The Criterion Collection

R1s1ngs0n

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

@Reagh It landed today, and it is half price during the 24 hour flash sale today.  

Inland Empire Criterion $19.97

Mine arrived a few hours ago and I’m disappointed to say the least. EVERY David Lynch release from Criterion has been a Fullslip with a booklet & digipak. For some reason Criterion decided the one release that fans have been waiting over a decade for…. To just slap it together in a amaray case. I say we riot. 

D85F1BFD-3F45-4317-A784-3AB33BA80398.gif.c52c157a73e2157881de59b0de1d35e0.gif

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Reagh said:

Mine arrived a few hours ago and I’m disappointed to say the least. EVERY David Lynch release from Criterion has been a Fullslip with a booklet & digipak. For some reason Criterion decided the one release that fans have been waiting over a decade for…. To just slap it together in a amaray case. I say we riot. 

D85F1BFD-3F45-4317-A784-3AB33BA80398.gif.c52c157a73e2157881de59b0de1d35e0.gif

Aw man, seriously? That is a damn shame. I was really hoping for a uniform Lynch collection. 

I’ll be at the riot. 

Edited by hansreinhardt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Picked these up at the Criterion 50% off FLASH SALE (hurry, you only have 25 minutes left till the end of the sale!!!!)

Michael Haneke: Trilogy • Romeo and Juliet • Drive My Car • Hollywood Shuffle • Imitation of Life • Inland Empire • The Velvet Underground • Mildred Pierce (4K UHD)• The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (4K UHD)

image.thumb.png.341827c8a2de848a99ac2bfc5503f258.png  image.thumb.png.24c42511607e82bc538dc936e4c334c8.png Drive My Car.  image.thumb.png.df46c322ced6045e747961d4b98f70d9.png   image.thumb.png.247bca199356ec1dc76d7012266e4d1d.pngimage.thumb.png.2927c1055596bbd3e1ada93a125ac58e.png.  image.thumb.png.708ab73b4ae16df33737b2f51a61a633.png.  image.thumb.png.01ce767493f9181fe4d564b9c7217c22.png.  image.thumb.png.7b19262b5c0202842ee75d52eaf8deed.png

• Like 4

Awards

3 hours ago, Veum said:

🥤 🤠 🎬 Criterion 50% Off Flash Sale - Tuesday, March 21 2023 - 12:00 PM ET ordered today...

Paris, Texas (Blu-ray) The Power of the Dog 4K (Blu-ray) Revanche (Blu-ray)

Just added today from AMZ.com…

image.jpeg.e6eb504b6d2c624754b357c2c5728d67.jpeg

A TV news cameraman finds himself becoming personally involved in the violence that erupts around the 1968 Democratic National Convention.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, hal56 said:

After Hours and One False Move for me.

That artwork on OFM is gorgeous.

Agreed.  This is one of the better months of releases recently.  I am STILL waiting on waaaaaaay too many Blu-Rays to replace DVDs of the early spines.  Every month I hope, but they seem very committed to new titles over re-releasing old ones in HD (although they are updating HDs to 4K occasionally).

• Like 2

vor 11 Minuten schrieb BreakBeatDJ:

Agreed.  This is one of the better months of releases recently.  I am STILL waiting on waaaaaaay too many Blu-Rays to replace DVDs of the early spines.  Every month I hope, but they seem very committed to new titles over re-releasing old ones in HD (although they are updating HDs to 4K occasionally).

I wished Criterion would put more focus on reissuing older DVDs too. Seems more imminent to me then replacing blurays.

• Like 2

Definitely getting After Hours; plus that artwork is killer. Just hope it comes in a regular scanavo case and not one of Criterion’s flimsy digipaks.

It’s also the first Criterion I’m getting after last year’s Raging Bull so these will look nice side by side.

Also, judging by this recent pattern that sees a Scorsese film released every July, I hope Mean Streets is next in line.

• Like 1

🧋🤠 I thought I recognized the character Jack from the AWIL in After Hours (After Hours does not look like my cup of tea though) Griffen Dunne!! 😉

🤠 Will be purchasing some rootin’ tootin’ Randolph Scott w/the fantastic directed Budd Boetticher in 4K, I own some of these in…

Randolph Scott Western Collection  (1943-1960) 

Randolph Scott Western Collection (Blu-ray)

Looks like I might be Interested in One False Move also, w/it’s strong noirish overtones! :)

“A small town police chief awaits the arrival of a gang of killers.”

Edited by Veum

• ★ Administrators ★
4 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

3 hours ago, hal56 said:

I wished Criterion would put more focus on reissuing older DVDs too. Seems more imminent to me then replacing blurays.

3 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

I Bet Snoop Dogg GIF by chuber channel

It’s a rights issue in most cases I’m guessing.    I suspect hey don’t have blu ray/4K rights for many of their DVD only releases. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...