• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cornbuster

• Gladiator_MV

• CAYENNE-FAHRER

• Catgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning, everybody.

Yes, I finally went to see Scorsese's latest movie, "Killers of the Flower Moon".

1º) In the Spanish translation of the title, the word "flower" has disappeared. Nobody knows why. Maybe a translator with any dictionary available. 

2º) I liked the movie. In fact, I find amazing Scorsese's talent to thread such a consistent narrative where not so many things happen, but at the same time everything happens; during 3 hours and 20 minutes.

3º) I think Leo deserves a nomination, if we didn't know him I'd say he's like that too. And De Niro is brilliant, as always. Lily Gladstone also does really well. Other nomination for ther, please.

4º) Before I went, I made a joke here about take the smartphones turned on during the movie, and smash them against the wall. Afther that, Karma took its revenge on me.

To my right was sat a couple, male and female. In the first part of the movie, she started turning on her smartphone every now and then to check Whatsapp. I looked over slyly, trying to make her realize that she was disturbing. She turned it off, but later she turned it on again, this time to read typical trendy news,.... And as it was not enough, she started to comment them to the guy, talking together about the news. There I stretched my neck and gave them my missile-exterminating look, they didn't do it again.

But, dear @hal56, when I thought I had achieved my victory, and could enjoy the movie quietly and comfortably... finally!!!,... he fell asleep and began to snore.

Impressive.

The real Sensurround. 

Anyway, I hope all of you you have a good week. Friday is just around the corner. ;) 

• Like 16

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Casiusco:

Good morning, everybody.

Yes, I finally went to see Scorsese's latest movie, "Killers of the Flower Moon".

1º) In the Spanish translation of the title, the word "flower" has disappeared. Nobody knows why. Maybe a translator with any dictionary available. 

2º) I liked the movie. In fact, I find amazing Scorsese's talent to thread such a consistent narrative where not so many things happen, but at the same time everything happens; during 3 hours and 20 minutes.

3º) I think Leo deserves a nomination, if we didn't know him I'd say he's like that too. And De Niro is brilliant, as always. Lily Gladstone also does really well. Other nomination for ther, please.

4º) Before I went, I made a joke here about take the smartphones turned on during the movie, and smash them against the wall. Afther that, Karma took its revenge on me.

To my right was sat a couple, male and female. In the first part of the movie, she started turning on her smartphone every now and then to check Whatsapp. I looked over slyly, trying to make her realize that she was disturbing. She turned it off, but later she turned it on again, this time to read typical trendy news,.... And as it was not enough, she started to comment them to the guy, talking together about the news. There I stretched my neck and gave them my missile-exterminating look, they didn't do it again.

But, dear @hal56, when I thought I had achieved my victory, and could enjoy the movie quietly and comfortably... finally!!!,... he fell asleep and began to snore.

Impressive.

The real Sensurround. 

Anyway, I hope all of you you have a good week. Friday is just around the corner. ;) 

That's why I'm glad to have my own home theater. It's gotten so bad in the movie theaters. Or I'm just too old now and have a different perception, I don't know.

• Like 11

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be   🥶  here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

Monday Morning GIF

3%
Chilly with clouds giving way to sun; the chilliest air of the season sticks around through midweek

RealFeel®43°

RealFeel Shade™40°

Max UV Index3 Moderate

WindNW 10 mph

• Like 12

War noch etwas im Garten einpflanzen, aber im Herbst macht das keinen Spaß. Frühling ist schöner..... 🙃

Mitte November wollen wir mit der Bahn nach Berlin fahren, zum Hotel Mama, sind zwar nur für 4 Tage, aber besser als nix. Wir beide müssen einfach mal raus, da wir ja nun keinen Urlaub hatten, wegen der Krankheit von meinem Mann. 

Jetzt habe wir gehört das die Bahn evtl zu der Zeit streiken will....... 

• Like 10
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Gentleman said:

That's why I'm glad to have my own home theater. It's gotten so bad in the movie theaters. Or I'm just too old now and have a different perception, I don't know.

You are right. 

Even so, I still love the gesture of going to the movies, the ritual. Although I really enjoy having a good TV with a good Home Cinema, I have it and in a way it has also become another gesture, another ritual, for me there is nothing like watching a movie in front of a huge screen, in a dark room surrounded by strangers.

It's another moment, another air; sensorially and intellectually, feel myself predisposed in another way. Expectant. It is the old collective act of going to hear stories, again.

My failure was to go on a weekend. I usually take advantage of workday evenings, when I can; and go to a good movie theater that is semi-empty. Quiet. No teenagers or annoying people. Sessions "for professionals", I usually say jokingly.

And have a drink, or walk back talking about the movie.

These are nights when the movie theater seems even darker. 

But strangely, strangers don't seem so strange. They are like us.

;) 

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Catgirl said:

War noch etwas im Garten einpflanzen, aber im Herbst macht das keinen Spaß. Frühling ist schöner..... 🙃

Mitte November wollen wir mit der Bahn nach Berlin fahren, zum Hotel Mama, sind zwar nur für 4 Tage, aber besser als nix. Wir beide müssen einfach mal raus, da wir ja nun keinen Urlaub hatten, wegen der Krankheit von meinem Mann. 

Jetzt habe wir gehört das die Bahn evtl zu der Zeit streiken will....... 

Do you believe in destiny?

I don't. Except every time I watch "Match Point". But maybe destiny is telling you something.

;) 

Still, I hope you can make that trip. Traveling is one of the best things we can do in this life.

It changes everything, it improves everything. It opens our eyes, and in the process, we enjoy.

dr-who-tom-baker.gif

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, hal56 said:

Very impressive.

Surely you rewarded him with a pillow?...

The Simpsons Pillow GIF - The Simpsons Pillow Goodbye GIFs

It was a possibility.

And really good.

But I'm a peaceful guy.

And still I had many doubts and several temptations on my mind...

main-qimg-a8303c4f939b57f70798f04efe6d19

In fact, there was a moment when I thought about telling her if she hadn't found anyone better to be with, or to go to the movies with, but of course, ...she was the one who watched the trending news  on her smartphone and commented on it out loud...

At that moment I remembered an old Spanish saying that says: "God raises them, and they gather together."

Or as my grandmother would say: "There's always a broken one for an unpicked one."

;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Casiusco said:

You are right. 

Even so, I still love the gesture of going to the movies, the ritual. Although I really enjoy having a good TV with a good Home Cinema, I have it and in a way it has also become another gesture, another ritual, for me there is nothing like watching a movie in front of a huge screen, in a dark room surrounded by strangers.

It's another moment, another air; sensorially and intellectually, feel myself predisposed in another way. Expectant. It is the old collective act of going to hear stories, again.

My failure was to go on a weekend. I usually take advantage of workday evenings, when I can; and go to a good movie theater that is semi-empty. Quiet. No teenagers or annoying people. Sessions "for professionals", I usually say jokingly.

And have a drink, or walk back talking about the movie.

These are nights when the movie theater seems even darker. 

But strangely, strangers don't seem so strange. They are like us.

;) 

I am fortunate to have a very nice home theater setup but there’s still something about the theater.  Some directors clearly design the sight and sound of the movie to use the large space (I’m thinking of Robert Eggers here among many others).  

It also forces my attention and keeps me in the movie.  At home, even when I commit to putting away the phone and not taking breaks, my son ends up needing my attention or something.  

I’m actually really upset at the mommy that I can’t see Fincher’s The Killer in a theater.  The closest showing is almost 4 hours away.  Nashville, where I am, is large enough that we get even obscure movies.  Had the opportunity to see Oppenheimer in 70mm IMAX.  But Netflix, foolishly, is doing a very limited theater release before sending the work of one of our best visual artists to television.

Anyway, I got to see Killers of the Flower Moon (they’re translating it there as “Killers of the Moon”?) in IMAX.  I loved the tension and atmosphere, but feel like the movie oddly got less tense when the FBI showed up.  Still, glad I got to see a new Scorsese movie on the largest possible screen.

• Like 8