R1s1ngs0n

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, BlackWolf said:

I guess the Wong Kar Wai boxset is region A ?

It is.

Although Criterion releases quite a lot of titles in the UK (region B), I doubt boxsets are included in UK catalog... personally I haven’t seen any, but you never know.

You can always email them and ask if this one will make the cut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlackWolf said:

I guess the Wong Kar Wai boxset is region A ?

44 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

It is.

Although Criterion releases quite a lot of titles in the UK (region B), I doubt boxsets are included in UK catalog... personally I haven’t seen any, but you never know.

You can always email them and ask if this one will make the cut.

I've read in Reddit it will be released in UK in April. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

With you on that Grendel! Whatever happened to 'free trade'? I like ordering from Criterion directly, as they offer 'points' for purchases made through them - even during their FLASH sales. Haven't tried this 'Unobstructed View' alternative for us Canucks. But again - they gotta pay shipping to get it to them, and then WE gotta paying shipping to get it to us. So I don't see much savings when I work out those prices as well. I ordered from Criterion recently, and now they strictly use DHL to deliver, and my package already got returned to Criterion! I asked if they could just use USPS, as it's not many DVD's I ordered - but nope! Try again with DHL, and still not here! Be so nice if Criterion could invest in a 'branch office' here in Toronto or anywhere in the country. That would probably cut out shipping costs all together to get merch up here. AND could be a nice partnership with the NFB and Quebec film board to more easily obtain and preserve some of our lesser known Canadian gems! (Goin' Down The Road, Rip Off, The Silent Partner, The Grey Fox, In The Belly Of The Dragon, etc.)

• Like 1

Awards

il y a 21 minutes, Veum a dit :

Sounds intriguing...

South Korea in 1986 under the military dictatorship: Two rural cops and a special detective from the capital investigate a series of brutal rape murders. Their rude measures become more desperate with each new corpse found. Based on a true case.

image.jpeg.2f2b8a3e3f09f06d626ce07cc38ed940.jpeg

if you've never seen it, I can only recommend it to you mike

really good movie, imo

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, RAK said:

Have you thought about getting with John to see if he could help you with this?

I have, but I figured if I was to try and acquire these through John, I would have to pay shipment to John and then shipment from John to my HUB, so it might end up costing either around the same or slightly more than if I were to just buy them from eBay for around $40 to $50 AUD each.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Big announcement from Criterion !

We’re thrilled to announce that CITIZEN KANE will lead Criterion’s first slate of 4K Ultra HD releases along with MENACE II SOCIETY, THE PIANO, MULHOLLAND DR., THE RED SHOES, and A HARD DAY'S NIGHT!
The first of these editions and their special features will be detailed in our November 2021 announcement next week, with others to follow in subsequent months.
Each title will be available in a 4K UHD+Blu-ray combo pack including a 4K UHD disc of the feature film as well as the film & its special features on Blu-ray. Select films will be presented in Dolby Vision HDR & Dolby Atmos. Stay tuned for details in our November announcement!
  • Like 8

• ★ Administrators ★
5 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

We’re thrilled to announce that CITIZEN KANE will lead Criterion’s first slate of 4K Ultra HD releases along with MENACE II SOCIETY, THE PIANO, MULHOLLAND DR., THE RED SHOES, and A HARD DAY'S NIGHT!
The first of these editions and their special features will be detailed in our November 2021 announcement next week, with others to follow in subsequent months.
Each title will be available in a 4K UHD+Blu-ray combo pack including a 4K UHD disc of the feature film as well as the film & its special features on Blu-ray. Select films will be presented in Dolby Vision HDR & Dolby Atmos. Stay tuned for details in our November announcement!

It's been a long time coming! Would love some to see some of my favorites released in 4k.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Bored Gilligans Island GIF by TV Land Classic

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Fantastic news! 

Really looking forward to this. 

• Like 2