New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Evening my Friends;  🙂

I have not in fact picked up the Perfect Blue vinyl @Billy Talent but it looks gorgeous so may need to remedy that. 😍

I've been hoping that Tiger labs would also produce more copies of Vampire Hunter D but they have not done so yet.

Eventually I think they will, as usually they release a second run of popular titles and this one went in about a day.

I'm also very happy to read of some of the latest exploits of folks here, be it catching up on series' that are streaming or purchasing some Blus.

I've managed to pick up a few new Blus myself as of late and hope to post some pics soon.

Some are very lovely CE's.  🥰

Very excited about some new eds finally hitting the market, such as Jujitsu Kaisen getting a CE from  AtA.

It's just S-1 Pt-1 but...it's a start.

Link:

https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/jujutsu-kaisen/products/jujutsu-kaisen-season-1-part-1-blu-ray-collectors-edition

Anime On Line (AoL) [also UK]  has it up as well;

Link;

https://www.anime-on-line.com/jujutsu-kaisen/31306-jujutsu-kaisen-part-1-collector-s-edition-15-blu-ray-cd-5037899086759.html

Cheers my friends!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening my Friends;  🙂

I have not in fact picked up the Perfect Blue vinyl @Billy Talent but it looks gorgeous so may need to remedy that. 😍

I've been hoping that Tiger labs would also produce more copies of Vampire Hunter D but they have not done so yet.

Eventually I think they will, as usually they release a second run of popular titles and this one went in about a day.

I'm also very happy to read of some of the latest exploits of folks here, be it catching up on series' that are streaming or purchasing some Blus.

I've managed to pick up a few new Blus myself as of late and hope to post some pics soon.

Some are very lovely CE's.  🥰

Very excited about some new eds finally hitting the market, such as Jujitsu Kaisen getting a CE from  AtA.

It's just S-1 Pt-1 but...it's a start.

Link:

https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/jujutsu-kaisen/products/jujutsu-kaisen-season-1-part-1-blu-ray-collectors-edition

Anime On Line (AoL) [also UK]  has it up as well;

Link;

https://www.anime-on-line.com/jujutsu-kaisen/31306-jujutsu-kaisen-part-1-collector-s-edition-15-blu-ray-cd-5037899086759.html

Cheers my friends!

Wow!!… Looks amazing!!… 😯😯 Love it!!… But I’ll wait for a NA release… 😅😅 We should get one soon too!!… 🤓🤓

Are you getting this one Sensei or waiting too??!!… 🤓

• Like 2

Yeah that set looks pretty snazzy. I’ve just finished watching jujutsu s1 and the movie and I have to admit I found the show a bit of a slog in parts and I can’t even put my finger on why, in a lot of ways it improves on demon slayer (a show it closely resembles). The film though was fantastic and I’m watching it again tomorrow.

Here’s my most recent arrivals anyway-

flip flappers ce - MVM sale purchase, I

liked it overall 

bloom into you- absolutely loved, a yuri that deconstructs the genre.

perfect blue 

silent voice - fnac steelbooks that I’d forgotten i ordered on a gb last year lol.

nozaki kun - not watched yet, another MVM sale item

made in abyss film and series- wtf did I just watch? Holy sh#t never has a cute character design been more misleading.

modoka magica- a deconstruction of the magical girls genre, I’ve watched ep 1-8 so far and absolutely love it. I’ll have to get the film from RS cos it’s oop here.

C65FB5EA-A2B0-4DBC-B911-5CEF0C3376A9.jpeg

0F03C80E-3FF0-45BB-957B-BDBDE0EF6F6D.jpeg

12C3440B-FD47-4A27-AFD0-8E9175EA67A7.jpeg

869DBDE4-7C1D-40EC-A02A-53954A530D72.jpeg

9A1F3B8E-13C9-41D4-B789-8697D014694B.jpeg

F8FF0D4F-F8F8-4FCF-992D-F9ECA3C24671.jpeg

FE017997-0C7F-4FA6-9072-1D03D704D763.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

Yeah that set looks pretty snazzy. I’ve just finished watching jujutsu s1 and the movie and I have to admit I found the show a bit of a slog in parts and I can’t even put my finger on why, in a lot of ways it improves on demon slayer (a show it closely resembles). The film though was fantastic and I’m watching it again tomorrow.

What do you mean by "slog"??... And yeah, to me Jujutsu Kaisen is better than DS... I like it way more... DM is too silly for me sometimes.

I'm going to watch the movie in the theatre this week... Maybe tonight!!... Hahaa... xD

15 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

ere’s my most recent arrivals anyway-

Awesome stuff you got there man!!... Fantastic!!... Congrats!!... 😎^_^

• Like 5

Just now, LeGonze said:

What do you mean by "slog"??... And yeah, to me Jujutsu Kaisen is better than DS... I like it way more... DM is too silly for me sometimes.

I'm going to watch the movie in the theatre this week... Maybe tonight!!... Hahaa... xD

Awesome stuff you got there man!!... Fantastic!!... Congrats!!... 😎^_^

I found it a bit hard to get through at times, it might be because I was binging to much of it at once in time for the film coming out whereas demon slayer I watched at a more leisurely pace. I actually find demon slayer a frustrating show, especially the decision to do mugen train twice,  I suspect a rewatch of both shows will make me see JK more charitably, the film is terrific. I wonder if we’ll see a Blu ray before s1 part 2 comes out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

I found it a bit hard to get through at times, it might be because I was binging to much of it at once in time for the film coming out whereas demon slayer I watched at a more leisurely pace.

Oh ok!!... Got ya!!... Yeah, I watched like 2 eps at a time max...With 3 kids running around that's the most I can watch a show a day... And sometimes I stop a few days cause, you know, life... Hahahaa...

But yeah, to me was a great great show... If I spent 3 days without watching a new ep I got anxious... That never happened to me watching DS... xD

12 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

the film is terrific. I wonder if we’ll see a Blu ray before s1 part 2 comes out.

Oh man!!... Hype in over the sky now!!!... xD Can't wait to watch it!!... :D

jujutsu-kaisen-jujutsu-kaisen0.gif

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Hey Obito!!... What's up??.. 😎

Just saying "Hello!" and making a quick appearance (...disappearance?) 😄 I just discovered this corner of MP an hour ago and I'll be following it going forward. 

I've only skimmed through the last couple of pages, but I'll give the full thread a once over when I have time. So far, I've gathered that I should check out Jujutsu Kaisen eh? 😉

tumblr_n83561.gif

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Diamond said:

Just saying "Hello!" and making a quick appearance (...disappearance?) 😄 I just discovered this corner of MP an hour ago and I'll be following it going forward. 

Welcome budy!!... I find this corner super fun to be honest... ^_^

6 minutes ago, Diamond said:

So far, I've gathered that I should check out Jujutsu Kaisen eh? 😉

Absolutely!!!... Great Show and the Movie (Wich seems to be a Prequel) is on Theatres now!!... xD;)

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Welcome budy!!... I find this corner super fun to be honest... ^_^

Absolutely!!!... Great Show and the Movie (Wich seems to be a Prequel) is on Theatres now!!... xD;)

Thanks! And yep, I peeked at the Jujutsu Kaisen on Wiki, and I'm thinking about watching the prequel first before I jump into the first season. If I gotta wait that's fine, because I'm currently watching...

10dc688c242a08075b769979b44dca57.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As promised… Here you have some Pictures!!… 🤓🤓

One Punch Man LE Season 1.

Super fun series. Can’t stop laughing with Saitama, Genos and Friends… 😅😅🤣🤣

This one comes in a Hardslip with a cut hole on the front… Also come with a plastic sleeve… 6 awesome artcards and a fantastic info book with a manga #1. Great release. Love it!! 😬😬

DA1C4E33-2D9D-439C-B058-402C45E35830.jpeg

B14838B2-22F4-4CED-82CF-1E115CE7F6BF.jpeg

0B6B3E14-A80A-461B-8DFA-30EE314E0920.jpeg

8083E910-7FF0-478F-BC63-DEB160C04E53.jpeg

AAEDA656-CFC9-4BE5-93A4-4646FF565EB0.jpeg

C964197A-DAF2-4111-83F6-5427F9D7FE0C.jpeg

839BCA45-6220-4868-ABC8-9E267C3C37B2.jpeg

D6BC47E2-0272-40C0-87F1-F62498AD675E.jpeg

3EE9F986-BFC2-47BD-B432-F17B366D2876.jpeg

C2F49986-54C1-404F-B0D0-3B56E4708A9F.jpeg

• Like 5

On 3/28/2022 at 11:37 AM, LeGonze said:

Oh man!!... Hype in over the sky now!!!... xD Can't wait to watch it!!... :D

Ok... I definitely coulnd't wait any longer... I went to the Theatre last night and maaaaan!!... What a great time... It was my first Anime Movie in the big screen... It was a fantastic and amazing experience...

The Movie is Great!!... You can actually watch it without having watched any episode as the mevie is a prequel... 

Man... This movie made my anxiety worse about waiting for S3!!!... xDxD

I definitely want S1 and the movie in a beautiful LE!!!... ^_^9_9

f3ccf70088608c06a7698837da63453f9df9bf8b

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LeGonze said:

Ok... I definitely coulnd't wait any longer... I went to the Theatre last night and maaaaan!!... What a great time... It was my first Anime Movie in the big screen... It was a fantastic and amazing experience...

The Movie is Great!!... You can actually watch it without having watched any episode as the mevie is a prequel... 

Man... This movie made my anxiety worse about waiting for S3!!!... xDxD

I definitely want S1 and the movie in a beautiful LE!!!... ^_^9_9

f3ccf70088608c06a7698837da63453f9df9bf8b

It’s great isn’t it? I was impressed how despite being a prequel you didn’t feel guided toward the beginning of the original material like some prequels do, I liked the familiar characters more this time too for some reason.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

It’s great isn’t it? I was impressed how despite being a prequel you didn’t feel guided toward the beginning of the original material like some prequels do, I liked the familiar characters more this time too for some reason.

I absolutely loved it!!... I got way more excited with this one than Mugen Train movie. 

Can't wait to watch all these characters on the anime series!!... I'm super super excited!!... xDxD😁😁

• Like 3

Hey there everyone!  I just wanted to share my new anime arrival.  I know the pictures aren't great... I was struggling with the light reflecting off the scanavo cases plastic.  Either way, here are some pics of my newest anime arrival:

Next up is WCL's Exclusive #44:  Akira.  Thanks to R1s1ngs0n and ksok for managing the GB and Masterblaster for getting it to me safely

Hardbox, Scanavo Case, small booklet, large art booklet.  The smaller booklet appears to be about the voice actors, or maybe the staff of the film, but I am unable to understand the material.  It is a nice booklet with a few really nice shots, but lots of text that I will have to try to figure out how to translate, because I'd like to know what it says.  The art book is really packed full of little bits and pieces and pictures.  It's a really nice edition.

MP_Akira_WCL1.thumb.jpg.bbbeb10082f98b2101db69dc68db714e.jpg

The Scanavo case outside and inside - including the discs.

MP_Akira_WCL2.thumb.jpg.4caf4300ce1db1b837082dd003724b42.jpg

My son's are really starting to get into anime, and so this was a nice grab for me to also get them involved and then gives us all something to go down and watch in our little basement area.  Sounds like a win to me...

Thanks for looking everyone!

AndroiDad75🤖

• Like 7

23 hours ago, AndroiDad75 said:

Oh and I am about 10 episodes into Neon Genesis Evangelion and really enjoying it so far.  I can only do an episode or two at a time as you can't really watch it as background noise, so it will take me a few days to finish it.  I really am enjoying it though...

Great!!!... What a classic... Enjoy it buddy!!... ^_^

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Anime reception…

WEA Steelbooks!!…

Your Name and Weathering With You.

By the way, I'm a little underwhelmed/disappointed by the fullslips... They're just plain... Some spot gloss on the titles but thats all... Nothing else at all... Also basically no goodies... I'm actually thinking about getting the Collectors Edition of these 2 in 4K and keep these sealed.

2AA744AB-492B-4C92-BFD3-602B83313E6A.jpeg

56E76848-0AF3-4A77-9CF9-9CF19A0DF417.jpeg

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Anime reception…

WEA Steelbooks!!…

Your Name and Weathering With You.

By the way, I'm a little underwhelmed/disappointed by the fullslips... They're just plain... Some spot gloss on the titles but thats all... Nothing else at all... Also basically no goodies... I'm actually thinking about getting the Collectors Edition of these 2 in 4K and keep these sealed.

2AA744AB-492B-4C92-BFD3-602B83313E6A.jpeg

56E76848-0AF3-4A77-9CF9-9CF19A0DF417.jpeg

Hey @LeGonze, they look good man!  I also ordered these two and I think they may have come in and are sitting in a box for me to unpack.  That's a little disappointing about the lack of goodies, etc... 

I am excited to see these though!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1