• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Unai Usabiaga said:

Trying to get some 4k releases of Criterion from Spain. I see on Amazon some 4k editions around 25$, but...after the taxes,etc... 40€. Is there any chance to get this titles in Europe in a cheaper way? Thank you so much!!!!!!

The EU really tightened up the process with the new regulations last year. That’s just the way it is I’m afraid. Ken

• Thanks 1

It's kinda funny how criterion is all about world cinema and restoring film, making sure that important  film from around the world gets restored and curated. And yet there films are so unaccessible around the world, even here in america theres only one store that sales there product and that's Barnes and Noble. And those stores are far and few between.

Awards

Are criterion group buys for the UK a thing?

Raging bull coming up would be a good way to start if not.... *

*Preparing to be shot down in flames via some kind of Brexit added cost citation 

7 hours ago, V303 said:

Are criterion group buys for the UK a thing?

Raging bull coming up would be a good way to start if not.... *

*Preparing to be shot down in flames via some kind of Brexit added cost citation 

We dont have group buys for these releases as they are freely available to purchase via HMV and Zavvi … who also frequently have discount sales .. check em out … theres currently a 2 for £30 offer on …

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

We dont have group buys for these releases as they are freely available to purchase via HMV and Zavvi … who also frequently have discount sales .. check em out … theres currently a 2 for £30 offer on …

I did and sadly they don't stock certain titles... for instance "The Breakfast Club" and I'm yet to see any pre-order for Raging bull

No good unfortunately... I'm usually pretty good at sourcing stuff tbh but outside of Ebay at an inflated cost I'm struggling with this one

14 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

Tried amazon…?….

2 minutes ago, V303 said:

No good unfortunately... I'm usually pretty good at sourcing stuff tbh but outside of Ebay at an inflated cost I'm struggling with this one

Guess I'll just wait for the 4k and hope that is a wider release  😊👍🏻

35 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

Well don’t give up … a copy will come your way eventually …. I spent several years wxoting for certain editions and have eventually caught up with them at very favourable prices …

I know I know, you're right, patience young padawan etc.

If we had it all, the chase would be over and we'd be bored, as that's part of the fun... or should I say "fun" 🤔 😏 😉

• 3 weeks later...

Yikes, 30! I'm interested n picking up Pink Flamingos myself, but I already have the New Line set of John Waters which I think is pretty good. Yet I've being buying all of Criterion's recent releases as well, as I just love the Dreamlander's and John's commentaries and anecdotes.

• Like 1

Awards

24 minutes ago, StevenWest said:

Yikes, 30! I'm interested n picking up Pink Flamingos myself, but I already have the New Line set of John Waters which I think is pretty good. Yet I've being buying all of Criterion's recent releases as well, as I just love the Dreamlander's and John's commentaries and anecdotes.

Gotta be honest I haven't dove into john waters much I was kinda turned off watching multiple maniacs and didnt finish it but I'm definitely going to try again. I think I just wasnt ready or prepared for his style and how strange that world of film is lol, but what would you say is a good starter for him, for beginners? Should I try rewatching multiple maniacs or try something else first?

Awards

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ryan said:

So ik I said 30 but it's actually 27 counting the samurai box set. So here they are in all its glory.

20220714_212308.thumb.jpg.e71ff9a2298c23622260004a780f33c6.jpg20220714_212316.thumb.jpg.99465844854a5c49a5d45839696b6ff6.jpg20220714_212355.thumb.jpg.ad4eafe836dc0f81244a8aae482bb07d.jpg20220714_212408.thumb.jpg.6c79c40d92eb1d4dda034cc0ba6bbaec.jpg

Very nice haul. My first 4K Criterion, Raging Bull, should arrive in a couple of weeks 😃

I'm eagerly awaiting the announcment of their October titles, which should happen pretty soon. Since Goodfellas has yet to receive a proper release (Premium or otherwise), Criterion pretty much remain my only hope and I'm confident it will happen at some point. Taxi Driver, Raging Bull and The King Of Comedy all got nice Zavvi steels so it's about time the greatest ever mob movie got the treatment it deserves.

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
47 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Very nice haul. My first 4K Criterion, Raging Bull, should arrive in a couple of weeks 😃

I'm eagerly awaiting the announcment of their October titles, which should happen pretty soon. Since Goodfellas has yet to receive a proper release (Premium or otherwise), Criterion pretty much remain my only hope and I'm confident it will happen at some point. Taxi Driver, Raging Bull and The King Of Comedy all got nice Zavvi steels so it's about time the greatest ever mob movie got the treatment it deserves.

Titans of cult did a nice premium steel of goodfellas.  

as for the October Criterion releases it’s rumored that Night of the Living Dead in 4K and The Infernal Affairs trilogy are coming!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Titans of cult did a nice premium steel of goodfellas.  

AshamedCluelessBluefintuna-size_restrict

I'd rather not put into words what I think of this 'Premium' release, so I'll leave it at that.

36 minutes ago, Gary K said:

as for the October Criterion releases it’s rumored that Night of the Living Dead in 4K and The Infernal Affairs trilogy are coming!

I didn't see the second and third films of the trilogy. I absolutely loved the first one and thought it didn't need any prequel/sequel.

If Criterion will indeed release the trilogy, it will most likely be as a boxset, in which case I'll sadly have to pass.