IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Basil said:

thing you need to seriously think about is out of hd zeta and FA, which is going to be your main collection. it may be you do both equally?

secondly if you had both in hand side by side which are you in love with which is completely stand out for you and there be many different reasons.

thirdly what do you need most in terms of completion.

fourthly which would be the hardest to replace? 

i know thats prob put your head in a spin but thats how i would approach it if it was me.

i hope it has helped a bit

basil :D 

In hand only have had Arrival.  I got it basically without any knowledge (one of the first premiums I bought) and love it.  But Interstellar is one I’ve wanted since I learned about exclusives and steelbooks.  It and Gladiator.  So I figure I should get at least one of my original wants. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Hollywood E Rock we just got our internet back, sheesh!😊

Matt Leblanc Flirting GIF

I’ve been without internet before,

giphy.gif

it sucks! As for how I’m doing, currently I’m

giphy.gif

Working on some reviews for our Horror Thread,

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I should have some new chapters posted either later today or tomorrow morning. Depending on me getting other chores done

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And ignoring other distractions 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

We just had a bit of a historic, record-breaking moment with the Footy last night.

My second favourite team, the Rabbitohs (who, as many of you may know, Russell Crowe is quite fond of) managed a win of 60 to 8 against the Sydney Roosters (which many considered an embarrassing loss for them as they were at the top of the ladder).

The grand final is coming up, and it looks like the Rabbitohs are a force to be reckoned with this year (they won in 2014, which in itself was also historic as they hadn't won a grand final since 1971).

No idea if anyone is even interested in this, but I figured I'd chip in to the Football-related discussion. xD

Tedious link for you.... Russell Crowe supports....... wait for it..... Leeds United! 😁🙌🏼

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Basil said:

@Pbsw23 thats bad 13hrs, you not got a gas hob and a saucepan?

or you an all electric johnny?

basil 👍

Yeah all electric mate. I was borderline about to light the chimnea & slapping a saucepan on top of it! 😂 Needless to say once it came back on, it was back to back brews! 😍😂👍🏼 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Tedious link for you.... Russell Crowe supports....... wait for it..... Leeds United! 😁🙌🏼

Haha, that's awesome. 

I'll never forget the night the Rabbitohs won the Grand Final in 2014.

There'd been a lot of partying and parading in my area, and lots of folks were quite drunk by the time it was over.

So, when it came time for the winner to be announced, I could hear a guy very clearly outside my window yell to the stop of his lungs:

'Yes! Yes! Go the bunnies, you f***ing (body part)suckers!"

I was pissing myself. xD

Edited by Fortis93
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Haha, that's awesome. 

I'll never forget the night the Rabbitohs won the Grand Final in 2014.

There'd been a lot of partying and parading in my area, and lots of folks were quite drunk by the time it was over.

So, when it came time for the winner to be announced, I could hear a guy very clearly outside my window yell to the stop of his lungs:

'Yes! Yes! Go the bunnies, you f***ing (body part)suckers!"

I was pissing myself. xD

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Basil said:

fortis genuine question here like to know how on earth come up with some of the team names like

rabbitohs- was they going round ripping the heads off rabbits like dinosaurs and come up with that? xD

basil  :D 

You're actually not very far off. xD

There's actually a couple of theories behind the origin of the name, but this is the most well known:

Spoiler

The most famous story of how the club got the "Rabbitohs" nickname comes from their rugby union days at the turn of the 20th century.

During that period, players wearing their cardinal red and myrtle green football jumpers, earned some extra money on Saturday mornings by hawking rabbits around the district with the traditional cry of "Rabbitoh!" echoing through the narrow streets.

As they made a sale, they would sling the bunny from their shoulder and skin it on the spot, inevitably accumulating some of the fur and blood on their jerseys as they did so.

When they played in those blood stained jumpers that afternoon, opponents from wealthier rugby clubs did not always appreciate the aroma and would mockingly repeat the "Rabbitoh!" cry.

The funny thing is, I doubt many Aussies even know about the name's origin.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Thank you for your kind words @Casiusco 😊👍🏼

The power went out again last night at 10pm and didn’t come back on again until 10:30am! Now enjoying my first cup of tea for over 13hrs.... 😱 That’s almost unimaginable for an English fellow 😂

As for Llorente, We desperately needed CB’s that are capable at this level, but also who can cope with Bielsa’s expectations and training. Therefore I don’t mind paying a little over the odds as long as Marcelo gets his man. I take heed to the warning of being ex-Real Madrid, but I would hope it must mean he has shown some brilliance or promise to have flirted with them.

It is interesting to see Leeds now have Hernandez, Rodrigo & Llorente. Hopefully Rodrigo & Llorente will settle quickly and integrate into the team ethos the current group have been showing 🤞🏼😊

I understand you. If Bielsa wants it, it has to be the right one. I'm sure. You are right to trust Bielsa, he represents what is unfortunately missing in football today.

Good luck tomorrow vs. Sheffield. ;)

PS: These last hours I have had more tea than you! Yes, unimaginable. A few years ago at a work meeting near Manchester my hotel room had a lot of tea available, I tried it, I liked it, I started drinking it in this meetings, and now I have a closet full of Twinings. :D 

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

We just had a bit of a historic, record-breaking moment with the Footy last night.

My second favourite team, the Rabbitohs (who, as many of you may know, Russell Crowe is quite fond of) managed a win of 60 to 8 against the Sydney Roosters (which many considered an embarrassing loss for them as they were at the top of the ladder).

The grand final is coming up, and it looks like the Rabbitohs are a force to be reckoned with this year (they won in 2014, which in itself was also historic as they hadn't won a grand final since 1971).

No idea if anyone is even interested in this, but I figured I'd chip in to the Football-related discussion. xD

There are great moments. And great stories.

Nothing is greater than the joy -and absolute happiness- of the supporters of a small team -or that does not usually aspire to win- when they finally do. There are stories common to different parts of the world, different cultures, and even different sports. But the same happiness and the same feeling.

The day my football/soccer team wins a trophy ... don't expect me to be able to come say hi for a long time. ;) 

And someday we'll achieve it. As coach Berizzo -pupil of Bielsa- taught us a few years ago, when he was still here, you have to dream, because the day will come when the dream and the dreamer meet.

Someday..............

PS: Go Rabbitohs! ;) 

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

There are great moments. And great stories.

Nothing is greater than the joy -and absolute happiness- of the supporters of a small team -or that does not usually aspire to wi-n when they finally do. There are stories common to different parts of the world, different cultures, and even different sports. But the same happiness and the same feeling.

I think what makes these moments or events so great is the history and context behind them.

It's never a simple win / loss. It's really the journey and struggle to get to that particular point and what that team represents.

The Rabbitohs essentially were and still are the underdog team, representing the every day, working-class man/woman that would somehow come out on top (they've held the record for the most premiership wins) despite the many difficulties and obstacles the team has faced throughout the decades.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I think what makes these moments or events so great is the history and context behind them.

The Rabbitohs essentially were and still are the underdog team, representing the every day, working-class man/woman that would somehow come out on top (they've held the record for the most wins) despite the many difficulties and obstacles the team has faced throughout the decades.

Yes, after reading you, I'm more convinced. There are a lot of "Rabbitohs" around the world. ;)

Good luck!

• Like 4

Evening all 

After much deliberation and consideration I have decided to dissolve some of my collection. Moving forward im going to mainly concentrate on Hdzeta and FAC. Buying from 6/7 different premium retailers is manageable but just not space giving and becoming expensive. I am going to be sensible moving forward and learn to say no to some things lol. Some of my editions will be going on ebay from different retailers and I haven't got time to list them all on classified on here too but if anyone knows of anything I have received that isn't hdzeta FAC or WEET we can talk. If it is allowed. 

Yours truly not as psycho as I thought Rob, but it was getting to the buying for buying sake point haha. 

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
23 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

Evening all 

After much deliberation and consideration I have decided to dissolve some of my collection. Moving forward im going to mainly concentrate on Hdzeta and FAC. Buying from 6/7 different premium retailers is manageable but just not space giving and becoming expensive. I am going to be sensible moving forward and learn to say no to some things lol. Some of my editions will be going on ebay from different retailers and I haven't got time to list them all on classified on here too but if anyone knows of anything I have received that isn't hdzeta FAC or WEET we can talk. If it is allowed. 

Yours truly not as psycho as I thought Rob, but it was getting to the buying for buying sake point haha. 

🤣🤣🤣

I think we are in the same frame of mind as of now/this moment my friend!😉

freddie mercury GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I like this new Rob and everything but....

Your names in a lot of group buys that haven't  haven't completed yet so.....

May have more things to sell that you haven't yet paid for....

😅🤣😂🤣

Just joking mate u know I love ya 😘

Give it 4 weeks till you get outta this mind frame and back in the swing of things 💪💪💪

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

I like this new Rob and everything but....

Your names in a lot of group buys that haven't  haven't completed yet so.....

May have more things to sell that you haven't yet paid for....

😅🤣😂🤣

Just joking mate u know I love ya 😘

Give it 4 weeks till you get outta this mind frame and back in the swing of things 💪💪💪

Hahaha 

Never said I'm leaving the game haha, just being a more sensible Rob haha. A lot of me unpaid are hdzeta 💪 them bad boys won't be going anywhere. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Robertm89 said:

Hahaha 

Never said I'm leaving the game haha, just being a more sensible Rob haha. A lot of me unpaid are hdzeta 💪 them bad boys won't be going anywhere. 

@Robertm89, my focus (I think) will be more on my fav editions THE LENTI’s With beautiful in-depth & color, hey!😇

rainbow colors GIF by The Night Sea

• Like 5