IGNORED

Memories of Murder (Injoingan Exclusive) (4K UHD/2D WEA Steelbook) [Korea]

R1s1ngs0n

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steel front artwork is the same as CJ Entertainment's Korean bluray. The slip is reminiscent of the Criterion release.

Overall, it's a considerably less eye-catching edition than Parasite but still a must-have for me. I just hope they are not using the green-tinted, director-approved transfer Criterion used for their release.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, C.C. 95 said:

Who is INJOINGAN?

Are they new?

wonder if it will have English subs

The same company produced a “The Wailing” release (probably my favorite horror movie of all time, that movie was WOW). That release has English subtitles, so I can safely trust this will as well. 

This was also an immediate order from me and I’m ecstatic that this is finally receiving a Steelbook!

Update: using my iPhone’s translator, the very last line on each disc reads, “Subtitles: Korean, English”

Edited by Deity_Elysian
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 7

5 hours ago, C.C. 95 said:

Who is INJOINGAN?

Are they new?

wonder if it will have English subs

I have their Parasite white Fullslip which is very nice and the steel itself, while at first didn’t seem all that appealing in the BS, is in fact a real beauty in hand.

I wish they had done a second slip for this title as there is available artwork to choose from, but that’s really a minor quibble.

it’s probably not gonna be a showstopper in my collection, but I’m still very happy this masterpiece is getting a proper release.

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Deity_Elysian said:

The same company produced a “The Wailing” release (probably my favorite horror movie of all time, that movie was WOW). That release has English subtitles, so I can safely trust this will as well. 

This was also an immediate order from me and I’m ecstatic that this is finally receiving a Steelbook!

Update: using my iPhone’s translator, the very last line on each disc reads, “Subtitles: Korean, English”

i have all three of those! Wow- for some reason I just assumed it was either Nova (I guess I wasn't paying attention)

3 hours ago, ethnosax said:

Injoingan did the recent steelbook release of Minari, which is the worst lenticular slip I've ever seen. This slip doesn't look very exciting either, so I'll probably pass.

Huh. The Lenti for The Wailing was killer. I wonder what happened on Minari.

• Like 2

Awards

Have to jump on this - I own the wailing, the one with the spelling mistake saying Ditrector or something like that instead of director. Anyway, brilliant release, shame about the glue on the card.

But I'm sure the Parasite one someone else mentioned was Plain Archive.

Anyway, jumping on this, need more solid Korean films as premiums.

Hoping for:

Thirst

Tale of Two Sisters

Vengeance Trilogy

Mother

The Gangster the Cop the Devil

Burning

JSA (missed Nova's release)

Another version of I Saw the Devil (got Plain Archives)

Another version of the Handmaiden (got Plain Archives)

And of course, all the Vengeance Trilogy

• Like 3

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
38 minutes ago, Garypool said:

How bizarre, Plain Archive had the exact same artworks in that case?

https://plainarchive.com/collections/steelbook/products/the-handmaiden-steelbook-with-full-slip-type-a

They assisted Injoingan with the production, so they received some copies to sell on their site.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Garypool said:

Have to jump on this - I own the wailing, the one with the spelling mistake saying Ditrector or something like that instead of director. Anyway, brilliant release, shame about the glue on the card.

But I'm sure the Parasite one someone else mentioned was Plain Archive.

Anyway, jumping on this, need more solid Korean films as premiums.

Hoping for:

Thirst

Tale of Two Sisters

Vengeance Trilogy

Mother

The Gangster the Cop the Devil

Burning

JSA (missed Nova's release)

Another version of I Saw the Devil (got Plain Archives)

Another version of the Handmaiden (got Plain Archives)

And of course, all the Vengeance Trilogy

How about a killer edition of THE HOST?!

The earlier steelbook was cool- but it should have a premium.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
8 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

I need to rewatch that one. 
Saw it in the theater with the wife when it came out and it left both of us indifferent, which was especially disappointing, considering how much we loved Bong’s previous effort.

I had so much fun with it.  A well done monster movie with a strong message.

• Like 5

Just now, Gary K said:

I had so much fun with it.  A well done monster movie with a strong message.

That's the thing... neither of us are fans of monster movies so we may have unconsciously approached it with bias, which prevented us from fully appreciating all this movie had to offer. 

Need a fresh take on it, as Bong is definitely one of the few active filmmakers that deserve to be revisited.

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★
Just now, R1s1ngs0n said:

That's the thing... neither of us are fans of monster movies so we may have unconsciously approached it with bias, which prevented us from fully appreciating all this movie had to offer. 

Need a fresh take on it, as Bong is definitely one of the few active filmmakers that deserve to be revisited.

Are you a fan of the original Ishiro Honda Godzilla?  

many/most monster movies are silly fun, but the occasional few transcend the limitations of the genre and become something special.   

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Are you a fan of the original Ishiro Honda Godzilla?  

many/most monster movies are silly fun, but the occasional few transcend the limitations of the genre and become something special.   

Never seen any Godzilla movie and the only King Kong movie I saw was the 2005 version with Jack Black 😅

That already tells you how much of a fan I am of this genre.

• Like 3