IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Veum said:

ย 

@Pbsw23ย what kinda humor does the English have? ๐Ÿงย 

ย 

Thinking Reaction GIF by ABC TV + IVIEW

Dry. Very very dry. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
ย 

Itโ€™s just that your gif said โ€œthatโ€ offensive and not โ€œitโ€ offensive. It just read like it meant my postโ€ฆ ย can never be too sure these days.

giphy.gif

๐Ÿ˜

ย 

• Haha 1

Just now, Pbsw23 said:

Dry. Very very dry. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
ย 

Itโ€™s just that your gif said โ€œthatโ€ offensive and not โ€œitโ€ offensive. It just read like it meant my postโ€ฆ ย can never be too sure these days.

giphy.gif

๐Ÿ˜

ย 

ย 

Come on @Pbsw23ย donโ€™t you know me by now ๐Ÿ˜›โ€ฆ

ย 

I like to joke around quite a bitโ€ฆ unless the topic is needed with my intelligent knowledge ๐Ÿ˜†ย 

ย 

Happy The Joker GIF

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

@Fortis93ย The Last Duelโ€ฆ. Really? โ˜น๏ธ

ย 

Well, look, I'll be the first to tell you that my taste in films is questionable.๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

I was expecting to feel indifferent towards this one based on what I'd seen and heard, but I ended up liking it quite a bit.ย 

ย 

And I can perfectly understand why some wouldn't though given the nature of the story itself.ย 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fortis93 said:

ย 

Well, look, I'll be the first to tell you that my taste in films is questionable.๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

I was expecting to feel indifferent towards this one based on what I'd seen and heard, but I ended up liking it quite a bit.ย 

ย 

And I can perfectly understand why some wouldn't though given the nature of the story itself.ย 

mate, I dare say we all have a few โ€œquestionableโ€ favs ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿป

ย 

Completely fair though mate. Iโ€™ll admit I was surprised to see your post but we all like different stuff.

ย 

I guess I was just curious if it was because it was Ridley Scott, or whether you just enjoyed it.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

8 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

ย 

Completely fair though mate. Iโ€™ll admit I was surprised to see your post but we all like different stuff.

ย 

I guess I was just curious if it was because it was Ridley Scott, or whether you just enjoyed it.

ย 

Iโ€™m usually so โ€œinโ€ with these Medievalย epics with swords and Knights!ย :)๐Ÿคบย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Nah, it wasn't because it was Ridley Scott (who I actually took issue with when he started having a bit of a knee-jerk go at "millennials" and superhero movies for the film essentially bombing).ย 

ย 

I'll put it this way, if it wasn't for the last third of the movie/story, then I probably wouldn't be buying it. I think it was mostly Jodie Comer's character and performance that made the whole thing worthwhile.ย 

ย 

Otherwise, I tend to shy away from films that deal the with some of the heavy things that this one does.ย 

ย 

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Fortis93 said:

ย 

Nah, it wasn't because it was Ridley Scott (who I actually took issue with when started having a bit of knee-jerk go at "millennials" and superhero movies for the film essentially bombing).ย 

ย 

I'll put it this way, if it wasn't for the last third of the movie/story, then I probably wouldn't be buying it. I think it was mostly Jodie Comer's character and performance that made the whole thing worthwhile.ย 

ย 

My problem is having to wait for one of our Premium retailers providing us with this and me not being able to see it unless I ordered this 4K (now):

ย 

The Last Duel 4K (Blu-ray)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

ย 

Nah, it wasn't because it was Ridley Scott (who I actually took issue with when he started having a bit of a knee-jerk go at "millennials" and superhero movies for the film essentially bombing).ย 

ย 

ย 

Otherwise, I tend to shy away from films that deal the with some of the heavy things that this one does.ย 

ย 

I still canโ€™t get my head around the casting ๐Ÿคฏ But regardless of that, 2 & 1/2 hours of misery is more than enough for me. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I do like gritty, but I think I prefer a gritty series that are broken up into more palletable chunks.

ย 

This one gets filed with the โ€œone time watchโ€ movies for me. I think the only one of those that I have bought was Spotlight (mostly for Keaton). But IMO The Last Duel is light years away in terms of performances from the likes of Spotlight.
ย 

Obviously these are very different movies in terms of era, but why oh why oh why would you cast a bunch of Americans attempting old English accentsโ€ฆ for French characters?! Utterly Bonkers.ย 

ย 

But anywayโ€ฆ all just opinions and not worth anything. Iโ€™m glad you got more out of it than most, and I hope FA do it proud mate. ๐Ÿปย 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

I still canโ€™t get my head around the casting ๐Ÿคฏ But regardless of that, 2 & 1/2 hours of misery is more than enough for me. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I do like gritty, but I think I prefer a gritty series that are broken up into more palletable chunks.

ย 

This one gets filed with the โ€œone time watchโ€ movies for me. I think the only one of those that I have bought was Spotlight (mostly for Keaton). But IMO The Last Duel is light years away in terms of performances from the likes of Spotlight.
ย 

Obviously these are very different movies in terms of era, but why oh why oh why would you cast a bunch of Americans attempting old English accentsโ€ฆ for French characters?! Utterly Bonkers.ย 

ย 

But anywayโ€ฆ all just opinions and not worth anything. Iโ€™m glad you got more out of it than most, and I hope FA do it proud mate. ๐Ÿปย 

ย 

This is why @Pbsw23ย ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

ย 

4Th Of July Freedom GIF

40 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

ย 

ย 

That's Hollywood for you. Even still, it can't be more ridiculous than Kevin Costner's attempt at playing Robin Hood. And let's not forget Keanu Reeve's 'star' turn as Harker in Dracula... every time he opened his mouth, the wife and I were in stitches.

ย 

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

That's Hollywood for you. Even still, it can't be more ridiculous than Kevin Costner's attempt at playing Robin Hood. And let's not forget Keanu Reeve's 'star' turn as Harker in Dracula... every time he opened his mouth, the wife and I were in stitches.

ย 

You say it canโ€™t be more ridiculousโ€ฆ. But this IS Affleck & Damon weโ€™re talking about here. ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

Will never understand why film makers continually make these decisions, BUTโ€ฆ

ย 

NOTHING can trump Harrison Ford & Liam Neesons Russian in K-19!!! Why Russians on board a Russian military submarine would ALL talk to each other in 100% English is Beyond me, but worse is that I find it Entirely Unbelievable that either of these guys are Actually trying to put on a Russian accent! Just embarrassing. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ Just another reason for my feelings towards Mr. Neeson.ย 
ย 

ย 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

You say it canโ€™t be more ridiculousโ€ฆ. But this IS Affleck & Damon weโ€™re talking about here. ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

Will never understand why film makers continually make these decisions, BUTโ€ฆ

ย 

NOTHING can trump Harrison Ford & Liam Neesons Russian in K-19!!! Why Russians on board a Russian military submarine would ALL talk to each other in 100% English is Beyond me, but worse is that I find it Entirely Unbelievable that either of these guys are Actually trying to put on a Russian accent! Just embarrassing. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ Just another reason for my feelings towards Mr. Neeson.ย 
ย 

ย 

Definitely need to watch it then, just for giggles.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

I love your questionable tasteโ€ฆ ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค—

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

well just dropped off the dam car tonight picked up theย jalopy when you know its an old courtesy car.

when there is more moisture on the inside, than the outside had to get half a roll of kitchen roll to get ride of the rain forest so its not frozen up in the morning.

anyway got home they chucked up on the ramp for the morning got a telephone call as i got back inย 

hello yes you need 2 new front tyres they have had it.

ย 

bbc three oh bollocks GIF by BBC

ย 

well there goes another ยฃ300 odd on michelins at least, lets hope thats end of the bad newsย ๐Ÿ™

ย 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5UciMb-x0JC2Rm1JyyUr

ย 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSj5Qupr3Qcd9QuBAI8swt

ย 

basilย ๐Ÿคž

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Basil said:

well just dropped off the dam car tonight picked up theย jalopy when you know its an old courtesy car.

when there is more moisture on the inside, than the outside had to get half a roll of kitchen roll to get ride of the rain forest so its not frozen up in the morning.

anyway got home they chucked up on the ramp for the morning got a telephone call as i got back inย 

hello yes you need 2 new front tyres they have had it.

ย 

bbc three oh bollocks GIF by BBC

ย 

well there goes another ยฃ300 odd on michelins at least, lets hope thats end of the bad newsย ๐Ÿ™

ย 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5UciMb-x0JC2Rm1JyyUr

ย 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSj5Qupr3Qcd9QuBAI8swt

ย 

basilย ๐Ÿคž

Fingers crossed for you @Basil!ย 
ย 

Michelin Pilot Sports? ๐Ÿ˜ Theyโ€™re the kicks my little lady wears. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Fingers crossed for you @Basil!ย 
ย 

Michelin Pilot Sports? ๐Ÿ˜ Theyโ€™re the kicks my little lady wears. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

ย 

no michelin crossclimate plus on black circles about ยฃ152 a tyre and my garage will make some money on that price, but by far the best all round tyre. take you up a mountain in snow there are videos on you tube of it.

ย 

last lot got back in 2019 reckon done about 25000 on them but i do drive hard, its my damn right foot for some reason its heavier than my left xDย 

• Haha 3

@Robertm89ย Thought of you when the news broke about Trippier, thatโ€™s a damn fine signing mate. But I am very curious what your thoughts are on Mr. Wood signing for that price tag?!ย 
ย 

I guess the price doesnโ€™t matter when your as rich as Newcastle right now, but with FIFA Fair play rules in consideration was that a good move do you think?

1 hour ago, Pbsw23 said:

@Robertm89ย Thought of you when the news broke about Trippier, thatโ€™s a damn fine signing mate. But I am very curious what your thoughts are on Mr. Wood signing for that price tag?!ย 
ย 

I guess the price doesnโ€™t matter when your as rich as Newcastle right now, but with FIFA Fair play rules in consideration was that a good move do you think?

To be honest mate not all fans will be happy with this but he's always been a bloody handful. Wilson is injured so we didn't have a striker for the weekend. Gayle is a championship striker, so we might need him next season lol. A lot of clubs are playing hardball with asking prices so i think there trying to be a little sensible too still. Saturday is just a massive game for us, us and Watford are both in horrific form but we gotta start beating those around us especially.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

To be honest mate not all fans will be happy with this but he's always been a bloody handful. Wilson is injured so we didn't have a striker for the weekend. Gayle is a championship striker, so we might need him next season lol. A lot of clubs are playing hardball with asking prices so i think there trying to be a little sensible too still. Saturday is just a massive game for us, us and Watford are both in horrific form but we gotta start beating those around us especially.

Heโ€™s def a handful. Given his time with us, and then his time with Burnley I would say heโ€™s closer to a Championship striker than a Prem striker. He had that one good season with us which prompted Burnley to pay us handsomely for his services, but Iโ€™m not convinced he lived up to expectations.
ย 

All of that said, I think itโ€™s now written in the stars that he scores the winner against us on 22nd now ๐Ÿ˜‚ In the right set up and with the right service, I truly believe he could very easily re-discover that predatory instinct with your boys.ย 

7 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

ย 

Haha, I completely get you there.

ย 

I think it would've been neat to have the characters start out speaking in their native language and then "switch" to English.

ย 

John McTiernan did such a great job of mixing languages like this in movies like "The Hunt For Red October" (switching from Russian to English) and "The 13th Warrior" (from Norwegian/Swedish to English).

ย 

Spoiler

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1