IGNORED

Media Psychos Horror Award

• ★ Administrators ★

Welcome Media Psychos Members!

It is finally time for a new Award and since Halloween is around the corner we thought one Genre would be very fitting.

We're happy to present to you our

HORROR AWARD

new_award_BlackSandLogoReveal.gif.4de47f034f1b8ce37fc927de904213b3.gif

This Award is part of our Cinematic History Award group which will feature specifc movie decades (like the 80s and our Monster Award). More Genres and other decades will come soon.

The first Stage in the Horror Award is called: Psychos are such a warm place to hide!

The terrifing cool award logo was done by @raylight 🙏

HorrorAward.png.2b6e46d3aaa017fd9faee6821a46ff05.png

The Horror Genre can come in many different forms and has lots of subgenres. So get carzy and browse your collection for all the Demonic Possessions, Paranormal occurences, lurking Slasher, terrifing Zombies or disgusting gore.

jason-scary.gif

To receive Stage 1: Psychos are such a warm place to hide!

6rL5.gif

You have to make and show us pictures of 25 different Horror Movies from your collection.

If you include Collections/Boxsets from Horror Series, all movies included in the Set will count towards the Award.

Important! Movies shown should be clearly associated to the Horror Genre. If you include lesser known movies please include what type of Horror they are. 

This award is not limited to any specific packaging type! Everything is allowed! Steelbooks, Digipacks, Premiums, Amaray, Sets, even DVD or VHS if you still have them.

The pictures have to include your Media Psychos member card or other Media Psychos stuff, it can be a simple piece of paper on which you write your member name @ mediapsychos.com (for example). It really doesn't take that much time to add something like that and makes the pictures even more exciting for the community.

Please make sure that we can see the cover/front of each movie and edition, no spine pictures are allowed in this award.

And now let the blood flow!

giphy.gif

Another special thanks goes to @raylight who also created all the great New Award and Award Received gifs you will see in this Topic and other topics.

A list of all awards can be found in our Award Central. It will continue to grow with many fun awards for you to get.

We hope many of you participate. And don't forget to show your appreciation for all the great pictures posted here and give them some likes.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

Thanks for sharing your scary and horrifying collections with the community.

OBh0.gif

You all @extantsrevenge @pluto57 @CAYENNE-FAHRER @bossjon @Veum @JojoFrance76 @Heywoodmoutaw @jwhitm3 @nathan_s82 @hal56 @Gentleman @upmaniac @Chief_lookout @MikeH5856 @Mrdugan @Gary K @Wail @Reagh @cypheria078 @BlackWidow81 @ncraft @Martyn @TechSpec924 have shown that you are indeed a special breed of Psychos much deserving of our "Psychos are such a warm place to hide!" award.

giphy.gif

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Evil dead 1 and 2 are in 1 case

The john Carpenter collection is 4 movies but only 3 I would consider horror

If you haven't seen -

Dead heat is zombies

the Void I think you can tell by the cover that's horror 

Will you count anything that is under the horror category on Netflix cause I was looking at horror movies on there yesterday and they had walker Texas ranger the TV show listed sooooooo......

20231018_080724.jpg

20231018_080800.jpg

• Like 18

Man, there are some incredible collections here, jumping in for fun with my meager collection.  

Where movies are part of a collection, I tried to show what collection and then the movie on the inside (except for Evil Dead, where the contents are conveniently listed on the front of the box).  I think at least 4 of those Vincent Price movies are horror, probably 5.

i tried to save all of the movies of questionable genre for the last pic, stuff that I think of as horror but others may not.  Judges, feel free to disqualify them!  Not trying to get away with something (there are so many awesome collections on this site that I have no expectation of winning).  Anyway, I ramble too much, here they are:

IMG_9365.jpeg

IMG_9358.jpeg

IMG_9354.jpeg

IMG_9355.jpeg

IMG_9357.jpeg

IMG_9359.jpeg

IMG_9360.jpeg

IMG_9362.jpeg

IMG_9364.jpeg

• Like 16

• ★ Administrators ★

@CAYENNE-FAHRER you submission resulted in a lively discussion within the Team of what titles should be allowed in this award and count as Horror Movies.

I actually think she is to sexy

underworld-selene.gif

to be thrown together with for example guys like this one

giphy.gif

In the end we decided Underworld is kind of a soft Horror, because of the Vampire and Werewolf themes, same with Van Helsing and the different Monsters in that one.

Anayway I will not allow Upgrade for this Award, it is more Sci-Fi Action. I also don't really like the inclusion of New Mutants, but I guess you could consider it a Horror Movie for how horrible bad it is 🤣.

That said, congratulations to your next award

award_received_DarkGlowingLogoReveal.gif.16a8cdfc35c3af15f5eda9bc013df63c.gif

@jwhitm3 so Evil Dead 2 Movies and Carpenter 3. Correct me if I'm wrong but then I count 24 movies shown 😅.

giphy.gif

that is a scary selection @bossjon

Congrats

award_received_BurningLogoReveal.gif.3974c9c01259294864d8aac8b4ba877b.gif

Good that I already got that Underworld controversy out of the way 🤣

killer-psycho.gif

Well done @Veum

award_received_MetallicSphereBlastIntro.gif.433a300ffc88aa7b43f2ab50556f88b5.gif

giphy.gif

Don't look, don't look to many scary Movies.

Great submission @JojoFrance76

award_received_LightningStrikeLogoReveal.gif.3c11e16a1a084230b8a7c30bcc4759b7.gif

giphy.gif

Good that you included more @Heywoodmoutaw this way I don't need to debate some of the movies shown 🤣. From the last picture my initial reaction would be to only allow Angel Heart, The Lighthouse and The Bird with the Crystal Plumage.

Congratulations to your first Collection Award.

award_received_IlluminatedCirclesIntro.gif.7b978334ef67da56eea34dd0a8e7390b.gif

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

@CAYENNE-FAHRER you submission resulted in a lively discussion within the Team of what titles should be allowed in this award and count as Horror Movies.

underworld-selene.gif

giphy.gif

In the end we decided Underworld is kind of a soft Horror, because of the Vampire and Werewolf themes, same with Van Helsing and the different Monsters in that one.

Anayway I will not allow Upgrade for this Award, it is more Sci-Fi Action. I also don't really like the inclusion of New Mutants, but I guess you could consider it a Horror Movie for how horrible bad it is 🤣.

@extantsrevenge  Nils what kinda of team do you have on board that does not think the Underworld is not horror 😈, have you been feeding them those  🐿 berries 🫐 too much to your Team and yourself! 😂 

Been a “horror” fan for decades and Vampires, Werewolves are definitely part of the “horror” genre! 👊

Please Team lay off the berries 🫐 and get the cobwebs 🕸 out!! 😅 🤣 😂

Mr Bean Reaction GIF mr bean GIF black and white horror GIF by RETRO-FIEND

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

underworld-selene.gif

giphy.gif

That said, congratulations to your next award

award_received_DarkGlowingLogoReveal.gif.16a8cdfc35c3af15f5eda9bc013df63c.gif

@jwhitm3 so Evil Dead 2 Movies and Carpenter 3. Correct me if I'm wrong but then I count 24 movies shown 😅.

giphy.gif

that is a scary selection @bossjon

Congrats

award_received_BurningLogoReveal.gif.3974c9c01259294864d8aac8b4ba877b.gif

Good that I already got that Underworld controversy out of the way 🤣

killer-psycho.gif

Well done @Veum

award_received_MetallicSphereBlastIntro.gif.433a300ffc88aa7b43f2ab50556f88b5.gif

giphy.gif

Don't look, don't look to many scary Movies.

Great submission @JojoFrance76

award_received_LightningStrikeLogoReveal.gif.3c11e16a1a084230b8a7c30bcc4759b7.gif

giphy.gif

Good that you included more @Heywoodmoutaw this way I don't need to debate some of the movies shown 🤣. From the last picture my initial reaction would be to only allow Angel Heart, The Lighthouse and The Bird with the Crystal Plumage.

Congratulations to your first Collection Award.

award_received_IlluminatedCirclesIntro.gif.7b978334ef67da56eea34dd0a8e7390b.gif

You can say all the bad things you want about The New Mutants, but don't even think about saying anything bad about Anya Taylor Joy or her interpretation of the character, I said🧐😁

New Mutants Regal Movies GIF by Regal

• Haha 6

• ★ Administrators ★

giphy.gif

Thanks for the extra picture @jwhitm3, now you got it

award_received_SwirlingSmokeLogoReveal.gif.33e5c9bb8b505af9eb56951d083e8fd4.gif

16 hours ago, Noir21 said:

You can say all the bad things you want about The New Mutants, but don't even think about saying anything bad about Anya Taylor Joy or her interpretation of the character, I said🧐😁

New Mutants Regal Movies GIF by Regal

Nothing against her, I like her too. Can't wait to see Furiosa next year 😀

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

giphy.gif

Thanks for the extra picture @jwhitm3, now you got it

@extantsrevenge So to keep my steels standing up straight in the cabinet one of them has to go behind the hinge and that is where this movie goes.  Because it tricked me!  When I bought it I thought it was the original so now this steelbook lives in shame behind the hinge

Super Troopers Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures

• Like 1
  • Haha 3