IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

@Hollywood E Rock @Casiusco @Benoit46

Black Widow can't come fast enough, eh?

original.gif

030a149672506fd066d9afe0e0fe17c2c0ce3b75

98d91c25da73558d1883a60b8ae70ccd.gif

It is going to be a very entertaining movie. From all the details that she has told me and @Hollywood E Rock, we know that she has put a lot of effort into making a good movie. In fact, she is probably one of the few actresses capable of making a strong superhero without having to exaggerate the force of her movements at every step. Because she is like that, capable of showing strength with a glance.

As for the future of this Marvel universe, I like so much to see so many Psychos so happy with this possibility, that I prefer to shut up. Also, I would have to end by saying what I think of some of the movies that have been made so far ...

Gru-Callado-75864.gif

Wait, I don't even have a Marvel movie at home!!

Human beings who do not have any can also talk about Marvel films?

dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused-Mark-Wahlb

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

THIN Tuesday

Reveal hidden contents

dsy0sVx.jpg

9PqXFQ3.jpg

Xt5r6hZ.jpg

hwwhIjV.jpg

YXZjdsr.jpg

FdX2XP1.jpg

raABsBa.jpg

cn5DLpf.jpg

vOVG92q.jpg

Nm7zT84.jpg

4eZOI34.jpg

WCVKBhC.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! Here’s to a beautiful day of love, peace, & the sweet inspirations of joy. Happy Tuesday!

giphy.gif

@Hollywood E Rock

Is it not still night time where you are? 😳🙃

• Haha 3

Awards

16 minutes ago, goose_3387 said:

@Hollywood E Rock

Is it not still night time where you are? 😳🙃

@goose_3387 

Well it’s kinda both morning & night. It’s currently 1:01am morning, but most normal people are very much sleep right now. Me though, I’m at night kinda individual. Since it’s the new day, my morning greeting while earlier is still appropriate 😁

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@goose_3387 

Well it’s kinda both morning & night. It’s currently 1:01am morning, but most normal people are very much sleep right now. Me though, I’m at night kinda individual. Since it’s the new day, my morning greeting while earlier is still appropriate 😁

@Hollywood E Rock

Well good morning then. 😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awards

7 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

THIN Tuesday

Reveal hidden contents

dsy0sVx.jpg

9PqXFQ3.jpg

Xt5r6hZ.jpg

hwwhIjV.jpg

YXZjdsr.jpg

FdX2XP1.jpg

raABsBa.jpg

cn5DLpf.jpg

vOVG92q.jpg

Nm7zT84.jpg

4eZOI34.jpg

WCVKBhC.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! Here’s to a beautiful day of love, peace, & the sweet inspirations of joy. Happy Tuesday!

giphy.gif

My favorite day!

Episode 5 Ross GIF by Friends

@goose_3387 am I too late for the party?

Miley Cyrus GIF

• Haha 7

16 hours ago, Casiusco said:

It is going to be a very entertaining movie. From all the details that she has told me and @Hollywood E Rock, we know that she has put a lot of effort into making a good movie. In fact, she is probably one of the few actresses capable of making a strong superhero without having to exaggerate the force of her movements at every step. Because she is like that, capable of showing strength with a glance.

giphy.gif

As for the future of this Marvel universe, I like so much to see so many Psychos so happy with this possibility, that I prefer to shut up. Also, I would have to end by saying what I think of some of the movies that have been made so far ...

Gru-Callado-75864.gif

Wait, I don't even have a Marvel movie at home!!

Human beings who do not have any can also talk about Marvel films?

dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused-Mark-Wahlb

Well considering your perspective is always thoughtful and interesting I would say that hearing what you have to say about The Marvel franchise could be enlightening. The franchise while entertaining & successful isn’t without flaws, plus hearing wait, you don’t own any of them? Not Winter Soldier? Not The Cultural Classic Black Panther? Not the cinematic season finally Infinity War/Endgame?

giphy.gif

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

THIN Tuesday

Reveal hidden contents

dsy0sVx.jpg

9PqXFQ3.jpg

Xt5r6hZ.jpg

hwwhIjV.jpg

YXZjdsr.jpg

FdX2XP1.jpg

raABsBa.jpg

cn5DLpf.jpg

vOVG92q.jpg

Nm7zT84.jpg

4eZOI34.jpg

WCVKBhC.jpg

giphy.gif

Will Smith GIF

• Haha 6

17 hours ago, RileyLad said:

True mate. Have you ever seen The man in the iron mask?

One of his lesser know flicks but quite good watch.

Comes on TV on Channel 5 the odd Sunday afternoon here in the UK...

@RileyLad It’s been so long since I’ve since “The Man In The Iron Mask” I can’t remember if I actually like it or not. It would be like I’m watching it for the first time again whenever I do see it again.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Squeegie McGee said:

@goose_3387 am I too late for the party?

Miley Cyrus GIF

giphy.gif

@goose_3387 I believe it’s safe to say the parties over, right?

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Well considering your perspective is always thoughtful and interesting I would say that hearing what you have to say about The Marvel franchise could be enlightening. The franchise while entertaining & successful isn’t without flaws, plus hearing wait, you don’t own any of them? Not Winter Soldier? Not The Cultural Classic Black Panther? Not the cinematic season finally Infinity War/Endgame?

Now is when my mother would tell me that I like to get into all the puddles. ;) 

In my opinion, the Marvel franchise has a problem: a long time ago they decided to be just a money-making machine, supported by such a loyal audience that sometimes -many people, not all, obviously- think more about completing the Marvel universe, than in what is really in front of them, in the single movie that they are really seeing. And if they would think the same of this film if it were a movie made by another studio without having anything to do with Marvel.

I don't have any edition of these films at home; I had fun with some, and others seemed boring. Some are very well done, with great talent; and others were manufactured industrially, varying the recipe a little more with market criteria than with artistic criteria.

Deep down, in my opinion, this fact is connected to part of what Scorsese said. And it is that, at some point, it was decided to stop making movies, and started to make roller coasters; funny, yes, and that offer an entertainment option as valid, dignified and consistent as others, absolutely; but abandoning a certain cinematographic perspective, to simply, supported by a great mountain of talent on the payroll, repeat the same recipe; sometimes with more dissimulation, others less.

Of course there are exceptions, but I try to speak in general, without going into evaluating film by film.

And the challenge, or doubt, that the franchise has right now, is where it wants to continue.

Obviously, fans who have been enthusiastic about the Marvel Universe so far deserve to see more, and the box office data and other sales are incontestable. But, at the same time, market logic (precisely market logic...) tells us that if we insist on following such a specific and sometimes repetitive path (yes, with more or less dissimulation ...), at some point it will wear out, and the franchise will be burned out.

What to do? Offer more of the same, including those existing variations, or turn the wheel hard?

What's more: is there really another place to go?

I believe that as long as the figures are so good, we will continue to try to squeeze this Universe in the same line that has been followed up until now. But that is the worrying thing, that they think of "squeezing" and not of "developing".

The world of superheroes, and the Marvel Universe as its biggest example, has been around for a long time, and will continue to exist. I'm sure. Only, from time to time, environment and culture change, and you have to adapt. So the question is: has that time come, or can we still go on?

I think it can continue like this, taking advantage of both some very powerful secondary characters, as well as the complementarity of the main characters, and continue to fill in that universe.

And the fans are going to be very happy. And I'll be glad to see you here getting your long-sought editions, and showing such beautiful (magnificient) figures.

But what I have no doubt, at the same time, is that this cannot be eternal. And that they are thinking more about the money than the franchise.

In my case, although I respect it, and I had a great time watching some movies from the Marvel Universe, especially the first, with others I just passed the time; with others I was very bored, and some even seemed vulgar to me. And a couple seem to me -directly- a fraud.

But, to finish this reflection, I think that when talking about this type of universes, or sagas, and when talking about their fans, we should think of something that in Spain we call "completism", when you watch or buy a movie only -or mainly- to complete a saga, or the collection. And maybe, before talking about such a wide Universe, we should reflect on how many of those films are there by themselves, and how many just to complete the universe.

Still, these things are very personal, very subjective, and there are no sagas more important than others, but happy psychos, with whatever.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY

WET Wednesday

Reveal hidden contents

W4Ts60Y.jpg

jAFpQvF.jpg

uGQAKch.jpg

BDmLKN1.jpg

V5vVM7Q.jpg

SlZkPXG.jpg

Sg3Kc2C.jpg

gK22K3Y.jpg

V6Ao5XQ.jpg

Ws8WLQ5.jpg

6EQKzuP.jpg

V99Lrzu.jpg

0X4g4tZ.jpg

ZBljSUo.jpg

tLwo3tt.jpg

U44GUzS.jpg

pkTFNV9.jpg

xXROfqh.jpg

Mp9NdfT.jpg

rDJgWWW.jpg

0cQnO8H.jpg

zag8dAz.jpg

fRNvjyl.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! Another day to give thanks, remember your existence matters. HAPPY Wednesday!

giphy.gif

Sweating Lisa Kudrow GIF by The Comeback HBO

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY

WET Wednesday

Reveal hidden contents

W4Ts60Y.jpg

jAFpQvF.jpg

uGQAKch.jpg

BDmLKN1.jpg

V5vVM7Q.jpg

SlZkPXG.jpg

Sg3Kc2C.jpg

gK22K3Y.jpg

V6Ao5XQ.jpg

Ws8WLQ5.jpg

6EQKzuP.jpg

V99Lrzu.jpg

0X4g4tZ.jpg

ZBljSUo.jpg

tLwo3tt.jpg

U44GUzS.jpg

pkTFNV9.jpg

xXROfqh.jpg

Mp9NdfT.jpg

rDJgWWW.jpg

0cQnO8H.jpg

zag8dAz.jpg

fRNvjyl.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! Another day to give thanks, remember your existence matters. HAPPY Wednesday!

giphy.gif

Omg GIF by WE tv

• Haha 5