IGNORED

Kimchidvd Akira (Ive Entertainment / Kimchidvd Collection #016) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Korea]

extantsrevenge

11 minutes ago, Steelbook_Movielover said:

Is there already info if it will be a 4k disc?

This was fans (of which I am) hoping. however, 4K has never been officially mentioned and isn’t mentioned in the beauty shots. So no 4K is the most likely 

58 minutes ago, DarthEd said:

All three editions are beautiful. This will be a tough decision.

Any ideas/hints as to what makes the “Premium Fullslip” premium?

It has more goodies (looking at the beauty shots) than the “standard” fullslip.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Soundwave said:

Thanks for the info :)

I adore Akira & would love to get the OC but sadly it will be beyond my means cost wise (as OC's generally are) so it's just the one version for me...which means a much tougher choice between the Lenti & Premium lol

Neil

😲 (begins sweating...) 😰

• Haha 2

• ★ Administrators ★
9 minutes ago, ksosk said:

Sorry guys, 

This release will not include the 4K

Not a problem for me. With animated movies I just don't see any improvement with 4K anyway. When the 4K disc eventually comes out and IF it's worth it, I have no problem sticking it in one of these editions 😁

My only problem is deciding which of the two premium editions to get! 😬

• Like 4

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that the button for "the Open Request Copy? does not work. When you hit it it takes you to a page and you get an error. "

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

I saw it this morning when I went pick ones ones I wanted from update and figured it would work later but it is still that way so thought I should say something.

Michael

• ★ Administrators ★
11 minutes ago, mgurau said:

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that the button for "the Open Request Copy? does not work. When you hit it it takes you to a page and you get an error. "

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

I saw it this morning when I went pick ones ones I wanted from update and figured it would work later but it is still that way so thought I should say something.

Michael

The GB is currently paused but will go live soon for updates.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Soundwave said:

Damn...still trying to decide between Lenti & Prmium :(

Probably the hardest choice I've had on any of the Group Buys I have been involved in lol

Neil

@Soundwave

Since you like them all why not choose based off what is mostly already in your collection. If your collection is mostly Lenticular then go with the Lenti & if your collection is mostly Premium Fullslips then go with that edition.

Hope that suggestion helps!?

Take Care

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Soundwave

Since you like them all why not choose based off what is mostly already in your collection. If your collection is mostly Lenticular then go with the Lenti & if your collection is mostly Premium Fullslips then go with that edition.

Take Care

This is exactly how I approach premiums as well. I started off with some lentis and now I just always go with the lenti. Toughest choice for me so far has been the Jackie Brown versions. Fell back on the fact that my collection is all lentis to make the decision 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Soundwave

Take Care

Do you know what I hadn't actually considered that idea 🤯

I do have mostly Lenticulars so should go with that.

I have selected the premium at the moment but will look at the possibility of switching to the lenti to keep it all a bit more uniform

Annoying that they make so many nice versions...normally a much easier decision than this 😉 lol

9 minutes ago, Mrdugan said:

This is exactly how I approach premiums as well. I started off with some lentis and now I just always go with the lenti. Toughest choice for me so far has been the Jackie Brown versions. Fell back on the fact that my collection is all lentis to make the decision 

Yeah just something a bit nicer about a lenti, always has a bit more prestige for me

Do wish it was an easier choice but as Akira is one of my favourite animated movies of all time I want to make sure I choose correctly

I think if we knew costs up front for each version I might be able to see if I can afford the OC but better to just edge my bets & not overstretch by getting one version

Nothing worse than going the whole hog & not being able to afford it & then miss out on all the options

Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it 😁

Neil 

• Like 2

Awards

11 minutes ago, Soundwave said:

Do you know what I hadn't actually considered that idea 🤯

I do have mostly Lenticulars so should go with that.

I have selected the premium at the moment but will look at the possibility of switching to the lenti to keep it all a bit more uniform

Annoying that they make so many nice versions...normally a much easier decision than this 😉 lol

Yeah just something a bit nicer about a lenti, always has a bit more prestige for me

Do wish it was an easier choice but as Akira is one of my favourite animated movies of all time I want to make sure I choose correctly

I think if we knew costs up front for each version I might be able to see if I can afford the OC but better to just edge my bets & not overstretch by getting one version

Nothing worse than going the whole hog & not being able to afford it & then miss out on all the options

Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it 😁

Neil 

@Soundwave

You’re right, it is difficult to decide when you’re only getting one. With this release you really can’t go wrong with any of the sets. That’s why you have to make rules for yourself to make the decision easier or just say the hell with it & go with the One Click.

From my experience One Clicks are usually over $200 w/shipping & depending on the design of the box set. Sometimes it can be under & sometimes it’s higher but I usually just assume at least $200 & up. If you are going to ever One Click it, just round up on your budget just to be on the safe side.

• Thanks 1

• extantsrevenge changed the title to Akira (Ive Entertainment / Kimchidvd Collection #016) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Korea]
  • ★ Administrators ★

akira GIF

DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS GROUNDBREAKING ANIME MASTERPIECE! JOIN THE GROUP BUY NOW.

This is an epic movie with some of the best animations ever created. The Story is fantastic and it has everything a great movie needs. The Movie is in the IMDb Top 250. Live Action Movie still planned for 2021 and a new Anime project is also planned.

revenge of the sith episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Support this release and get yourself a single edition or a OC.

Cat Please GIF by swerk

Will be closing soon.

starship troopers im doing my part GIF

excited oh yeah GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...