IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I was going through my collection for a while, taking some editions in my hands, opening them, taking everything out before putting it back in its place; touching, smelling, comparing. Wondering how beautiful some are.

And I remembered those of you who don't open them or don't  unseal them.

I'm not able. Absolutely. I love to open them, carefully, and examine them like the first time over and over again.

Caress-Arwen-3-arthur-and-gwen-32796364-

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Casiusco

What you expressed in your post is something I’ve noticed also when it comes to seeking information about something I’m trying to purchase.

I wish I had a clear answer, but what I do know is it’s a little frustrating listening to someone ramble for mins & then get on topic at the end of the video. My guess is the video creators have things to get off their chest & they’re using review videos as a means to do so. 

What’s on their mind is really what’s important to them & the review itself is secondary which could be the reason why whatever they’re reviewing takes a back seat. At least it seems that way.

I think this could be because the video creators may be under the impression that most of their audiences is seasoned collectors & they know that information already. A lot of us are double dipping on these movies & the disc info is similar from set to set. I still would prefer that the info was given though.

I guess they are trying not to make the video to long so they choose to brush over or just out right exclude some of the content from the set. Or maybe they themselves aren’t very interested in the goodies so they just show the parts of the sets that they are interested in. Doesn’t make for the most informative review, but if these are the reasons then I understand.

I’ve noticed on more than one occasion that I’m curious about a particular set. Actually not just movies sets, but other stuff as well. I find myself going to multiple different sources to have a complete idea of the item because different reviewers are only reviewing a part of the item. It’s not a huge deal, but definitely something like you, I pondered about from time to time.

One thing that many times is not taken into account in reviews, unboxings, and sometimes not even in stores, is that most of the population of this planet does not speak English, or not at a level enough to not need audio or subtitles in another language.

The mere fact that sometimes there is someone at home who does not speak English can already lead you to have to look for a specific edition.

And even though this a very important element when it comes to offering valuable information, or even when it comes to strengthening sales, there is often no exact reliable information on the market. Even some distributors include more languages in the disc than they indicate in the back cover.

I will never understand. It is losing sales. And visits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Psycho Bunny said:

No one can stop me

tenor.gif

sarcastic cheering GIF

3 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Last night I was going through my collection for a while, taking some editions in my hands, opening them, taking everything out before putting it back in its place; touching, smelling, comparing. Wondering how beautiful some are.

And I remembered those of you who don't open them or don't  unseal them.

I'm not able. Absolutely. I love to open them, carefully, and examine them like the first time over and over again.

Caress-Arwen-3-arthur-and-gwen-32796364-

help me cat GIF

3 hours ago, Casiusco said:

One thing that many times is not taken into account in reviews, unboxings, and sometimes not even in stores, is that most of the population of this planet does not speak English, or not at a level enough to not need audio or subtitles in another language.

The mere fact that sometimes there is someone at home who does not speak English can already lead you to have to look for a specific edition.

And even though this a very important element when it comes to offering valuable information, or even when it comes to strengthening sales, there is often no exact reliable information on the market. Even some distributors include more languages in the disc than they indicate in the back cover.

I will never understand. It is losing sales. And visits.

Well @Casiusco the English language is...

English is an official language in 57 countries in the world, as well as the official and native language of four others. Among these 57 countries, English is also a primary language in 20. This ought to give you an idea of how English became the universal language.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Veum said:

Well @Casiusco the English language is...

I was not really saying it because a language may be more important or not, but when you are talking about business (and the sale of editions, large instagram accounts, or youtubers... are a business) you have to be pragmatic.

It's business.

If something simple can give you better performance, or better productivity, go for it! 

Never dig unnecessary trenches.

If a lot of people watch your videos or reviews to find out if they want to buy an edition, then... give them good information, as complete as you can, your numbers will improve.

Does a review make sense where everything that that disc includes is not detailed?

An example: there are many (really many...) FOX editions in many countries (USA, France, UK, ... etc) that include Spanish but don't ndicate it in the back cover. Why do that???? You lose sales for nothing. Be pragmatic, put them all, add as many clients as you can.

We must add, dear Veum. In this life you have to add. ;) 

PS: And by the way, if we start talking about languages ... maybe someday you and I have to.... sign up for a Chinese language course 😎

https://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/the-10-most-spoken-languages-in-the-world

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

I was not really saying it because a language may be more important or not, but when you are talking about business (and the sale of editions, large instagram accounts, or youtubers... are a business) you have to be pragmatic.

It's business.

If something simple can give you better performance, or better productivity, go for it! 

Never dig unnecessary trenches.

If a lot of people watch your videos or reviews to find out if they want to buy an edition, then... give them good information, as complete as you can, your numbers will improve.

Does a review make sense where everything that that disc includes is not detailed?

An example: there are many (really many...) FOX editions in many countries (USA, France, UK, ... etc) that include Spanish but don't ndicate it in the back cover. Why do that???? You lose sales for nothing. Be pragmatic, put them all, add as many clients as you can.

We must add, dear Veum. In this life you have to add. ;) 

PS: And by the way, if we start talking about languages ... maybe someday you and I have to.... sign up for a Chinese language course 😎

https://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/the-10-most-spoken-languages-in-the-world

Yes I agree retailers should include on their back page “all” languages they have provided...

As far as learning another language, aw, probably not b/c...

stupid the wizard of oz GIF

• Haha 2

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

@Veum, does this mean that you have survived?

:D 

tenor.gif?itemid=10187359

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Is it you this afternoon? :D

injekcija-kod-zubara.gif

@Casiusco, back from dentist and it was part of my tooth that broke off not the filling... will need a crown put on it, oh my 😏

going to have to go back for the procedure (they make your own crown right there in their own lab). 😚

it hurts this more then the procedure...

2 Chainz Pockets GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

• Haha 2

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 
FIT FRIDAY 

Spoiler

zEXzS9F.jpg

jj6Vx2D.jpg

DEPF5SK.jpg

QoHEhQJ.jpg

KSJKPEs.jpg

qS8RH5r.jpg

Qsc7iYl.jpg

ZD7MXgy.jpg

Bcw2NNS.jpg

dxOsVgQ.jpg

JuB1xxj.jpg

slK2HD4.jpg

RFfv63L.jpg

ABpmdFn.jpg

@Trianna @Scary Hair

Spoiler

1kQs7qb.jpg

E5nMd4a.jpg

SDz4u3d.jpg

bAOjqqT.jpg

eMXhtQo.jpg

kAT7Bmu.jpg

IALDjbN.jpg

WG5e2oj.jpg

I7cjrRK.jpg

6BXMPHo.jpg

vGObMFF.jpg

Oy5x4BP.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! Today is the day to wash away all the stresses of the week! Here’s to everyone having  a Fantastic Friday!

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@Casiusco, back from dentist and it was part of my tooth that broke off not the filling... will need a crown put on it, oh my 😏

going to have to go back for the procedure (they make your own crown right there in their own lab). 😚

it hurts this more then the procedure...

2 Chainz Pockets GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Oh, sorry...

Whenever I go to a place like this and they tell me that they have to do something to me, and the price, I remember that I'm in the wrong profession. (#%$&!!!!)

Still, @Veum, you can always tell them to send you a quote in which the price is not in dollars, but in how many HDZeta or Mantalab editions you will have to give him/her.

If people pay in Bitcoins, why not? This is much more interesting. :D 

The day everything is over, all begin again... and then the Psychos rule the world, it will be paid  with collector's editions , except for small purchases -that were previously made with coins- where you will pay with your old basic editions.

tenor.gif?itemid=5072579

Edited by Casiusco
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

I do know Dave Bautista collects lunch boxes.

Okay this one comment from Bautista... “it’s worth a lot of money but to me it’s just cool AF.”

LOVE that. And how I feel about some of my stuff. Though I did have to sell off some basketball cards because rich collectors got involved this year and suddenly they were worth too much money for me to hold on to. 

• Like 2