IGNORED

Media Psychos: Anime Collection Award

• ★ Administrators ★

Welcome Media Psychos Members!

It is time for a new award people! This time we would like to introduce something that is very dear to my heart the Anime Collection award!

studio ghibli smile GIF

I actually wanted to introduce this a long time ago and had @Trianna design the award. Somehow the launch got always delayed. Anyway for me and some others here in the community (and millions worldwide) Anime (Japanese animation) is an important part of the entertainment and collection part of our lives. With Anime or the Japanese comic form Manga you get an unlimited amount of different stories and styles. It is a treasure trove of awesomeness that many are missing out on, because they don't want to give it a try.

Anime or Manga offer stories for every age and every genre and have given us some of the greatest movies & series ever made (at least in my opinion).

So it gives me great pleasure to give to you the Anime Collection Award (which will come in several stages).

136415.gif

The First Stage is called: Otaku Collector and the stunning looking award was designed by @Trianna 😘

Anime Otaku.png

as I'm such an admirer of the great Hayao Miyazaki I wanted that one of his creation adorns the first award. Cute looking Totoro from "My Neighbor Totoro" the best children movie ever made.

To receive the Anime Collection: Otaku Collector award members need to follow our simple rules.

You have to make and show us pictures of at least 5 different Anime Movies and/or Series. The amount is extra low for this 1st Stage, so that many Psychos can participate. Series have to show complete Seasons or Series to count.

Every type of packaging is allowed! Steelbooks, Digipacks, Premiums, Amaray, Sets, even DVD or VHS if you have them.

The pictures have to include your Media Psychos member card or other Media Psychos stuff, it can be a simple piece of paper on which you write your member name @ mediapsychos.com (for example). It really doesn't take that much time to add something like that and makes the pictures even more exciting for the community.

Also it would be awesome if your pictures show the items from the front (as that would be really cool for other members to see, than only a couple of spines), but it is not a condition to get the Award, but would be nice 😃

tumblr_mlksj4OidN1s6kmuwo1_500.gif

A special thanks goes to @raylight who created all the New Award and Award Received gifs you will see in this Topic and other topics. Also thanks to @Grendel who approached me a long time ago about this award and is also one of the driving forces behind our Anime section.

Here you will find a list for all our SPECIAL COLLECTION AWARDS that members can collect. More Awards to come in the future!

We hope many of you participate. And don't forget to show your appreciation for all the great pictures posted here and give them some likes 👍

And don't forget to check out or Anime section here!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

Thank you for participating in our Anime Collection award and for sharing your beautiful editions/collections with us. It is very refreshing to see some Anime fans among our members.

card-captor-sakura-heart-eyes.gif

You all @extantsrevenge @Squeegie McGee @hal56 @ethnosax @cypheria078 @Veum @Jiggy Higgins @Mattrivers95 @Trianna @tgdixonjr @AndroiDad75 @BlackWidow81 @Grendel @romeroland @MoneySniper @Freeformfreakout @Mrdugan @Gary K @DarthG1 @Mithrandir2320 @Siwa @JojoFrance76 @Rambo @Chief_lookout @nathan_s82 @Billy Talent @ncraft @Gentleman @daetilus @jwhitm3 @CAYENNE-FAHRER @Wail @Emil @POLynch @LeadFarmer have received the Otaku Collector Award.

I'm raising my glass to you all

sefOExMnsDEhRAOFE2OLRfRw-X5yTWsrWkFiUf6z

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

• ★ Administrators ★

Here is my submission for the Otaku Collector. I actually made these pictures over a year ago, when I originally wanted to introduce this award 😅.

1st the greatest Series of ALL TIME! Legend of the Galactic Heroes. My Blu-ray Set and my CD Boxsets (😍)

1931044148_MPOtakuCollector1.thumb.JPG.5224573320d9be1ee8aa52300206afe3.JPG418270763_MPOtakuCollector2.thumb.JPG.e837c3ba810e499d224b8cb32266dc6f.JPG

2nd: My Japanese Hayao Miyazaki Boxset with all his movies + CD Box. Must view for everyone.

736254865_MPOtakuCollector3.thumb.JPG.aa3aa43b6582156d4dad5d0499bfcd70.JPG

3rd: Some Clamp with Chobits and my second favorite Magical Girl Cardcaptor Sakura (1st is Sailor Moon)

360393874_MPOtakuCollector4.thumb.JPG.dbed4020c556ac80c052a5e009190f9e.JPG

139350.gif

And one of the greatest Anime Movies ever made AKIRA.

1040885757_MPOtakuCollector5.thumb.JPG.cd41607b697dcbb2505be8bf1c2c7a1d.JPG

Hope you like what you see

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@R1s1ngs0n Me next! Here is my submission for the Otaku Award. This collection dates back to when I first became an Otaku with Tenchi Muyo being among my first favorite anime series 25 years ago. 

@extantsrevenge i bet you don't have the Akira DVD collectors tin that I have hehe 😉 

20211217_053632.jpg

Edited by Squeegie McGee
  • Like 14

3 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

@Squeegie McGee

942b0574c70ef9749198596df3c372e4.gif

Congratulations to first big Award

award_received_otaku_collector_particle_expansion_blue_001.gif.025aed431891f87e2b9d757c3c487920.gif

I actually had that Akira edition (was really expensive for me to import at the time it came out). But I sold it when I got my first Akira Blu-ray Steelbook 😅

Thank ya Nils @extantsrevenge! I bought mine off Ebay way back in '02 for $50 bucks. Tsk tsk! Ya should've kept it lol. 😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, extantsrevenge said:

Thank you for participating in our Anime Collection award and for sharing your beautiful editions/collections with us. It is very refreshing to see some Anime fans among our members.

evangelion-neon-genesis-evangelion.gif

You all @extantsrevenge @Squeegie McGee have received the Otaku Collector Award.

I'm raising my glass to you all

sefOExMnsDEhRAOFE2OLRfRw-X5yTWsrWkFiUf6z

Time to get this party started! @extantsrevenge

gintama-anime.gif

• Haha 5

• ★ Administrators ★

original.gif

@R1s1ngs0n normally you should not have awarded @ethnosax 😅 it has to be 5 different Movies/Series, he did show 2 x Your Name.

@ethnosax can you show 1 other Anime release you got? If not we will make an exception this time, but all future participants need 5 different

4dadf6092ee71554366d8db03f9b8a82.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Veum said:

Can anyone help me to get excited about this 😛 

pee wee herman 80s GIF

🥤🤠 alright, alright Nils you finally got me excited and so much I threw in Alita (I consider it in the same 😆)… thank you my minx Marina @Trianna for your terrific design and Daniel @raylight for the New Awards graphics…

So without further ado for your consideration @extantsrevenge:)

Took a little investigating!! 😂 

Snooping Brennan Elliott GIF by Hallmark Movies & Mysteries

B7CC1591-E795-4C48-8643-6130281EC890.thumb.jpeg.20f24acca4728eee52c2e16bac3f0865.jpeg

D7AC4FBB-D560-4CD6-9FB0-A52496CB3E09.thumb.jpeg.6689e34a8cb5354cd3b82039000c9a39.jpeg

• Like 10