever GB purchase and your latest 😁 and you have to tag somebody on your post so they can show us too..... 👍

Here are mine. The first media p Arrival I had was a movie I really really like. Fight club. And my latest which I haven't actually watched yet 😂 is fantastic beasts which is a beautiful box. 

I look forward to seeing people's answers to this and have a great day.

@RileyLad your up, show us what you got lol? 

AWsu5ew.gif

• Like 6

• ★ Administrators ★

Hi English room,

today will be the day for me 😍

tenor.gif?itemid=13031985

I'm excited ☺️

Completely agree with you @Grendel what a horrible stupid villain in Justice League, I mean that character is only known to hardcore comic fans (like myself) and was simply horrible. They should have introcduced the characters in stand alone movies (which works, see Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Shazam and also Man of Steel) and have a build up to Justice League with Villain Darkseid or a Legions of Doom (Joker, Lex Luthor, Sinestro, Grood, Cheeta and more), but they completely rushed everything and changed direction almost daily 😥. Sadly DC is missing a guy like Kevin Feige who clearly must be a genius for getting all done correctly at Marvel. I belive Geoff Johns would be the right person for building a bigger story for the DC Expanded Universe, but sadly they don't give him enough power. He is the best comic writer of the last 20 years and has revolutionized Green Lantern and the JSA.  We will see what future movies bring 😅

@Robertm89 you mean my very first GB purchase 😅 that was a long time ago 🤔 have to check wich edition it actually was.

• Like 6

My First GB was way back in n MP V1.0 and it was Nova medias T2 Oneclick .... Unfortunately i dont have the pics of it atm .... will have to edit this after ive found it out and taken some more ....but my latest MP aquisition is UC Forrest Gump....

now im going to tag @Scary Hair ... but I think i know what her first GB was .....🤔....🤪🤣

Just found this pic on flickr ... the guilty item that got me hooked on Lenticular slips ....

• Like 5

coffee.gif Good day everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

I just joined MP in March '19 & my first buy (I have not rec'd my 1st GB yet... I'm in sooo many now though hyper.gif panic.gif popcorn.gif...) seeing how it was direct from J! borat.gif

@Masterblaster, it was (I am anxiously waiting for the "motherbox"😞

Will be going to see tomorrow (Tuesday) 12:30 pm at our local theatre (Tuesday is Deal Day Tuesday! All tickest are just $5 ALL DAY, A popcorn and drink are also just $5 ALL DAY every Tuesday)!!

1024476PL.jpg

@Veum bullwhip.gif

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Grendel said:

our eyes will bleed.

Sounds promising.

Just to add my 2 cents that nobody asked for…I find BvS unwatchable; due in large part to Eisenberg as Luther and otherwise just being a mess, with the extended cut being an extended mess. I could go into more detail, but why bother? It's just my opinion and I'm not a comics fan, so it doesn't impact my world view. I could also live without Justice League. It's a different kind of mess, albeit slightly more watchable. I enjoyed MoS for the most part, though I think it suffers from some structural issues. Wonder Woman was good, but the CGI isn't great. I didn't notice it so much in the theater, but it's apparent in HD. Aquaman is mostly fun and the production design is fantastic, but the villians are pretty boring. Also, he seems very overpowered. The necessity to revive Superman in JL seems unwarranted when AM is later shown to be practically Superman Light.

• Like 3

On 4/29/2019 at 2:02 PM, ukade2327 said:

My First GB was way back in n MP V1.0 and it was Nova medias T2 Oneclick .... Unfortunately i dont have the pics of it atm .... will have to edit this after ive found it out and taken some more ....but my latest MP aquisition is UC Forrest Gump....

now im going to tag @Scary Hair ... but I think i know what her first GB was .....🤔....🤪🤣

Just found this pic on flickr ... the guilty item that got me hooked on Lenticular slips ....

I think the novaMedia Terminator 2 lenti is still one of the best premiums available for T2 so lovely edition @ukade2327

I have that and the 1/4 slip too - love them

The pictures of Uhd Clubs Forrest Gump look great too. Think Uhd Club are doing a great job with there releases. Unfortunately the only one I have is Saving private Ryan but it’s amazing! I’m down for Bumblebee tho  👍

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 10:32 AM, Robertm89 said:

Happy Monday everybody. 

Today I thought I would come up with something a little different in the English room to start the week. Just for a little fun. I only joined MP in December 2018, and it has been fantastic since. I think I've only received about 5 editions maybe a little more from GB's. But today if its possible for you to show me I want a pic of your first ever GB purchase and your latest 😁 and you have to tag somebody on your post so they can show us too..... 👍

Here are mine. The first media p Arrival I had was a movie I really really like. Fight club. And my latest which I haven't actually watched yet 😂 is fantastic beasts which is a beautiful box. 

I look forward to seeing people's answers to this and have a great day.

@RileyLad your up, show us what you got lol? 

AWsu5ew.gif

Another great topic so my reply is....

I joined MP in November 2017 and my first group buy was Blufans Rogue one DL👌 I’ll tag you in this post @Robertm89 as I know how much you love Star Wars! 😂

My most recent pick up was the last the Hdzeta trilogy DKR

So many great items on the way tho so watch this space. Love being a part of this great forum!

P.s sorry about tho poor photos but I’m away on a work training coarse so it the best I could do at this time 😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

I think the novaMedia Terminator 2 lenti is still one of the best premiums available for T2 so lovely edition @ukade2327

I have that and the 1/4 slip too - love them

The pictures of Uhd Clubs Forrest Gump look great too. Think Uhd Club are doing a great job with there releases. Unfortunately the only one I have is Saving private Ryan but it’s amazing! I’m down for Bumblebee tho  👍

You’re not wrong there @RileyLad that nova T2 Lenti is awesome  , the transition is amazing ... as for UC editions, from the moment  i first saw WW listed i knew they would be special and it was then I decided to try and get all the editions they put out , so far I do , including the FS Schindlers list they did before the Leather edition.....imo . these are not to be missed....... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2019 at 10:47 PM, ukade2327 said:

You’re not wrong there @RileyLad that nova T2 Lenti is awesome  , the transition is amazing ... as for UC editions, from the moment  i first saw WW listed i knew they would be special and it was then I decided to try and get all the editions they put out , so far I do , including the FS Schindlers list they did before the Leather edition.....imo . these are not to be missed....... 

That Schindlers list looks amazing- I have seen the recent beauty pics! We’re very lucky as they come with some fantastic extras made by our one and only Ksosk too!

You’re very fortunate to have a copy of every UC titles to date, especially with there low run print numbers and high quality standards! I do believe they will be very sought after indeed.

I don’t know about you but I just can’t stop looking at the recent live pics of bumblebee (please see pics below) as an 80’s kid I have very high hopes for this film 😁

• Like 3

On 4/29/2019 at 2:02 PM, ukade2327 said:

Mine I think was my first One Click too ❤❤ still sealed . 

I go to open it and it stuns me with its bling 😍😍

My latest  I'll grab pics tomorrow  the Mighty fine Full and Single Lenti Inglorious Basterds From Manta Lab .

• Like 7

On 4/29/2019 at 11:44 PM, ukade2327 said:

As promised , heres the T2 Nova OC ....

Awesome OC set @ukade2327

Unfortunately I'm missing the full slip. I paid over £100 for the lenti and 1/4 slip off eBay back in the day. The dark times before being a member of MP.

Been taking a look on eBay to see if I can pick up a sealed copy of the full slip cheaper nowadays with all the 4k and 3D editions coming out. Maybe one day get my hands on one.

If you have the time @ukade2327please could you post a picture with the reverse artwork of these editions especially if@Robertm89 or @Basil haven’t seen it before?? It’s well worth seeing in my opinion. 😍👌 

• Like 2