IGNORED

SECRET SANTA 2023

Gary K

Been busy over the holidays so I havent really had the chance to post but better late than never, aye? Thanks a lot to my brilliant not-so-secret santa @Sepp. Really smashed it out the park with not only the diversity of his picks but also with getting me so many films that I did not own yet (which is not an easy feat haha). 

PXL_20231230_133233842.MP.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Awards

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A phase stuck out to me during my conversation with Santa this year. Something Santa said that planted a seed of excitement in my head. Santa expressed to me that they had some “Good Stuff” for me this year. When I read “Good Stuff” the hype for this year’s event began. I pondered the possibilities of what the “Good Stuff” could be, & when I finally had the chance to relax, & enjoy the process of opening my presents the conclusion was clear. Santa delivered on their word, & indeed sent me some “Good Stuff”!

My first gift opened was two large reusable tote bags, but not just any tote bags. These tote bags are DragonBall bags, & this is important, because the DragonBall franchise was my introduction into anime so this franchise holds a place in my consciousness of importance.

First Bag Image 

KS0i7z5.jpg

Back of bag

sCZvLsO.jpg

Second Bag Image

hW93f5X.jpg

Out of excitement for how big the bags are I took size comparison pictures with other tote bags I already owned. 

lLBdqD0.jpg

MQGx45a.jpg

What’s also cool about these bags being DragonBall related is that I had literally a day before opening the gift bought the recent DragonBall movie on steelbook that matches with both bags! So after opening the gifts I was really feeling the Kenergy” of it all.

85CYRte.jpg

I was pretty happy with my tote bags, but there was one more box, & this box was filled with multiple wrapped boxes!

CVYP5yz.jpg

3 Luggage Tags, X-Men, Superman, Captain America! I’m a 90’s X-Men kid, Superman is one of my favorite characters, & I’m Team Cap all day! F*ck Tony Stark! (I’m just kidding, Ironman is cool sometimes 🙄)

JN4ZP2B.jpg

Hallmark Collectable Christmas Ornament of Neo from The Matrix Reloaded. This is special, because experiencing The Matrix in the movie theater is the first time I was truly blown away about a movie. That expression “The Magic of the Movies”, or how people explain their first time watching Star Wars. Those thoughts, & feelings is what I have for The Matrix.

ooxrreG.jpg

Chocolate Darth Vader Helmet is currently in Chocolate Heaven. It’s been popping up lately as a floating head force ghost sharing with me wisdoms of the dark side. To be determined if this is a good or bad thing 🙂

izopcnR.jpg

Captain America tumblr! Like I said earlier Team Cap all day! To hell with Stark.

ukCOZt2.jpg

Captain America, & The Black Panther post card sets that are housed in carrying cases that look like hardcover books.

Front 

EGT5cxJ.jpg

Back

srliKlc.jpg

Inside the cases

0EPtkaC.jpg

Panther post cards

5Q6PiTc.jpg

Captain post cards

D0F5fPj.jpg

Lastly Santa sent me a steelbook! How did he know I didn’t already own this steelbook? Incredible!

vxIvN38.jpg

Yep as you all can see my Secret Santa @deckard99 lived up to the excitement! Thank you Ken I really appreciate your efforts, & these gifts will be enjoyed for years to come. Except the chocolate, the chocolate now lives rent free in my head 😂.

OIzQUoK.jpg
X2wDsVr.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Hollywood E Rock:

A phase stuck out to me during my conversation with Santa this year. Something Santa said that planted a seed of excitement in my head. Santa expressed to me that they had some “Good Stuff” for me this year. When I read “Good Stuff” the hype for this year’s event began. I pondered the possibilities of what the “Good Stuff” could be, & when I finally had the chance to relax, & enjoy the process of opening my presents the conclusion was clear. Santa delivered on their word, & indeed sent me some “Good Stuff”!

My first gift opened was two large reusable tote bags, but not just any tote bags. These tote bags are DragonBall bags, & this is important, because the DragonBall franchise was my introduction into anime so this franchise holds a place in my consciousness of importance.

First Bag Image 

KS0i7z5.jpg

Back of bag

sCZvLsO.jpg

Second Bag Image

hW93f5X.jpg

Out of excitement for how big the bags are I took size comparison pictures with other tote bags I already owned. 

lLBdqD0.jpg

MQGx45a.jpg

What’s also cool about these bags being DragonBall related is that I had literally a day before opening the gift bought the recent DragonBall movie on steelbook that matches with both bags! So after opening the gifts I was really feeling the Kenergy” of it all.

85CYRte.jpg

I was pretty happy with my tote bags, but there was one more box, & this box was filled with multiple wrapped boxes!

CVYP5yz.jpg

3 Luggage Tags, X-Men, Superman, Captain America! I’m a 90’s X-Men kid, Superman is one of my favorite characters, & I’m Team Cap all day! F*ck Tony Stark! (I’m just kidding, Ironman is cool sometimes 🙄)

JN4ZP2B.jpg

Hallmark Collectable Christmas Ornament of Neo from The Matrix Reloaded. This is special, because experiencing The Matrix in the movie theater is the first time I was truly blown away about a movie. That expression “The Magic of the Movies”, or how people explain their first time watching Star Wars. Those thoughts, & feelings is what I have for The Matrix.

ooxrreG.jpg

Chocolate Darth Vader Helmet is currently in Chocolate Heaven. It’s been popping up lately as a floating head force ghost sharing with me wisdoms of the dark side. To be determined if this is a good or bad thing 🙂

izopcnR.jpg

Captain America tumblr! Like I said earlier Team Cap all day! To hell with Stark.

ukCOZt2.jpg

Captain America, & The Black Panther post card sets that are housed in carrying cases that look like hardcover books.

Front 

EGT5cxJ.jpg

Back

srliKlc.jpg

Inside the cases

0EPtkaC.jpg

Panther post cards

5Q6PiTc.jpg

Captain post cards

D0F5fPj.jpg

Lastly Santa sent me a steelbook! How did he know I didn’t already own this steelbook? Incredible!

vxIvN38.jpg

Yep as you all can see my Secret Santa @deckard99 lived up to the excitement! Thank you Ken I really appreciate your efforts, & these gifts will be enjoyed for years to come. Except the chocolate, the chocolate now lives rent free in my head 😂.

OIzQUoK.jpg
X2wDsVr.png

Shock Wow GIF by ConEquip Parts  😃🙂😄  I Like Bingo GIF by WNBA  🤩

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

First Bag Image 

KS0i7z5.jpg

Back of bag

sCZvLsO.jpg

Second Bag Image

hW93f5X.jpg

lLBdqD0.jpg

MQGx45a.jpg

85CYRte.jpg

CVYP5yz.jpg

JN4ZP2B.jpg

ooxrreG.jpg

izopcnR.jpg

ukCOZt2.jpg

Front 

EGT5cxJ.jpg

Back

srliKlc.jpg

Inside the cases

0EPtkaC.jpg

Panther post cards

5Q6PiTc.jpg

Captain post cards

D0F5fPj.jpg

vxIvN38.jpg

OIzQUoK.jpg
X2wDsVr.png

Edward my friend the good stuff related to your own hair with the bag all you need do is get 1 pot of hair gel and I mean a huge pot of hair gel and with a violent hairdryer and brush and your there 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And I'm with you Vader would got scoffed too 🤣🤣🤣

Oh and your answer for nils is the following 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Grumpy Cat No GIF by Internet Cat Video Festival

Basil 🤣🤣🤣

@deckard99 ken you have done edward proud 👍👍👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/27/2023 at 5:53 PM, Steelbook Indy said:

Big thanks to @capricornio34232  these gifts from my Secret Santa demonstrated a tenacity of getting to the root of me.  Thank you dearly, Jorge!  Also, your brother’s original art is stunning!!IMG_6227.thumb.jpeg.391982e23ce808918097d6e6a7fd9eca.jpeg

I’m glad that you liked the selection, was not an easy task; wishing you happy holidays and a new year full of happiness, health and prosperity. Enjoy the books and the movies. Yes, those original art works are special, I’m glad that you liked them! 

Edited by capricornio34232
  • Like 12

17 minutes ago, capricornio34232 said:

I’m glad the you like it, wishing you happy holidays and a new year full of happiness, health and prosperity. Enjoy the books and the movies. Yes, those original art works are special, I’m glad that you liked them! 

That's a fantastic set of goodies @Steelbook Indy!  I see the grail diary, but what's the Indy box on the top left?

• Like 10

I finally received the shipment of my Secret Santa; (unfortunately, it seems that customs liked the gifts and decided to open them and enjoy them for Christmas)😠

At least it looks like they arrived in perfect condition.

Thank you very much @Veum for all the details, I love them🤩. I have quite a few hours of viewing ahead of me enjoying everything while I finish off all those candies😋

Thanks to MP for making it possible for another year, happy new year!

20240104_165436.thumb.jpg.070a41111422043630a3138c4718f3c4.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Noir21 said:

I finally received the shipment of my Secret Santa; (unfortunately, it seems that customs liked the gifts and decided to open them and enjoy them for Christmas)😠

At least it looks like they arrived in perfect condition.

Thank you very much @Veum for all the details, I love them🤩. I have quite a few hours of viewing ahead of me enjoying everything while I finish off all those candies😋

Thanks to MP for making it possible for another year, happy new year!

20240104_165436.thumb.jpg.070a41111422043630a3138c4718f3c4.jpg

Your welcome my friend @Noir21 Jaime, it is a relief that Spain’s customs finally decided to let go of your package and did not lose your presents my friend, I hope you’ll enjoy them finally❣️:)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

:) 🤠 🎅 Thank you so much to my Secret Santa @Noir21 Jaime for the fantastic presents which I love❣️

Really was surprised about that FAC Doctor Strange lenti which is amazing and will enjoy the Guardians 4K (when I finally get our 4K TV 😏) and one of my wife's fav series 1923!! 🙌 🙋‍♂️

20240104_191959.thumb.jpg.a431529226668350c1bac4ccf6ad02df.jpg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for the delay on my post. I SWEEAARRR I was good this year and Santa knew. I was just being selfish and keeping the goodies to myself.

Thank you @Jigsaw for these extraordinary gifts! Santa truly delivered this year! Hope everyone had an amazing holiday and got everything they wanted!

Not pictured: Warhead Candy Cane (consumed), a lovely box of sour punch straw candies (also consumed), Christmas card (not consumed, but hanging on my fridge)

IMG_1677.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Awards