IGNORED

The Criterion Collection

R1s1ngs0n

vor einer Stunde schrieb R1s1ngs0n:

Big announcement from Criterion !

We’re thrilled to announce that CITIZEN KANE will lead Criterion’s first slate of 4K Ultra HD releases along with MENACE II SOCIETY, THE PIANO, MULHOLLAND DR., THE RED SHOES, and A HARD DAY'S NIGHT!
The first of these editions and their special features will be detailed in our November 2021 announcement next week, with others to follow in subsequent months.
Each title will be available in a 4K UHD+Blu-ray combo pack including a 4K UHD disc of the feature film as well as the film & its special features on Blu-ray. Select films will be presented in Dolby Vision HDR & Dolby Atmos. Stay tuned for details in our November announcement!

Oscar Isaac Hispanic Heritage Month GIF

and

about time GIF

• Like 2

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far this year, their choice of releases has been quite underwhelming (for me, at least) so this is great news.

I'm actually less excited by the fact they finally get into 4K than the prospect of having new, as well as older out of print titles getting an upgrade to blu-ray at the very least.

Criterion, pretty please give me:

Strangers On A Train

Peeping Tom

The Ipcress File

A Clockwork Orange

Man Bites Dog

Zodiac

• Like 4

vor 15 Minuten schrieb R1s1ngs0n:

So far this year  their choice of releases has been quite underwhelming (for me, at least) so this is great news.

I'm actually less excited by the fact they finally get into 4K than the prospect of having new, as well as older out of print titles getting an upgrade to blu-ray at the very least.

Criterion, pretty please give me:

Strangers On A Train

Peeping Tom

The Ipcress File

A Clockwork Orange

Man Bites Dog

Zodiac

I am hoping for these titles:

The Unbearable Lightness of Being

Le trou

Dead Ringers

Insomnia

Black Narcissus

Traffic

and any Terrence Malick movie they have released so far

• Like 3

6 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Strangers On A Train

Peeping Tom

6 hours ago, hal56 said:

Le trou

Insomnia

Yes, please! 😄

This was my original list from before:

Bringing up Baby (1938)

Beau Geste (1939)

Arsenic & Old Lace (1944)

Act of Violence (1949)

Sergeant York (1941)

Attack! (1956)

The Desperate Hours (1955)

Sergeant Rutledge (1960)

H.M.S. Defiant (1962)

Black Sunday (1977)

The Ninth Configuration (1980)

Prince of the City (1981)

Fitzcarraldo (1982)

The Hitcher (1986)

A few more to add:

Inherit the Wind

Judgment at Nuremberg

Sunset Boulevard (and Billy Wilder's other classics)

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

The Searchers, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, etc. (and other John Ford classics)

And some more Howard Hawks would be nice.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyDude007 said:

Please tell me how to grab this beauty! hubba hubba

From criterion website or from barnes and noble. Every year barnes and noble have a 50% off sale once in July and once in November. If you wait till November you can get it at barnes and noble for 20 dollars or 40 if you dont wanna wait. But dont worry they have plenty of copies always, criterion films aren't hard to get a hold of unlike some of the other distributors on this site.

• Like 3

Awards

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

From criterion website or from barnes and noble. Every year barnes and noble have a 50% off sale once in July and once in November. If you wait till November you can get it at barnes and noble for 20 dollars or 40 if you dont wanna wait. But dont worry they have plenty of copies always, criterion films aren't hard to get a hold of unlike some of the other distributors on this site.

Thanks for tip buddy!

• Like 1

Awards

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

Thanks for the info. I’ve never collected Criterion before. I only collect 4k UHDs, so I guess I’ll be starting. Couple question if you don’t mind. 

1. Any benefit to buying early? Like a slipcover or special booklet or anything?

2. You say they don’t really sell out, but can you be more specific? Has there been a release that did? Have you ever waited for the sale and regretted that? Do they usually stay in stock for say, a year?

I’ll leave my noob questions at that for now. Thanks in advance for any answers. 

• Like 2

Awards

1 hour ago, KillerBoots_tm said:

Thanks for the info. I’ve never collected Criterion before. I only collect 4k UHDs, so I guess I’ll be starting. Couple question if you don’t mind. 

1. Any benefit to buying early? Like a slipcover or special booklet or anything?

2. You say they don’t really sell out, but can you be more specific? Has there been a release that did? Have you ever waited for the sale and regretted that? Do they usually stay in stock for say, a year?

I’ll leave my noob questions at that for now. Thanks in advance for any answers. 

Well unlike most editions you get on this site through group buys, criterions aren't as rare or limited. Every criterion film has a spine number representing its release but it's not limited. The hardest ones to get a hold of are ones that may be out of print but that doesnt happen often you will be able to find and buy most of the collection if you wanted. it's the really old stuff that's out of print that's hard to find. They,re also not steelbooks they're a boutique high standard label that releases classic, foreign, and contemporary/arthouse films. Just check out your barnes and noble and theres 100's to choose from. But if you want you can preorder every release on there site and I have never seen a pre order sell out. So no I've never missed a edition I wanted by waiting, barnes and noble restock for the sales as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Awards

5 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Criterion just listed their upcoming November releases. New titles are:

Once Upon a Time in China: The Complete Films (Blu-ray)

bymLm1Ab3eB67sRqx7BeB73iO87BGZ_original.

Citizen Kane (Blu-ray & 4K/Blu-ray combo)

Yp6qC4kg4JLjjqcNdK8RAVM8eK2qnR_large.jpg

Menace II Society (Blu-ray & 4K/Blu-ray combo)

GUoSapt8ffMAe2RSiLbnUVqIk3Xfwv_large.jpg

Links for each title are in OP Masterlist.

Personally I cant wait for citizen kane and beasts of no nation and I think there upgrading onibaba as well.

Awards

• 1 month later...