IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌥️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🍁  🙋🏻‍♂️

black and white art GIF Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

0%
Cooler with intervals of clouds and sun

RealFeel®39°

RealFeel Shade™36°

Max UV Index2 Low

WindNNE 12 mph

• Like 5

I’m not 100% sure where to post this (maybe you guys can help (if necessary) @Gary K @ShadowWarrior @deckard99 ), but just in case there are some fellow Cronenberg fans out there, Vinegar Syndrome just dropped a pretty cool edition of eXistenZ.  I have no idea what it means that this will have a “flesh feel” but I’m looking forward to finding out.

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/frontpage/products/existenz

• Like 3

Good morning/afternoon everyone.

It's not raining, but it is colder than normal. Actually, it's not really cold, but the wind coming from northern Europe is freezing.

Yesterday the Christmas lights were turned on in my city. It is a tradition that brings many tourists, so I guess that from today the city center will be crowded with people, tourists, and it will be impossible to find a table with a little calm to eat or drink something. 

Conclusion?

Good day to go see Napoleon. 🤠

I need a break!

Have a great weekend all of you. And by the way, I hope the Psychos in the USA had a good Thanksgiving. ;) 

• Like 5

On 11/22/2023 at 6:11 PM, Heywoodmoutaw said:

It looks like better than yours, I’m so sorry.  Still no internet; the “construction team” came out yesterday and didn’t what they needed to do, now I need a tech to come back and run fiber into my house.

Back at work today, picking up a kitchen table that I’ll need to assemble at home.  So I still have to mount one television, put together a table, and assemble the shelves for the media room.  Then I can start unpacking all of the boxes that are still in my garage.  Things are moving, just slowly.

I have made progress, although as you told, everything is going slower than expected.

I have cable TV, internet connection, but... no toilet. And that's a problem. :D 

But on Monday/Tuesday everything will be finished. Finally!

Then I'll be able to start opening boxes like crazy. 

The bad thing is that, although they have been careful, in the end I have to thoroughly clean everything again before opening the boxes. And that's going to be quite a mess, dust everywhere, you know, until the last little corner.

Deep general cleaning.

But the end is near.

The only bad thing is that when I agreed the project a tech told me I had to redo the kitchen sink drain. Then another technician came to see the kitchen himself, before signing the contract, and said it wasn't necessary, that I could leave it like that.

Now I have put the kitchen, all the furniture and appliances, and now another different technician tell me that I have to redo it. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952rb2gqgcrbdpswbajpj

It would have been easier to fix it before. 

I hope your move and preparation of your new home is going well. ;) 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Casiusco said:

I have made progress, although as you told, everything is going slower than expected.

I have cable TV, internet connection, but... no toilet. And that's a problem. :D 

But on Monday/Tuesday everything will be finished. Finally!

Then I'll be able to start opening boxes like crazy. 

The bad thing is that, although they have been careful, in the end I have to thoroughly clean everything again before opening the boxes. And that's going to be quite a mess, dust everywhere, you know, until the last little corner.

Deep general cleaning.

But the end is near.

The only bad thing is that when I agreed the project a tech told me I had to redo the kitchen sink drain. Then another technician came to see the kitchen himself, before signing the contract, and said it wasn't necessary, that I could leave it like that.

Now I have put the kitchen, all the furniture and appliances, and now another different technician tell me that I have to redo it. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952rb2gqgcrbdpswbajpj

It would have been easier to fix it before. 

I hope your move and preparation of your new home is going well. ;) 

Holy cow, no toilet?  That seems much worse than the internet problem.  Sounds like everything else is coming along though.

Today we assembled a kitchen table.  Tonight and tomorrow I hope to finish assembling media room shelves.  At that point, we can populate those shelves, get the media room tv out of the box, hook up the PS5 etc. 

Then, maybe, I can unpack all of the boxes that are currently preventing me from parking in my garage.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

Good morning everybody happy weekend hope you all had a great thanksgiving. if you're going out in person to partake in the sales good luck take care and stay safe. 

Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars

My family went out and told me that there was surprisingly little traffic.  Don’t know if this is true in other places, obviously.  I wonder if more and more people are just participating in Black Friday online.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

My family went out and told me that there was surprisingly little traffic.  Don’t know if this is true in other places, obviously.  I wonder if more and more people are just participating in Black Friday online.

I would be curious to find out.  It's surprising how far behind some people are.  Did you know over 50% of all physical media sales are still DVD 

Surprised Owl GIF

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Yeah I've been reading the lines that would normally begin to form thanksgiving day in the evening haven't been as long or forming as early this year. I'm not surprised honestly as I've seen numerous comments on articles that the sales haven't been as impressive this year or people weren't spending as much either. I'd be curious to see what how good or bad black Friday sales were this year compared to others when it's all said and done.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jwhitm3 said:

I would be curious to find out.  It's surprising how far behind some people are.  Did you know over 50% of all physical media sales are still DVD 

Surprised Owl GIF

That’s crazy.  Makes me think that most physical media is being purchased by grandparents who shop at Walmart.  Which isn’t great for the future of physical media.

• Like 3

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌨️ ☁️ 🥶 here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🍁  🙋🏻‍♂️

Coffee Cafe GIF

88%
Occasional rain and drizzle

RealFeel®36°

RealFeel Shade™36°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindSW 8 mph

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

image.jpeg.cf8bffb9d3a8c61b460b5627186c7dfd.jpeg

:) 🤠 watched Blue Beetle 💿 🙏 

image.thumb.jpeg.f386dd0ad84ef4045d3904212f1475aa.jpeg

image.gif.ff8658edd74eed04c5e02f88cb09ab5a.gif  

watched Payback S1 E5 at the moment on BritBox 📺 

In the Footsteps of Killers S1 E3

RPU Road Policing Unit - Get an inside glimpse into the daily challenges of Britain’s traffic officers as they strive to maintain order on some of the UK’s busiest roadways.

S3 E1 In Halifax, a high speed pursuit after an uninsured drivers does not end well. Meanwhile in Leed, a stopped van courier fails to deliver the correct paperwork to the cops but also fail…

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

That’s crazy.  Makes me think that most physical media is being purchased by grandparents who shop at Walmart.  Which isn’t great for the future of physical media.

I think part of it is DVDs are so cheap now.  And maybe some people are confused about the difference and if they have all the right components to play blu ray or 4k

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Veum said:

image.jpeg.cf8bffb9d3a8c61b460b5627186c7dfd.jpeg

:) 🤠 watched Blue Beetle 💿 🙏 

image.thumb.jpeg.f386dd0ad84ef4045d3904212f1475aa.jpeg

image.gif.ff8658edd74eed04c5e02f88cb09ab5a.gif  

:) 🤠 💿 🪲 watched & went ahead and joined GB for DL “A” today! 😆

Warner Bros Beetle GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

Update: I like it, was a good popcorn 🍿 🧋film for me! :)

🪲

Warner Bros Beetle GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

:) Even broke down and ordered these today as a CYBER Monday deals:

Best Buy

Thor: Love and Thunder 4K (Blu-ray) Fast X 4K (Blu-ray)

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4