IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be ☁️ 🌧️ 🌬 here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋🏻‍♂️

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Cloudy and mild with rain, mainly early; breezy this afternoon; rain and wet roads may lead to travel disruptions

RealFeel®42°

RealFeel Shade™42°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindS 14 mph

• Like 5

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/7/2024 at 9:41 PM, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Coppola’s Bram Stoker’s Dracula looks beautiful and tells the story in a pretty straightforward way

Went ahead and bought the steelbook. It was a bit of a journey, because the regular 4K was on sale on Amazon for $9.99, so I initially ordered that. Then I did some reading and discovered the regular 4K has player-generated subtitles and some lower quality footage in the beginning, which the steelbook apparently fixed—not to mention the inclusion of Dolby Vision. So I canceled the regular 4K and went for the steel.

All that to say, I'm excited to finally experience this movie. It looks trippy as hell.

Also... random story, was pulling out of the garage the other day, and found a Blu-ray player in the alley behind my house. It was sitting on a trash can with a light veneer of snow on top. Dried it out and hooked it up, still works! Kind of crazy to me that it was being thrown away.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

IMG_0534.thumb.jpg.7e64580d52964032053e090628c6fcf9.jpg

• Like 8

Good morning everyone!

Today 8ºC-14ºC (46.44ºF-57.2ºF), cloudy but almost no rain. 

Yesterday I was talking to someone who is at -16ºC (3.2ºF), and she was amused when I told her it was cold here. But it's funny how the body adapts. I remember the first time I was in Lithuania: I came out of the airport and got a -20ºC (-4ºF) slap in the face. The first day was terrible, I was having fun because it was new to me, but walking down the street around Vilnius Old Town, every now and then I would go into a café to take a break from the cold and have a hot drink. After three days it was still cold, but my body had adapted.

Human beings adapt to everything. Or almost everything. 

Which makes me think about other things, beyond temperatures. Sometimes adapting to something negative in life... is not good. From adaptability to conformism there is a step, a fine line, and adapting has to be used to progress, not to stand still.

Lately I find too many people with problems. After the pandemic, people became grumpier, more cynical, and it's common to find people who come from difficult personal stages, with problems, or who simply don't like the life around them. 

Don't forget: life is for living, and happiness is an option. 

But they don't fall like an apple from a tree. You have to get off your ass.

And if you expect other people to decide for you... you run the risk that they will.

Have a happy day!

Abundant%2520T&G%2520plain%2520March%252

• Like 6

On 1/8/2024 at 5:46 PM, BreakBeatDJ said:

My December 2023 was on par with yours . . . glad it's over.  Dog had cancer and had a surgery (successful!) got a similar virus to you, then had to make a long trip to FL to do some family maintenance, got flat tire on the way back in the middle of nowhere with a spare tire that was 17 years old.  Ugh.  Jan 2024 has been painless and wonderful with 1 week down.

I love snow. We had a major ice storm on Saturday, so not great for being out in it.  I hear they have snow in the Alps, your daughter needs to learn to snowboard!  😆

Glad to have you back, this place misses your poetic musings!  Hope your dad feels better.

I'm sorry you didn't have a good time. But I have to tell you that 2024 is going to be our big year. 

Get ready!

And yes, my daughter would love to learn how to snowboard. You can be sure of that. In fact, if she read your comment she'd be asking me right now. :D

The snow is only a two hour drive away. Not much, but sometimes it's enough.

Someday we have to go.

On 1/8/2024 at 9:21 PM, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Welcome back!  I’m sorry you had such a hard time but it’s great to see you here again!

Thank you!! 

I hope you have everything finalised at home!!! I now have to make some minor improvements, I've seen that I need some more furniture, and I'm going to add stores in some windows. But that's all, just minor work. 

Finally I can enjoy my movies again. Now I just need to put them back in order! And that's going to be the hardest job of all! 😂

• Like 6

Happy Hump Day All! That was a most righteous save @hansreinhardt!

Happy Wednesday Morning GIF

44 Days Until SwornFest

129 Days Until Texas Frightmare Weekend

149 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

185 Days Until Retro Expo

290 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

295 Days Until Halloween

323 Days Until Thanksgiving

350 Days Until Christmas

357 Days Until New Year

• Like 6

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be ☁️ 🌨️🥶 🌬 here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋🏻‍♂️

Folks we finally will have our last leg of our fiber internet put in Friday! 🙏 :)

animation glow GIF by Matthew Butler

55%
A bit of snow this morning with little or no accumulation; otherwise, low clouds, breezy and colder

RealFeel®27°

RealFeel Shade™27°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindWSW 15 mph

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Casiusco said:

I'm sorry you didn't have a good time. But I have to tell you that 2024 is going to be our big year. 

Get ready!

And yes, my daughter would love to learn how to snowboard. You can be sure of that. In fact, if she read your comment she'd be asking me right now. :D

The snow is only a two hour drive away. Not much, but sometimes it's enough.

Someday we have to go.

Thank you!! 

I hope you have everything finalised at home!!! I now have to make some minor improvements, I've seen that I need some more furniture, and I'm going to add stores in some windows. But that's all, just minor work. 

Finally I can enjoy my movies again. Now I just need to put them back in order! And that's going to be the hardest job of all! 😂

I have shelves up, alphabetized everything, kind of displaying all the movies.  I have pics but given some of the glorious stuff that gets shown off around here, I would be embarrassed to post them.  

I still need to put up posters.  Being an unwise person who plays with his toys and doesn’t worry about resale value, I’ve pulled all of the posters from movie sets that came with posters so that I can make a decision about which ones to post.  The room is so small that it will only be a few.  Also, the Prestige Blufans set is on the way and I’m almost positive that I want to put up the Great Danton poster that comes with it.  So many posters, very tough decisions.

Especially since it’s also the room that my son plays video games in, a friend gave us a light to put in there that actually looks pretty cool.  

IMG_0170.thumb.jpeg.6101981eb172d40497b40330453b19f8.jpeg

Once the posters go up, I actually will post the pathetic pics of the whole thing :)  

• Like 5

Weather here for the next week:

IMG_0303.thumb.jpeg.fb0265ca0896a89c4386778c11f602b5.jpeg

This . . . does not make me happy.

I’ve lived all over the eastern half of the US and I moved out of the northern part to get away from this madness!

Cool movie note:

IMG_0302.thumb.jpeg.4a1a957bbfe212f5b9acf82e293b22af.jpeg

Willem Dafoe finally gets his well deserved star!  Hard to think of anyone who’s been in more good movies over the course of the last 40 years.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Weather here for the next week:

IMG_0303.thumb.jpeg.fb0265ca0896a89c4386778c11f602b5.jpeg

This . . . does not make me happy.

I’ve lived all over the eastern half of the US and I moved out of the northern part to get away from this madness!

Cool movie note:

IMG_0302.thumb.jpeg.4a1a957bbfe212f5b9acf82e293b22af.jpeg

Willem Dafoe finally gets his well deserved star!  Hard to think of anyone who’s been in more good movies over the course of the last 40 years.

The Big Lebowski Whatever GIF Very Funny Lol GIF

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

So many posters, very tough decisions.

yeah man, I get it.  This topic comes up here regularly.   What to do with cool posters.  I went lobby cards for years, some beautiful stuff.  But didn’t know what to do with them other than store them and rotate a few to the wall now and then.   I’d rather have windows than wall space for posters myself.  

please put up pics, no doubt you’ve thought of some things that others haven’t.  Always good to see all phases of the collectors here.   

Edited by BreakBeatDJ
  • Like 7

25 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I have shelves up, alphabetized everything, kind of displaying all the movies.  I have pics but given some of the glorious stuff that gets shown off around here, I would be embarrassed to post them.  

I still need to put up posters.  Being an unwise person who plays with his toys and doesn’t worry about resale value, I’ve pulled all of the posters from movie sets that came with posters so that I can make a decision about which ones to post.  The room is so small that it will only be a few.  Also, the Prestige Blufans set is on the way and I’m almost positive that I want to put up the Great Danton poster that comes with it.  So many posters, very tough decisions.

Especially since it’s also the room that my son plays video games in, a friend gave us a light to put in there that actually looks pretty cool.  

IMG_0170.thumb.jpeg.6101981eb172d40497b40330453b19f8.jpeg

Once the posters go up, I actually will post the pathetic pics of the whole thing :)  

Go ahead and show your collection, I enjoy seeing all those that have the space and equipment to show, however I do not think it is right to put down any member that does not have the privilege to have these nice things (ME 😞) and this is just in general speaking and not meant to point any individual(s) out, as I would not do…

To me it is the movies that we watch that are the WINNERS IMHO! 🙌 📀 🎬

Edited by Veum
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

yeah man, I get it.  This topic comes up here regularly.   What to do with cool posters.  I went lobby cards for years, some beautiful stuff.  But didn’t know what to do with them other than store them and rotate a few to the wall now and then.   I’d rather have windows than wall space for posters myself.  

please put up pics, no doubt you’ve thought of some things that others haven’t.  Always good to see all phases of the collectors here.   

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about the cards too.  When I get time I’d actually like to pick some favorites and buy some small frames for them.  I’d honestly like to frame the favorite posters but it gets expensive.  

I will eventually post pics.  I needed a ton of shelving, all of my old wooden shelves were just in terrible shape.  To get what I needed to cover movies AND books (I have a ton and bookshelves are going all the way around the inside of the garage for those), I bought a bunch of these cheap guys:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0BXXK6JF5?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

IMG_0305.thumb.jpeg.3ef6846943196cac10b87ca2898b2277.jpeg

IMG_0306.thumb.jpeg.335e13dc173842edd1806287183bb57e.jpeg

Takes me about 2 hours to put one together.  The bottom of each cube is 4 metal bars with a sheet of fiber pulled across it.  And they’re fine if you put books or movies on them the way you traditionally would.  If you try to put something on the front facing out it sits funny, because it’s not a solid shelf all the way across, really.  Hard to explain.

Screw it, here’s an early, messy half attempt :)  

IMG_0162.thumb.jpeg.5660b89d92268e1eefcef074faa57ed2.jpeg

That’s just 4K stuff, plain Jane content behind the (hopefully) cooler stuff facing out, leaving some room for additions.  Have another shelf for blu ray, was really just buying movies and nothing premium before I got to 4K.  

An individual steelbook won’t stand on its own, have looked at stands for them but have the same weight distribution problem on the front.

Anyway, I know this is way too much information and I’m probably overthinking things but that’s the current status.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

IMG_0162.thumb.jpeg.5660b89d92268e1eefcef074faa57ed2.jpeg

That’s just 4K stuff, plain Jane content behind the (hopefully) cooler stuff facing out, leaving some room for additions.  Have another shelf for blu ray, was really just buying movies and nothing premium before I got to 4K.  

Dude! That looks awesome. I love how you've got the art facing forward, really lets each release shine. Super cool way to display your collection.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Dude! That looks awesome. I love how you've got the art facing forward, really lets each release shine. Super cool way to display your collection.

Thanks!  But the forward facing ones won’t stand up straight because of the shelf design and it drives me crazy.  I need to add some kind of panel that goes across the bottom of each shelf.  For the price I’m really happy with those shelves, just a slight design hiccup for the particular display function I want.  They’re perfect for my books.

• Like 6

:) 🤠 🎬 📀 📺 Fellows just wanted to let you know SUCCESS with my Stereo hook-up to my new TV today!…  a big SHOUT_OUT to our very good/helpful fox 🦊 @Basil Paul❣️🙌

Thank You so much Paul for your informative help… although I did leave my own surge-protector that handles our ROKU stick and our BD/4K players and they still work!! :)

Dance Celebrate GIF by Holler Studios

Edited by Veum
  • Like 6