IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

Some wonderful, insightful and humorous post folks, thanks very much for that!

I'm an old bastich, that still loves tangible product, Be it Books, Vinyl, Blus/dvd, whatever.

Heh, I don't even have a cell phone.

Anyway, as long as they make Blus, I'll buy them.

I'm not on the 4K train yet as I have a gorgeous Panny 65" Plasma 3D that still provides excellent service.

I will be very concerned the day it dies as, like some have mentioned, good luck finding another.

Hopefully, that is many years away.

I've only been in the Premium market for about 3 years now but it has totally re-invigorated my desire to collect films.

It has also served to assist me in branching out into foreign films, that I had little or no knowledge of, by virtue of them being offered at sites like; Kimchi, Nova, Yesasia, etc....

The opportunity to chat with like minded folk, as enthusiastic about films and nice releases (like here at MP) as I am, also spurs me to keep current on what's in the pipe.

So, I'm grateful for a LOT of things but I suppose having latest greatest news on releases being offered, as MP does, deserves my most heartfelt gratitude. 🤗

Cheers!

• Like 4

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ EXCELLENT selections @Veum !

I'd add "Quo Vadis" to your list though. Outstanding film!

And of course, the 1959 (Heston, Boyd) version of "Ben-Hur".

Mandatory at Easter, buddy!

edit: I can't handle "The Passion", personally. Just too much brutality for me. (I read the book, if you know what I mean...😉 ).

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ EXCELLENT selections @Veum !

I'd add "Quo Vadis" to your list though. Outstanding film!

Hey @Grendel,

Thanks, The Passion of the Christ that I watched tonight, whoa did it hit me harder then ever before even though I watch it every year at this time... James Patrick "Jim" Caviezel is so amazing in this, Mel Gibson is suppose to come out with a sequel sometime! :)

I'm going to have to look into Quo Vadis, I do not believe I've seen it before. icon_surprised.gif

@Veum bullwhip.gif

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

It's relatively cheap on Blu right now (though, I'm not sure where you are living).

Take the opportunity to "google" it or look up on IMDB as both could give a better synopsis than I could. 🙂

Peter Ustinov as Nero is worth the price alone!!!!

edit; oh, also: Barabbas ! with Anthony Quinn! Incredible!!!!

Here's a cover shot and link though (amz.com).

Link:

https://www.amazon.com/Quo-Vadis-Blu-ray-Robert-Taylor/dp/B001ECQ6E2/ref=tmm_mfc_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1555642439&sr=1-2

Art:

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2019 at 4:58 AM, Grendel said:

It's relatively cheap on Blu right now (though, I'm not sure where you are living).

Take the opportunity to "google it or look up on IMDB as both could give a better synopsis than I could. 🙂

Here's a cover shot and link though (amz.com).

Link:

https://www.amazon.com/Quo-Vadis-Blu-ray-Robert-Taylor/dp/B001ECQ6E2/ref=tmm_mfc_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1555642439&sr=1-2

Art:

I'm in the USA, I might pick this up when it gets lower in $$ though (have you ever seen it lower in price then the $14.99? as of now on AMZ) it has a great cast... maybe on a sale or Black friday! ;)

26 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Cheaper than $15 ?

Um, no, @Veum and at that price, the movie is a STEAL for what it has to offer.

Priorities?

Also, as I quickly mentioned above, Barabbas ( the Anthony Quinn version!!!) is also a MUST HAVE!

🙂

Yeah @Grendel I have Barabbas & the '59 Ben-Hur and many more

(if you only could see how many are in my collection of BD/DVD/4K mindblowing.gif) ... just started collecting "exclusives" thoughpanic.gif:)

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 5:49 AM, Grendel said:

Hey @Veum ! We need some pics my friend!

Please show us your collection. I for one would LOVE to see your treasures!

(or, is there some posted already?)

Cheers!

Hey @Grendel, sorry unfortunately I do not have a great set-up for display as we do not have enough space to display them (I keep them in plastic Latching tubs redface.gif). 

I have shown some of the exclusives on here from a small area for display! icon_biggrin.gif

I'm waiting on several GBs from MP I've joined since March '19!! hyper.gif

8 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi @Veum !

Wow! Those are great pics of some of your collection already!

Awesome Bats treasures!  🤩

Heh, don't need to be fancy my friend. In fact, if the weather turns nice, some of the greatest pics I've seen of folks collections, were taken outside in the green stuff!

Cheers!

Hi @Grendel,

Yeah w/TDK, TDKR, BB exclusives, I'm just anxiously waiting on the "motherbox"  to house them in! 

601464065_BatmanTrilogysteelbook-MP.thum

I know, but I would love to have a great display area to showcase my treasures, however c'est la vie!

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
7 hours ago, RileyLad said:

I’m a UK member - some of you may know me but for those that don’t I’m a 80s kid so love the usual classics that I was raised on. Anything Arnold Schwarzenegger, Aliens etc. Being a 80’s kid I not a snowflake and love a bit of banter.

I may not be up to date with current films due to work and kids, I’m usually the last to see a film most times due to waiting to get a premium copy of it. Not exactly what you wanna hear on a film physical media forum so hows this, I am a Ford Master Technician and maybe can answer any car related issues you may have in exchange for your film review😁😂

I also grew up in the 80's, you simply have to love them. The best movies, the coolest toys to play with as a kid (Masters, G.I.Joe and more 😍), and also together with the 90's for me the time with the best comic stories. Arnold was my absolute favorite when I was young, they rarely make such cool Action movies anymore.

You're not alone, I also take my time seeing the newest movies, mostly because there is so much to see. As I also love Anime and regular Series you get a huge amount of content to work through very fast 😭, especially when you try to see your favorite stuff again as well. WE do have it hard as fans of the medium 😁

Great to see more activity in English room...

giphy.gif

Everyone have a nice day ☺️

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
6 hours ago, Veum said:

Psychos, here it is "Good Friday" and I've always thought of getting a small tattoo, even at my age (wifey does not ever want me too though :()! :o

something similar to these:

MTS_comedy711-620824-jesus.png&sp=048a64 Images-of-Jesus-in-the-clouds-300x225.jp z69660.jpg&sp=df62ab7fe9be19093a8985a6fa

Anyone else thought of or have some?

@Veum bullwhip.gif

I have a tattoo of this 😀

Not saying where though!

Image result for media psychos

• Haha 3

• ★ Administrators ★

@Veum I don't really get tattoos, especially when some get them all over their body 🤔, but I guess whatever makes you happy. We do have an extra topic for that in the chit chat section.

Good morning to all, the easter bunny is getting ready for his big day...

tenor.gif

• Thanks 1