• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

Very nice editions @tgdixonjr

studio ghibli blink GIF

Like @Grendel mentioned (🙏) you forgot a little detail, as this will be your first award and we have christmas I will allow it this time. Please don't forget on your next award submission.

eva-evangelion.gif

award_received_otaku_collector_hyperspac

Merry Christmas

anime-christmas-6.gif?w=746&h=322&ssl=1

• Like 2

Good Evening My Dear Friends;  😀

First off, a very wonderful Happy New Year! to each and every one of you!  🥳

So, although I sadly placed last in my tier ranking at the home-schooled "pic taking for Morons" seminar where I think I was beat by a pre-schooler using an etch-a-sketch, I somehow managed to at least take the lens cap off before clicking and hopefully, one or two of the titles are visible.

With that totally superfluous preamble out of the way, I wish to present for your consideration @extantsrevenge my friend, this heartfelt submission for the prestigious;

Anime Collection: Otaku Collector Award⛩️

I wished to await the arrival of my NGE UE set before submission and thankfully, it did not take as long as anticipated.

It also arrived in pristine condition, I'm ecstatic to announce! 🥳

So without further babble, I submit the following, all of which hold a significant place in my heart;

- Ghost In The Shell; IVE Ent, Premium ed (via Kimchi)

- Legend Of The Galactic Heroes; Sentai, Ultimate Ed

- Akira; IVE Ent, 1-Click Limited Ed (via Kimchi)

- Berserk (1998); MVM, SteelBook

- Cowboy Bebop; Sunrise, Collector's Ed

- Neon Genesis Evangelion; AtA Ultimate Ed.

- Fullmetal Alchemist; Brotherhood; Aniplex Limited Ed.

- Gurren Lagann; Aniplex Limited Ed.

- Elfen Lied; Sentai SteelBook

- Puella Magi Modoka Magica (Series); Aniplex Limited Ed.

- Hellsing; Ultimate: WeET Collector's Limited Ed.

- Vampire Hunter D (1985); Sony, SteelBook

🥰

Big Guns 2022  MP.JPG

Hopefully, this mixed dozen of some of my fave shows of all time prove sufficient, my friend. 😉

My very best wishes to all our dear Anime Collectors and please, should you have opportunity to gain even more wonderful Anime treasures, we would love to see them in the Anime Sub-Forum!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 6

• ★ Administrators ★

elfenlied-lucy.gif

look at that new wonderful submissions 😍

@BlackWidow81

award_received_otaku_collector_ice_explo

nice to see Saber Rider here 👍

tumblr_pmxdsbpULu1xch6xgo1_400.gifv

yang-wenli-legend-of-galactic-heroes.gif

Hi @Grendel 😍, special thanks for also showing your LotGH Set. Very nice selection of shows included.

guts-berserk.gif

Very happy to give you the Otaku Collector Award.

award_received_otaku_collector_dragonfir

114121.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

hace 2 horas, Grendel dijo:

Good Evening My Dear Friends;  😀

First off, a very wonderful Happy New Year! to each and every one of you!  🥳

So, although I sadly placed last in my tier ranking at the home-schooled "pic taking for Morons" seminar where I think I was beat by a pre-schooler using an etch-a-sketch, I somehow managed to at least take the lens cap off before clicking and hopefully, one or two of the titles are visible.

With that totally superfluous preamble out of the way, I wish to present for your consideration @extantsrevenge my friend, this heartfelt submission for the prestigious;

Anime Collection: Otaku Collector Award⛩️

I wished to await the arrival of my NGE UE set before submission and thankfully, it did not take as long as anticipated.

It also arrived in pristine condition, I'm ecstatic to announce! 🥳

So without further babble, I submit the following, all of which hold a significant place in my heart;

- Ghost In The Shell; IVE Ent, Premium ed (via Kimchi)

- Legend Of The Galactic Heroes; Sentai, Ultimate Ed

- Akira; IVE Ent, 1-Click Limited Ed (via Kimchi)

- Berserk (1998); MVM, SteelBook

- Cowboy Bebop; Sunrise, Collector's Ed

- Neon Genesis Evangelion; AtA Ultimate Ed.

- Fullmetal Alchemist; Brotherhood; Aniplex Limited Ed.

- Gurren Lagann; Aniplex Limited Ed.

- Elfen Lied; Sentai SteelBook

- Puella Magi Modoka Magica (Series); Aniplex Limited Ed.

- Hellsing; Ultimate: WeET Collector's Limited Ed.

- Vampire Hunter D (1985); Sony, SteelBook

🥰

Big Guns 2022  MP.JPG

Hopefully, this mixed dozen of some of my fave shows of all time prove sufficient, my friend. 😉

My very best wishes to all our dear Anime Collectors and please, should you have opportunity to gain even more wonderful Anime treasures, we would love to see them in the Anime Sub-Forum!

Wow that nge ultimate edition is huge, I had no idea it was that large. Love those full metal alchemist brotherhood sets too, they’re on my aoa wish list along with fate zero. I do hope Sentai release a standard/collectors edition of galactic heroes, I keep meaning to start it on HIDIVE. Also, is that vampire Hunter d steelbook the first or second movie?

• Like 3

Good Afternoon @Mattrivers95😀

Indeed, the NGE UE set is a beast! I believe @extantsrevenge provided some shots of the contents in our Anime Thread but I can put some in there as well, since I need to take some update pics of my recent treasures anyway...heh.

The FMA:B sets, are quite lovely indeed as well and do strong justice to the show.

If they ever give a low stock warning for them at RightStuf, jump on 'em, as I don't foresee more being produced (though, ya never know).

The Vamp D Steel is in fact the 1985 original show. "Bloodlust" came out in 2000 and there was a lovely CE for it at both AtA and Anime-Online (both UK).

I believe there's also a cool looking NA release as well, I'd have to look again (no Steel for it yet, though).

There's a huge audience hoping for a standard release for LotGH. Alas, I don't foresee it coming in the near future but there's always hope of course.

If you get a chance to watch it streaming, TAKE IT, as it's one of the greatest Anime ever produced.

Cheers my friend! 😀

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A lovely collection indeed @romeroland, 🤩

I'm very pleased to see some wonderful classics in the mix!

I do note though my friend, that I don't see many shows from say, the past couple of years (except for MHA and the film Your Name)

I do hope you haven't lost enthusiasm for the art form, as there are some really incredible shows as of late.

If you dropped by our Anime Sub-forum Buddy, you may be spurred into at least taking a look at some of the more recent shows.

Please don't take this as a slight on your wonderful presentation, I only hope to entice you to seek more recent fare, my friend! 😍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

giphy.gif

oh @MoneySniper you only have 4 different Anime, need 5. Can't count games or manga.

you-can-do-it-push.gif

You can do it.

Oh I was under the impression that the Final Fantasy XV steelbook (top right) would of counted as it also features the Kingsglaive movie. image.thumb.jpeg.9cebd0c60d4247e97234e4ae0a114deb.jpeg

Also remember this post from the previous page.

On 12/18/2021 at 7:28 AM, extantsrevenge said:

Good question, I see Final Fantasy more as game connected, but these are made in Japan and are also included on all anime websites and more and more Animation is CGI now (sadly), so I think they count. Like I said lots of different styles to be found in Anime.

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★

@MoneySniper did not know that the SB had an Anime included

anime-approve.gif

Congratulations

lightning-farron-lightning-ff13.gif

By the way Lighning is my favorite Final Fantasy Character. But I only played excessively 8 and 13 + 13-2, I still have Lightning Returns lying around, somehow I have not played the last few years 😅

• Like 4

4 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

@MoneySniper did not know that the SB had an Anime included

anime-approve.gif

Congratulations

lightning-farron-lightning-ff13.gif

By the way Lighning is my favorite Final Fantasy Character. But I only played excessively 8 and 13 + 13-2, I still have Lightning Returns lying around, somehow I have not played the last few years 😅

Yep Lightning is probably my favourite character also in the Final Fantasy universe also. 13 & 13-2 were decent game I thought, the cinematics I thought were beautiful and still hold up with the games that are released today. I've actually never played Final Fantasy 8 or any of the earlier ones either just due to the graphics being quite bad lol. However if they completely remake them as they did with the Final Fantasy 7 Remake I'd definitely check them out. Square Enix is probably my favourite game developer.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...