• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
9 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

@Gary K

FYI all new and upcoming titles are posted in this topic, as well as added to the masterlist in OP.

Yes, I had added the november titles to this topic earlier this month as you will see above.  

With the announcement of "Wall-E", I had asked @ShadowWarriortoday about also adding titles as individual topics (to follow the new format and include all release details and purchase links).  Also since now some are 4K as well, they should be under that topic.  

He thought it was a good idea and suggested I proceed.  If I should be posting things differently, please let me know.

Thanks,

Gary

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Yes, I had added the november titles to this topic earlier this month as you will see above.  

With the announcement of "Wall-E", I had asked @ShadowWarriortoday about also adding titles as individual topics (to follow the new format and include all release details and purchase links).  Also since now some are 4K as well, they should be under that topic.  

He thought it was a good idea and suggested I proceed.  If I should be posting things differently, please let me know.

Thanks,

Gary

I created the Criterion topic so it could be regularly updated with new releases, so since it's already in the BD section, I don't think it's necessary to create seperate threads for BD only releases. For 4K releases, I suggest you create a similar topic in that section that includes all their 4K titles.

• ★ Administrators ★
2 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

I created the Criterion topic so it could be regularly updated with new releases, so since it's already in the BD section, I don't think it's necessary to create seperate threads for BD only releases. For 4K releases, I suggest you create a similar topic in that section that includes all their 4K titles.

Doesn't it make sense to post them individually to be able find them easily, add release details, additional purchase links and discussion like all the other release posts?  We can still post them in this topic, but IMHO it doesn't hurt to have them as individual topics as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Doesn't it make sense to post them individually to be able find them easily, add release details, additional purchase links and discussion like all the other release posts?  We can still post them in this topic, but IMHO it doesn't hurt to have them as individual topics as well.

I personally don't see the use for that as posting these titles individually will eventually get them 'lost' in an ever growing list of titles that are added to that section on a daily basis.

This is precisely, why I created an all-encompassing topic for such a vast catalog, including a purchase link for each title.

But if you think individual topics can be beneficial, then I have absolutely no problem with you making them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
5 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

I personally don't see the use for that as posting these titles individually will eventually get them 'lost' in an ever growing list of titles that are added to that section on a daily basis.

This is precisely, why I created an all-encompassing topic for such a vast catalog, including a purchase link for each title.

But if you think individual topics can be beneficial, then I have absolutely no problem with you making them.

One benefit I see as that I know I (and others) follow individual title release topics of interest so when additional information is added we get a notification.  Like I said, it can't hurt and with your blessing I'll add them in both places.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ari said:

Would've never expected to see Wall-E from criterion 

I agree. But it truly is a marvellous movie! It's the uncanny style Wall-E has to react almost identical to in Buster Keaton and Woody Allen reaction manners. I never thought I'd like the movie as much as I do, but it's an unorthodox classic I'm glad Criterion regards as well now.

• Like 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

DECEMBER RELEASES

Cooley High (Blu-ray)

Price: $31.96

Purchase Link: Criterion

image.thumb.jpeg.6aea5b7a092f55dcd2ec0590ffdeea68.jpeg

The Velvet Underground (Blu-ray)

image.thumb.jpeg.e4d8fc2f410d6296fd9e6ad61aa22f95.jpeg

Three Films By Mai Zetterling (Blu-ray)

Price: $63.96

image.thumb.jpeg.9bc279b3c97daa02add12dd2fe58080c.jpeg

Michael Haneke Trilogy (Blu-ray)

Price: $63.96

image.thumb.jpeg.c3d930cbdf51a5e28b1a49d36af229e0.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

JANUARY RELEASES

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray)

Release Date: January 3, 2023

Price: $39.96

image.thumb.jpeg.c82c3dd13145d9d79a9d20afd0ae7bd8.jpeg

Imitation Of Life (Blu-ray)

Release Date: January 10, 2023

image.thumb.jpeg.2e9a7e16adb9541483b04235c912d649.jpeg

Lars Von Trier’s Europe Trilogy (Blu-ray)

Release Date: January 17, 2023

Price: $79.96

image.thumb.jpeg.71cbf3d1e515b74e55adae9f7c90a898.jpeg

This Is Not A Burial, It’s A Resurrection (Blu-ray)

Release Date: January 24, 2023

image.thumb.jpeg.e967588040760a5c93c2caa0432e6b50.jpeg

Bergman Island (Blu-ray)

Release Date:  January 31, 2023

image.thumb.jpeg.5c675cad00d8ddedb9d6f3ab79ce2d08.jpeg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

@Reagh did you see this?  I just got email today.

Inland Empire March 21, 2023

I did. I can’t wait. I saw the new 4K restoration in theaters 4 times. Twice in Tucson and twice in Phoenix. It’s spectacular. I’m a little disappointed we aren’t getting a Dolby Vision treatment. I hope David did the new transfer for "More things that happened" because that is a very important part of the experience. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Just got that glorious e-mail from Criterion... 50% off 24-hour flash sale now in effect! 

Placed my order—catching up on some David Lynch films, including that new Inland Empire restoration.

Thanks buddy.  I got the members discount email two weeks ago, usually it's the Tuesday after I get the discount email, but this time it's much later than normal.  I had given up checking in, glad you were on it.

Edited by BreakBeatDJ
  • Like 3

On 12/15/2022 at 10:43 PM, Reagh said:

I did. I can’t wait. I saw the new 4K restoration in theaters 4 times. Twice in Tucson and twice in Phoenix. It’s spectacular. I’m a little disappointed we aren’t getting a Dolby Vision treatment. I hope David did the new transfer for "More things that happened" because that is a very important part of the experience. 

@Reagh It landed today, and it is half price during the 24 hour flash sale today.  

Inland Empire Criterion $19.97

• Thanks 1