IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Just took a 2 mile walk across the fields in view of the snow covered Blue Ridge Mnts . . . 23 here, so not bad at all compared to what you all have.

That sounds fantastic, I bet the view was incredible. Yeah, my dogs in particular would probably do anything for a walk right about now. Too cold out for their paws!

Freezing Cold Weather GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 7

55 minutes ago, Veum said:

Not as much a lot of snow but just frigid, COLD temps 🥶 

Shaking In Bed GIF by NTE Grøntforsprang

I should be getting my 4K Fargo film delivered today, maybe a good cold-weather movie pick to watch later!  🥶 🎞 

Angry Cold Weather GIF by Fargo

have you watched the fargo television series? the current season isn't bad at all. pleasantly surprised but I've been tuning in every week, 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

You enjoying the snow Mike?  in VA we woke up to about 6 inches.  Super light and fluffy, easy to walk in, and luckily easy to shovel.

image.gif.4d069c78f5f43b44dcc51a89ddf41484.gif

Glad to hear it's light and fluffy.  We got snow with rain mix and temps in lower 30's in south Jersey Not bad.  Chilly with rain and lil wind. Winter Solstice Cat GIF by Sealed With A GIF

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LeadFarmer said:

have you watched the fargo television series? the current season isn't bad at all. pleasantly surprised but I've been tuning in every week, 

This is one I’ve been kind of waiting to hear feedback on.  The first couple of seasons were some of my favorite TV ever, 3rd was solid, really had to force myself to finish the 4th (though it had a few great performances).  I hope this one is good, I like most of what Hawley does, even read a couple of his novels after enjoying Fargo and Legion.

Another cold weather show just started up, the new season of True Detective.  Will probably go ahead and start it, just because it’s hard to believe Jodie Foster would’ve signed on to do it if the script weren’t fantastic.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

This is one I’ve been kind of waiting to hear feedback on.  The first couple of seasons were some of my favorite TV ever, 3rd was solid, really had to force myself to finish the 4th (though it had a few great performances).  I hope this one is good, I like most of what Hawley does, even read a couple of his novels after enjoying Fargo and Legion.

Another cold weather show just started up, the new season of True Detective.  Will probably go ahead and start it, just because it’s hard to believe Jodie Foster would’ve signed on to do it if the script weren’t fantastic.

It's pretty good I am hooked on it. This is the first season of Fargo I've tuned in to watch. What got my attention was the sheriff sitting in a hot tub telling two FBI agents to kick rocks. I'll probably go back and watch the prior seasons now.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

It's pretty good I am hooked on it. This is the first season of Fargo I've tuned in to watch. What got my attention was the sheriff sitting in a hot tub telling two FBI agents to kick rocks. I'll probably go back and watch the prior seasons now.

First two seasons are gold.

On the weather, I have to keep reminding myself why I love the mid-south.  Sure there’s a low of 5 degrees today, but next week?

IMG_0358.thumb.jpeg.3d31a4edd9c89b4ea489b28224c28533.jpeg

Of course, it helps if you find tornado warnings exciting.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

I’ve got the 1st season but do not remember if I continued with it and would need to go back and start from the beginning… and want to get the rest of the seasons on blu! 😉

Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) 

Still need to get the 2nd season:

Fargo: Year Two (Blu-ray)

IS the 3rd and 4th seasons going to get them on blu? 🧐 

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

Hi all!

16.8ºC 12ºC (=60.8ºF - 53.6 ºF) and it keeps raining, but not a lot of rain, just enough to get wet. The weather is crazy. We were in the coldest days of the year, and suddenly....

Obviously, it's very different from the places where you have snow. Snow is nice, but sometimes it makes everyday life difficult.

But what bothers me most is not the cold, or the rain, but the lack of light. These days the sunset is almost at 19:00, I'm looking forward to March, the time change, and that suddenly it is already at 21:00.

Life is very different if when you leave work it is daytime, and you can still do nice things, than if it's already night and you rush back home.

Even so, be happy! ☺️

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Veum said:

I’ve got the 1st season but do not remember if I continued with it and would need to go back and start from the beginning… and want to get the rest of the seasons on blu! 😉

Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) 

Still need to get the 2nd season:

Fargo: Year Two (Blu-ray)

IS the 3rd and 4th seasons going to get them on blu? 🧐 

If it helps, each season tells a totally different story and you wouldn’t need to remember the 1st season to enjoy the 2nd season.  Each season kind of has Easter eggs referencing the other seasons, and Easter eggs referencing Coen brothers movies, but they’re totally different stories with totally different characters.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

If it helps, each season tells a totally different story and you wouldn’t need to remember the 1st season to enjoy the 2nd season.  Each season kind of has Easter eggs referencing the other seasons, and Easter eggs referencing Coen brothers movies, but they’re totally different stories with totally different characters.

OK, but I might not have even finished S1 😂 😆 😛 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Can’t believe True Detective is only on HBO Max… I can not stand ALL these Streaming channels 🤪

Cat No GIF by Looney Tunes

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

@hansreinhardt all my gushing about the UHDC hard boxes push you over the ET line?   It’s a fantastic release. 

pizza friend GIF

Largely it was because I thought the Jaws UHDC would need a friend on the shelf 🤣

I agree with you though. It’s a beautiful set, the artwork is really unique for this film. I don’t own it on any format either so it’ll be a treat to revisit it after years! 

• Haha 5

Happy Wednesday Psychos! @BreakBeatDJ, that was a great question. I love UHDC, they look so pretty on the shelf!

Classic Film Wednesday GIF by Warner Archive

37 Days Until SwornFest

122 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

142 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

178 Days Until Retro Expo

283 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

288 Days Until Halloween

316 Days Until Thanksgiving

343 Days Until Christmas

350 Days Until New Year

• Like 5

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌤️ 🌬 🥶 here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋🏻‍♂️

Cosmo Kramer Seinfeld GIF by HULU

1%
Mostly sunny and not as cold; breezy this afternoon

RealFeel®16°

RealFeel Shade™15°

Max UV Index3 Moderate

WindSSW 14 mph

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I love it when you're not working on a shoot and you're stranded at home and chiming in all day.  Quit your job bro!

Me too man! I really do cherish these slower days, having MP open in a side tab, joining a group buy here and there as I work on pre-production at my own pace. Nice to see you've got some time back home yourself! 

Work From Home GIF

Random side note: I just saw that Napoleon was shot on the Angenieux EZ series (or at least partially) and I got a bit tickled because that's my go-to lens these days. Someone from corporate saw my rig a couple months back and asked my DP, "who approved this lens purchase, how did you get this?" 😂

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Angenieux EZ

20 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

"who approved this lens purchase, how did you get this?"

That's hilarious!!!  I love it.  

Your rig has come along way from re-housed still lenses.  That's amazing. 

I have to ask though, which one is in the case?  Or are there two?  With that zoom range you only need one, I guess.

Yeah, that S35 and Full Frame swap out is amazing.  Have you done that yet?  I read about it but haven't actually seen it in practice.

You can call me lame, but I'm still on primes 99% of the time.  We can still be friends.  :)

Congrats my friend.

• Like 2