IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

16 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

So @extantsrevenge, if I use Demon Slayer as an example.. Here's what I found using that site:

image.png.3fe2860d9d0af35e4d363f977e784a0c.png

So does that mean the order of viewing is to watch the whole series first and then the movie?  I thought my son said something like the movie kind of takes place during one of the seasons....  So would I not want to watch the movie at some point during that season before moving on to the next?  Although, I am totally open to the fact that I may have misunderstood what he was trying to tell me too.... 🤣🤣🤣🤣

What he means is, the film takes place in between season one and two, but then ufotable rather cynically turned the films mugen train story arc into an extended seven episode arc that now forms the beginning of season two. You could therefore skip the movie altogether and just watch the extended version, I think funimation lists season two and the mugen train arc separately though. The correct viewing order is 

season one
Movie

Season two - mugen train arc

entertainment district arc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

What he means is, the film takes place in between season one and two, but then ufotable rather cynically turned the films mugen train story arc into an extended seven episode arc that now forms the beginning of season two. You could therefore skip the movie altogether and just watch the extended version, I think funimation lists season two and the mugen train arc separately though. The correct viewing order is 

season one
Movie

Season two - mugen train arc

entertainment district arc

But how do you know that from the site?  Or do you not know that from what I posted and you get that through doing a google search of just "what order to watch...."x" in?"

Thanks for the info by the way!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

But how do you know that from the site?  Or do you not know that from what I posted and you get that through doing a google search of just "what order to watch...."x" in?"

Thanks for the info by the way!!!

Yeah there was some confusion about this because of the way ufotable communicated it (or didn’t), I was always under the impression that the mugen train arc was separate from season 2 but it turns out it’s the first arc of the season. Most shows aren’t this complicated lol. (Apart from the Fate series, hoo boy).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/27/2022 at 8:17 PM, Squeegie McGee said:

So I got a new toy to enjoy watching my anime and reading manga and was able to catch up to one anime's current episode after they released the second cour of season 1. I've seen the first cour and after the first episode, it got me dialed in. 

If you haven't watched 86, I  HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!   The anime is pretty freakin good! 

The animation is top notch and the music gets you in the feels.

Awesome!!... This one is actually on my watchlist on Crunchyroll... Still going with Jujutsu Kaisen and then "To Your Eternity" (I've heard great thing about this one) and I might go 86 then... 😎

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Awesome!!... This one is actually on my watchlist on Crunchyroll... Still going with Jujutsu Kaisen and then "To Your Eternity" (I've heard great thing about this one) and I might go 86 then... 😎

There's still 2 episodes of 86 first season second cour to be released this month due to production delays. This franchise is 🔥 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guys!!... I finished Jujutsu Kaisen this past weekend and wow... 24 Eps that feel like 3... Great Anime!!... Super Fun and Interesting!!... Can't wait to have a Limited Edition of this... I've read that VIZ has the rights of it... But also read that Funimation maybe doing something now that Crunchyroll and Funimation fusioned... Anyways, super fun, I loved it!!... Can't wait for Jujutsu Kaisen 0 Movie!!!... 😎😎

BoldLividDwarfmongoose-max-1mb.gif

Also, I started To Your Eternity right after JK... Ep1 was great... Shocking great... I'm enjoying it so far... ^_^^_^

to-your-eternity.gif

Wish you all a great week!!... ;);)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Guys!!... I finished Jujutsu Kaisen this past weekend and wow... 24 Eps that feel like 3... Great Anime!!... Super Fun and Interesting!!... Can't wait to have a Limited Edition of this... I've read that VIZ has the rights of it... But also read that Funimation maybe doing something now that Crunchyroll and Funimation fusioned... Anyways, super fun, I loved it!!... Can't wait for Jujutsu Kaisen 0 Movie!!!... 😎😎

BoldLividDwarfmongoose-max-1mb.gif

Also, I started To Your Eternity right after JK... Ep1 was great... Shocking great... I'm enjoying it so far... ^_^^_^

to-your-eternity.gif

Wish you all a great week!!... ;);)

I watched akira last night in Dolby vision and was very impressed with the picture quality, I can’t do a direct comparison with the other 4k version cos I sold my Korean steel book a few weeks back but this version seems to look a lot more filmic with less artificial sharpening, anyway it’s the best the film has ever looked. Have you had a chance to watch it yet?

I keep seeing a lot of excitement about the jujutsu kaisen movie so I’ll give the season a watch along with to your eternity which I’ve also heard great things about. It’s adapted from a manga from the author of a silent voice isn’t it? That’s a good a reason to watch it as any.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

I watched akira last night in Dolby vision and was very impressed with the picture quality, I can’t do a direct comparison with the other 4k version cos I sold my Korean steel book a few weeks back but this version seems to look a lot more filmic with less artificial sharpening, anyway it’s the best the film has ever looked. Have you had a chance to watch it yet?

You're talking about the WCL transfer right??... I haven't watched it but I'm super super excited!!... :x

7 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

I keep seeing a lot of excitement about the jujutsu kaisen movie so I’ll give the season a watch along with to your eternity which I’ve also heard great things about. It’s adapted from a manga from the author of a silent voice isn’t it? That’s a good a reason to watch it as any.

Yeah... JK is pure fun!! 😎

To be honest, I'm not really sure about the author of TYE... Hahaa... I just read some good reviews about it and wanted to give it a shot... xDxD

• Like 2

Hey guys!!... Hope you're doing great!!...

Just an update... I'm in Ep5 of To Your Eternity and it's getting boring... It's a shame as it's started pretty good but then it got super slow... I think I'm gonna drop it and start with 86-Eigthy Six... xD

Also wanted to give you a headsup... Sentai is having a sale this weekend!!...

Akame Ga Kill is still available and at the lowest price I've ever seen $39.00... I bought waaaay higher than that I think but it's definitely worth it... The SB is beautiful... :x:x

Go and check out all their sale items!!... ^_^

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/

Happy buying weekend!!... :D;)

• Thanks 3

@Grendel I know you collect vinyl records and so do I, but have you seen what they are planning to release on  vinyl? 

Perfect blue soundtrack!! Pre order in April! 

I'm instacopping this! 

I know this isnt bluray related but since this is the most active anime thread and I dont know which one of you collect vinyl records might as well post it here.

This is incredible news that I had to share to all fans of this amazing movie!

RDT_20220318_1608151139419778599232825.thumb.jpg.466c875042cb299cd21bec44531ce5e9.jpg

It will match the bluray box set perfectly!

pb-09.thumb.jpg.7ce737a363c9945013e81c6f8a2fd201.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Billy Talent said:

@Grendel I know you collect vinyl records and so do I, but have you seen what they are planning to release on  vinyl? 

Perfect blue soundtrack!! Pre order in April! 

I'm instacopping this! 

I know this isnt bluray related but since this is the most active anime thread and I dont know which one of you collect vinyl records might as well post it here.

This is incredible news that I had to share to all fans of this amazing movie!

RDT_20220318_1608151139419778599232825.thumb.jpg.466c875042cb299cd21bec44531ce5e9.jpg

It will match the bluray box set perfectly!

pb-09.thumb.jpg.7ce737a363c9945013e81c6f8a2fd201.jpg

I wasn't the biggest fan of this movie but I absolutely love the artwork on this!

• Like 4

Awards

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!! Hope you’re doing great!!

Just wanted to share with you… I was going to start “86” but remembered that I got One Punch LEs and went that road. Wow I finished that series in a blink!!… Haha… 😅😅

What a super fun series!!! Hahaa… Great animation, great fights, great characters and ton of laughs… LOVED IT!!… Can’t wait for season 3!!… 😬😬😬

I’ll share some pocs of the LE this week by the way!!… 😅😅🤓

image.gif.e4db5abcbeb21387532e8b804eec7746.gif

• Like 9

5 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Hey guys!! Hope you’re doing great!!

Just wanted to share with you… I was going to start “86” but remembered that I got One Punch LEs and went that road. Wow I finished that series in a blink!!… Haha… 😅😅

What a super fun series!!! Hahaa… Great animation, great fights, great characters and ton of laughs… LOVED IT!!… Can’t wait for season 3!!… 😬😬😬

I’ll share some pocs of the LE this week by the way!!… 😅😅🤓

image.gif.e4db5abcbeb21387532e8b804eec7746.gif

Now it's time you get into some 86 action

eighty-six-eighty-six-anime.gif.84a0dd2e9418d3768e1e690f3da6a827.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1