IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, damships said:

I’m waiting for the day when I get punched in the gut by the LOTR Invoice and cough like Gollum.

The Lord Of The Rings Reaction GIF

I hope for our sakes each individual invoice will be spread out as to not get us burdened down with too big of payment(s)! 😳 

or else some of us will be…

our work GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Good morning, Psychos!

And yes, once again I say "good morning", because in Spain you don't say "good afternoon" until after you have had lunch, and here lunch is a little later than in other places.... 14pm or 15pm.

Today I read that Chelsea have signed Cucurella for more than 50 million pounds. He is crazy, he's not worth it. But it's not even worth kidding.

He's not a bad footballer, and he can be playable, but he's not a top player at all. In Spain nobody signed him or tried to sign him beyond the middle of the classification.

And this brings me back to remember how the English teams, little by little, have become that foreigner friend who always pays for everything, and doesn't care about throwing money away. 

English teams pay exaggerated amounts for ordinary players. Posting a lot of player news for the English teams to pay a fortune has become a usual joke.

That means that English teams sign players by trusting the totally corrupt Spanish press, or that their agents here cheat them by doing their own business. 

It's like when Leeds signed Rodrigo Moreno for 26 millon pounds, one of the Spanish players with the most press and the fewest results. An average of 8 goals a year in Spain -and only one time more than 10- is surpassed by players who can be bought for a quarter of that money.

The curious thing is that then there are very good players who, if they are not promoted by the Spanish press, or by certain agents, it seems they don't know about their existence.

The day someone starts to control these strange businesses, we're going to have a good movie.

Good….. (checks the clock) Afternoon @Casiusco 😁👍🏼

Very interesting post my friend. I completely agree about Cucurella. If Haaland, Phillips and Sterling are all worth £50mil a piece, Then How on earth is a Brighton wing back worth the same? Simple answer….. he’s not. Clever business from Brighton really. They sold White for £40mil last season, and on his current form that was an incredibly over inflated price as well.

I don’t think that English clubs don’t care about throwing their money away, but it’s a it more about the fear of missing out. He was linked to Man City (who rightly said No chance at £50mil) and so the other clubs panic and want to get in there first and not fall further behind.

The worst thing about all of this though, is the player power. For example,

• Raphina only wanted Barcelona and so they got him cheaper than Chelsea’s bid - Leeds lose out on money.
  • Phillips only wanted Man City and so they got him cheaper than PSG’s bid - Leeds lose out on money.
  • De Ketelaere only wanted AC Milan and so they got him cheaper than Leeds bid - Brugge lose out on money.

The big clubs quite frankly take the pi$$ when it comes to snapping up lower club talent. They should have to pay the market value - ie match the highest bid on the table.

Also, as a Leeds fan and regarding Rodrigo, I couldn’t agree more. He is Never worth the money we paid. But, he was the “Name” that we added on our return to the Prem. His goal and assist return has been very poor the last two seasons. However, Since Marsch has come in & put his arm around him (Bielsa didn’t do fluffy) he was vital in keeping us up and he went and scored a hat trick last week against Cagliari. He now has 5 in 5 in preseason…. There may be hope for him yet! 🤞🏼😁

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Good….. (checks the clock) Afternoon @Casiusco 😁👍🏼

Very interesting post my friend. I completely agree about Cucurella. If Haaland, Phillips and Sterling are all worth £50mil a piece, Then How on earth is a Brighton wing back worth the same? Simple answer….. he’s not. Clever business from Brighton really. They sold White for £40mil last season, and on his current form that was an incredibly over inflated price as well.

I don’t think that English clubs don’t care about throwing their money away, but it’s a it more about the fear of missing out. He was linked to Man City (who rightly said No chance at £50mil) and so the other clubs panic and want to get in there first and not fall further behind.

The worst thing about all of this though, is the player power. For example,

• Raphina only wanted Barcelona and so they got him cheaper than Chelsea’s bid - Leeds lose out on money.
  • Phillips only wanted Man City and so they got him cheaper than PSG’s bid - Leeds lose out on money.
  • De Ketelaere only wanted AC Milan and so they got him cheaper than Leeds bid - Brugge lose out on money.

The big clubs quite frankly take the pi$$ when it comes to snapping up lower club talent. They should have to pay the market value - ie match the highest bid on the table.

Also, as a Leeds fan and regarding Rodrigo, I couldn’t agree more. He is Never worth the money we paid. But, he was the “Name” that we added on our return to the Prem. His goal and assist return has been very poor the last two seasons. However, Since Marsch has come in & put his arm around him (Bielsa didn’t do fluffy) he was vital in keeping us up and he went and scored a hat trick last week against Cagliari. He now has 5 in 5 in preseason…. There may be hope for him yet! 🤞🏼😁

I understand that fear of the English clubs, it's logical, it is a very common fear in all the big leagues; but, at the same time, the ease with which English clubs spend a lot of money on players who are seen from the beginning who are not top players is very strange.

There are already too many times that it happens.

I remember when United bought Bailey a few years ago for 40 million euros. It was too easy to find better central defenders than him for considerably less money...

The Cucurella affair is even more striking: no club of any importance in Spain has ever wanted him. Is everyone wrong? It may be, sometimes the performance depends even on the coach. But... they are strange things. It has happened too many times.

In addition, they are always players who have a lot of support from the Madrid sports press. That in Spain is a really important pressure lobby. Any player they put on the cover ends up being desired.

Note that in the case of Rodrigo Moreno, who came from the youth academy of my club, Celta de Vigo, was a player with poor figures who signed for Valencia because he hired the football players agency of Jorge Mendes, and Mendes made sure that from then on that all the operations with him were for a lot of money. 
Having a good agent led to a lot of talk about him in the Madrid press, and that made Real Madrid take an interest in him. Valencia came to ask 120 million euros for him.

But he had only scored 10 goals or more in the league once in his life. Just once. No more.

There are a lot of mediocre players with better figures than him.

(Still, I hope he helps your Leeds and makes you happy... It's not that he's bad, it's that he's one more; he can help, but he's not top, or not 26 million pounds player)

Although well, about the press in Spain, and how they "promote" some players, a lot could be said. You also can't expect too much consistency in a fundamentally corrupt country.

And I completely agree with you that the big clubs should pay the market value of the players. But even with the children of the academy teams: in Spain, if the player is under 18 years old with saying that the father found work elsewhere, they can already take the child finding work to the parents.

My team has a great academy, with many young international players, but every year the big teams steal players for free. Including the English.

Someday someone should do something with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Basil said:

good morning all happy saturday :D

keep cool and refreshed its going to get hot today

Relaxing Saturday Morning GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Heat Wave Cat GIF

basil 👍

Morning Basil!

Maybe down south, but up here around about Glasgow it’s going to be a lovely comfortable 18°C with a spot of rain.

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Edited by AlexanderTheMan
  • Like 4

Awards

🥤 Top of the day to ya, going to be ☁️ here my friends…good day there Veum here❣️🙏:)🤠 

A morning thunderstorm; otherwise, humid with more clouds than sun

Special Weather Statement

Saturday, August 6, 8:10 AM EDT

Saturday, August 6, 10:15 AM EDT

...LOW VISIBILITIES DUE TO FOG THIS MORNING... High dewpoints and clear skies overnight has led to patchy dense fog. A few locations have reported visibilities less than a half mile. Conditions are expected to improve over the next few hours. However, in the meantime if on the roads take extra precaution in case of sudden reduction in visibility.

Saturday Morning Cartoon GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Are they going to force me to buy one when I know & they know I CAN NOT AFFORD AN ELECTRIC CAR! 😡 

Angry Mad GIF

Just now, Veum said:

Are they going to force me to buy one when I know & they know I CAN NOT AFFORD AN ELECTRIC CAR! 😡 

Angry Mad GIF

Nobody's forcing you to do anything. There's still plenty of gas guzzlers available for sale, and won't be phased out from many company's production lines for another 10-15 years (at least in the US).

https://www.forbes.com/wheels/news/automaker-ev-plans/