jaferris

Title:  Your Name

Pre-Orders:  available now

Release:  19 June 2018

Links:

Kimchi;

https://kimchidvd.com/en/21819/v.kimchi?searchCnd=&searchWrd=

Nova:

http://novamnm.com/product/blu-ray-your-name-lenticular-deluxe-limited-edition/1300/?cate_no=130&display_group=1

Art work:

Lenticular Deluxe Box Set

image.png.5f2396da99ff12ea34d71efcb8e8b132.png

Full Slip:

image.png.b00b4f190715c845003e90c88a96838c.png

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Received the CE of Grimgar today from Amz.ca!

I'm an old hardcore RPG player from back when D&D just started 2nd edition (P&P!) and adopted well to the wonderful Bioware worlds on PC, such as;

- All the Baldur's Gate series'

- Icewind Dale series'

- Diablo series' (Blizzard)

- and of course, Planescape Torment!!!

Grimgar looks wonderful, from the few You-tube teasers I pulled up (not enough to ruin it).

Looking forward to watching this week-end!

Artwork:

Grimgar.jpg

Edited by Grendel

• 2 weeks later...

^^ Heh, yeah, I bought the CE as well of D2, damn near wore out the discs!

On another note, just ordered the "Hellsing Ultimate" collection ( ep 1-10, x3 boxsets, Blu+dvd.)

I managed to score them all together for $135 Cdn via Amz.ca and since our Cdn buck is in the sewer right now, that's a pretty good deal comparatively, as they were going for the same price in USD on a number of sites.

I've wanted this collection for a while but there was no sign of anyone offering a better sale price and quantity was getting low (the ultimate selling tactic!!!) so pulled the trigger.

• Hellsing Ultimate - Volumes 1-4 Collection [Blu-ray + DVD]
  • +
  • Hellsing Ultimate - Volumes 5-8 [Blu-Ray + Dvd] Regular Edition
  • +
  • Hellsing Ultimate: Volumes 9 & 10 [Blu-ray + DVD]

• Like 1

After seeing that Funimation is releasing Uchuu Senkan Yamato: 2199 on Bluray under the “Star-Blazers” banner (yuck) I finally motivated myself to track down the overly expensive (and totally worth it) Japanese first pressing of the Yamato 2199 BluRay Box Set. 

It’s gorgeous.

F258E17B-C24D-44CA-9330-31A95F2A059A.jpeg

C1E1F09D-BBE4-409F-9966-8BF2551679BA.jpeg

• Like 4

Awards

On 5/31/2018 at 12:59 PM, extantsrevenge said:

@FN-2187 great 1f44d.png That is so much better than the US release, but I assume expansive.

Yeah.... it was.... approximately $300USD for the set. A far cry from the $50 U.S. release but entirely worth it, in my mind. 

Besides, I have a friend in Japan who I send Steelbooks to, so we work things out rather well. :)

• Like 2

Awards

Had two nice deliveries show up today;

-"Ninja Scroll" Steelbook (from Zavvi), and

- "Hellsing Ultimate" x3 boxsets (for all 10 episodes) with gorgeous slip-covers on each.

The first boxset of HU says "Over 200 minutes of extras" on a cover sticker and I believe that includes the "Hellsing:Dawn" OVA.

I still have the Kimchi Korean release box sets of "Ninja Scroll" (Lenti & FS) in the pipe and they should arrive soon.

I'm toying with the idea of ordering the TV series of "NS" but it doesn't exactly get glowing reviews, so we'll see.

I also ordered the original OVA for "Vampire Hunter D" to compliment my VHD:Bloodlust CE.

Last, I ordered the "Cowboy Bebop" Movie to compliment the series I have. My series release is, sigh, the Funimation one but a new release is in the works as I type so may purchase that when it comes out.

?

On 6/7/2018 at 2:19 PM, Admiral Thrawn said:

@Grendel have it Code Free incl german sound? :/

Unfortunately, @Admiral Thrawn no, it's locked "Region A" and only in English and Japanese.

I'd recommend checking out Amazon.de though, as when I type in "Hellsing Ultimate" a LOT of releases are displayed.

I'm sure you will find one that suites your needs...?

(Oh, and I LOVE your new name bar!)

Oh, and @extantsrevenge, I did indeed mean Kimchi when I spoke of "Ninja Scroll" (Nova is offering it as well).

It's a Special Edition with two slips offered. one is FullSlip the other is Double Lenti.

For some reason, they call it "Wind Ninja Chronicles" but it is Ninja Scroll.

Here are the links to the Lenti copies;

Kimchi:  https://kimchidvd.com/en/21840/v.kimchi?searchCnd=&searchWrd=

Nova:  http://novamnm.com/product/blu-ray-the-wind-ninja-chronicles-double-lenticulr-full-slip-le/1333/?cate_no=83&display_group=1

Unfortunately, again, they are English and Japanese only and locked to Region A.

Cheers!  ?

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

Received today my two copies of "Ninja Scroll" from Kimchi.

They are absolutely stunning!

The lenti cover one has excellent depth, both front and back.

The Full Slip has a simple but attractive semi-gloss cover with slight embossing on the front text and rear cover wakizashi sword emblem.

The book that accompanies the Full Slip edition is in Korean but has some lovely pics inside as well.

The Scanovo cases (for both) also has beautiful artwork.

Presentation is 4:3 original aspect ratio with Dolby HD 5.1 sound (English subs).

Unfortunately, region A locked.

I also received;

- the "Vampire Hunter D." OVA Blu

- the "Cowboy Bebop Movie", and

- the 3D version of "Gits SAC: Solid State Society" (from DDD.House website) Link:  http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/index.php?CategoryID=206

which have a number of obscure titles available for good prices, excellent communication and top-notch delivery.

I must apologize for not providing any pics of these wonderful editions but right now my computer and digital camera are not on speaking terms.

I shall attempt to resolve this issue in the very near future!

Cheers! ?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got Avatar: The Last Airbender Series on BluRay here in the US, and, shocker, the slipcover is all beaten to hell. 

I've not found a reliable way to get bluray's with slipcovers and not have them arrived to me destroyed, in the U.S.- any advice?

Awards

Good Morning my friend!

two tricks I'm familiar with that have worked, depending on the site you are purchasing from.

I know these tricks work with Amazon at least.

1, - order it as a "gift" with the gift wrap option. it's a couple dollars more but it does add at least one more layer of protection.

2, - order a magazine with the order, as they will usually go to greater lengths to protect the magazine! This is a famous trick with Amazon.jp (Japan) as they will actually shrink wrap the order to a plank of cardboard and place it all in a box (instead of a bubble mailer) to protect the mag from getting damaged.

yeah;

- $200 Blu-ray order = whatever

- $6 magazine order = bullet-proof that sucker!

...so weird...

Other folk might have some tips too.

Best of luck!  ?

edit: Sorry to hear "Avatar" got damaged, that's a beauty slip too! I'll keep an eye out for any folk selling just the slip (some do) on some of the sites I frequent!

Edited by Grendel

Thank you @Grendel!

Yeah- I tried the gift wrap option this time- it still wasn't enough... :/ 

But it still turned out better than the time I tried to order Season 2 of Agents of Shield from Amazon... that thing arrived utterly demolished.

Why do studios go through the trouble of commissioning Scanavo to release slipcovers with their BluRays if there is no thought given to how they're sold?

But oh man, I LOVE ordering things off of Amazon.co.jp- every order I've purchased from them has arrived in 3 days via DHL, and packaged shrink wrapped to a piece of cardboard with NO ISSUES.

BluRays may be expensive in Japan, but the lengths that they go through to make sure that whatever you get arrives in pristine condition is very worth it! 

• Like 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

amazon.co.jp are simply the best every order will be packaged with extrem care, I have had never an issue with them and delivery is within 2-3 days ? All recent orders I placed on amazon.com arrived with a problem, sometimes cd cases crashed, slips damaged, they are a pain only throw the stuff in an envelope, I don't order much through them anymore ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...