IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

2 hours ago, Casiusco said:

I have been thinking about the space problems that many Psychos have... as well in the usual rhythm of shopping of people here. And I have come to the conclusion that a new GB must be opened: mortgages for a new house.

Or a GB of larger houses. 

In fact, maybe the most economically profitable would be to buy a large piece of land together, and set up our community there. Advantages:

• Custom designed houses to store and exhibit thousands of editions.
  • Shipping costs would be drastically reduced because hundreds of editions would all go there. A HUB wouldn't even needed!!!
  • It would add a new value to the memberships: if you are Gold you have the best views, but if you are Platinum you have the right to use the pool..........
  • We could meet the @Hollywood E Rock neighbors. Or, directly, go all together with him to take the photos.
  • Maybe one day Tarantino will make us a movie starring Leo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt.
  • Community dinner on Fridays, games and desserts; cinema on Saturdays (we take turns deciding the movie), and each Sunday we would eat food from a different country.
  • First & Second Hand Market in the square on Wednesday afternoons before the Champions League.
  • A gift from the community on birthday.
  • The children would meet other children from families with good taste. Disney Channel banned.
  • Instead of going to the neighbor to ask for salt ... you would ask him for a cover for a One Click.
  • We would buy very cheap shelving by buying in bulk for everyone.
  • The courier services would set up an exclusive route for us.
  • Some of you might meet Scarlett when she comes to bring Christmas cards to some of us....
  • We would organize a big party for all the divorced or abandoned members by their partners, and we would give them a good load of ramen.
  • All women would have perfect neighbors for their still single friends; as well men would meet fantastic girls for their friends.
  • We would celebrate all the holidays in the world: the national day of all countries, all Christmas celebrations and traditions, New Year's Eve, summer, winter, spring ... All.
  • We can organize a sport match on Sunday mornings divided in two teams. HDZeta vs. Filmarena. When finished, all go to the barbecue.
  • Every time a GB is opened, a siren will sound like those of war attacks, and we will be able to register by raising our hands in the town square.
  • If we want more than one unit, both hands must be raised. If you want four, the legs are raised too. If you want five, we'll see.
  • We will set up a garden to be a sustainable town. In case someone scam us, the orchard will benefit from new compost.
  • Every time someone new comes to our community we will all dress in white, organize a picnic dinner, and we will all watch "Midsommar" together.
  • If someone needs more space for more movies, TV series, or figures, he/she should raise it with the community. It will be discussed among all, and if we think it is justified, we will all help him/her to build a new annex to his/her house. We are all Psychos!!!
  • Every time a child is born, they will be named with a movie character name, and his/her parents will receive a 4K steelbook edition of that movie. When they turn 6, all children will receive the booklet and cards. At 14, they will receive the full slip. And at age 18, we will give them a lenticular. There they will have to prove that they are true Psychos, and with eyes covered -just smelling- they have to distinguish between a single and a one click edition. If they fail once, they will clean everyone's house for a month. If they fail in the second round as well, they will be kicked out of the community until they earn a large collection out of here. If this happens in the same family to more than one child, their parents will walk crestfallen through the town, and we will throw them old DVD J-cards shouting: "Shame !! Shame !!".
  • When someone doesn't pay an invoice in 24 hours, the rest of the town will take turns knocking on their door. If after 48 hours they have not paid, the rest of the Psychos will have the right to enter their house and take freely an edition. If they don't pay after 72 hours, they must show their regret and get another GB exclusive for the community. Meanwhile, they will not be able to return.
  • There will be religious freedom, but we will all show respect when walking in front of the house of the Psycho with the most important collection.
  • When someone gets a "holy grail", the rest of the Psychos will bring cakes and good food to their doorstep.
  • If someone becomes ill, and has to go to the hospital, a psycho from each house will go to the hospital to pressure the doctor to give him exclusive care.
  • We will greet each other saying: "Have something nice come to you today!".
  • Once a year we will burn 100 plastic cases of DVD-Blu-ray or 4K editions to ward off evil spirits.
  • Every time an actor, director, or famous person important to a Psycho dies, we will accompany him/her to plant a tree.
  • Everyone will be able to participate in the Santa Claus activity just by crossing the street.
  • We can turn up the volume of the home cinema as much as we want.
  • Televisions of less than 65 ”will be absolutely prohibited.
  • If a package arrives dented or broken, we will execute the courier.

And most importantly: this thread would disappear, and "This and That" would be the name of the bar in the center of town.

We could also set up another bar so we can ask silly things...

Does anyone dare? ;) 

OMG!!! That’s awesome hermano!!!... Hahahahaaa...

What an anazing post... You should make it a thread!! Or save it somewhere!!! xD

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 31k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Casiusco said:

I have been thinking about the space problems that many Psychos have... as well in the usual rhythm of shopping of people here. And I have come to the conclusion that a new GB must be opened: mortgages for a new house.

Or a GB of larger houses. 

In fact, maybe the most economically profitable would be to buy a large piece of land together, and set up our community there. Advantages:

• Custom designed houses to store and exhibit thousands of editions.
  • Shipping costs would be drastically reduced because hundreds of editions would all go there. A HUB wouldn't even needed!!!
  • It would add a new value to the memberships: if you are Gold you have the best views, but if you are Platinum you have the right to use the pool..........
  • We could meet the @Hollywood E Rock neighbors. Or, directly, go all together with him to take the photos.
  • Maybe one day Tarantino will make us a movie starring Leo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt.
  • Community dinner on Fridays, games and desserts; cinema on Saturdays (we take turns deciding the movie), and each Sunday we would eat food from a different country.
  • First & Second Hand Market in the square on Wednesday afternoons before the Champions League.
  • A gift from the community on birthday.
  • The children would meet other children from families with good taste. Disney Channel banned.
  • Instead of going to the neighbor to ask for salt ... you would ask him for a cover for a One Click.
  • We would buy very cheap shelving by buying in bulk for everyone.
  • The courier services would set up an exclusive route for us.
  • Some of you might meet Scarlett when she comes to bring Christmas cards to some of us....
  • We would organize a big party for all the divorced or abandoned members by their partners, and we would give them a good load of ramen.
  • All women would have perfect neighbors for their still single friends; as well men would meet fantastic girls for their friends.
  • We would celebrate all the holidays in the world: the national day of all countries, all Christmas celebrations and traditions, New Year's Eve, summer, winter, spring ... All.
  • We can organize a sport match on Sunday mornings divided in two teams. HDZeta vs. Filmarena. When finished, all go to the barbecue.
  • Every time a GB is opened, a siren will sound like those of war attacks, and we will be able to register by raising our hands in the town square.
  • If we want more than one unit, both hands must be raised. If you want four, the legs are raised too. If you want five, we'll see.
  • We will set up a garden to be a sustainable town. In case someone scam us, the orchard will benefit from new compost.
  • Every time someone new comes to our community we will all dress in white, organize a picnic dinner, and we will all watch "Midsommar" together.
  • If someone needs more space for more movies, TV series, or figures, he/she should raise it with the community. It will be discussed among all, and if we think it is justified, we will all help him/her to build a new annex to his/her house. We are all Psychos!!!
  • Every time a child is born, they will be named with a movie character name, and his/her parents will receive a 4K steelbook edition of that movie. When they turn 6, all children will receive the booklet and cards. At 14, they will receive the full slip. And at age 18, we will give them a lenticular. There they will have to prove that they are true Psychos, and with eyes covered -just smelling- they have to distinguish between a single and a one click edition. If they fail once, they will clean everyone's house for a month. If they fail in the second round as well, they will be kicked out of the community until they earn a large collection out of here. If this happens in the same family to more than one child, their parents will walk crestfallen through the town, and we will throw them old DVD J-cards shouting: "Shame !! Shame !!".
  • When someone doesn't pay an invoice in 24 hours, the rest of the town will take turns knocking on their door. If after 48 hours they have not paid, the rest of the Psychos will have the right to enter their house and take freely an edition. If they don't pay after 72 hours, they must show their regret and get another GB exclusive for the community. Meanwhile, they will not be able to return.
  • There will be religious freedom, but we will all show respect when walking in front of the house of the Psycho with the most important collection.
  • When someone gets a "holy grail", the rest of the Psychos will bring cakes and good food to their doorstep.
  • If someone becomes ill, and has to go to the hospital, a psycho from each house will go to the hospital to pressure the doctor to give him exclusive care.
  • We will greet each other saying: "Have something nice come to you today!".
  • Once a year we will burn 100 plastic cases of DVD-Blu-ray or 4K editions to ward off evil spirits.
  • Every time an actor, director, or famous person important to a Psycho dies, we will accompany him/her to plant a tree.
  • Everyone will be able to participate in the Santa Claus activity just by crossing the street.
  • We can turn up the volume of the home cinema as much as we want.
  • Televisions of less than 65 ”will be absolutely prohibited.
  • If a package arrives dented or broken, we will execute the courier.

And most importantly: this thread would disappear, and "This and That" would be the name of the bar in the center of town.

We could also set up another bar so we can ask silly things...

Does anyone dare? ;) 

@Casiusco

Simply brilliant! 

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@Fortis93

You know birthdays are important because it gives us a chance to celebrate the important people in our lives arrival on Earth. It’s a chance to reflect on their footsteps that got them to where they are currently. To learn from mistakes & to celebrate all the accomplishments that one has achieved. 

I don’t know all your accomplishments, nor I’m I familiar with all your failures, but what I do know is that your presence here on this site has been nothing but positive. The English Room is an even more satisfying experience because of your contribution.

This Threads heartbeat is stronger than before because your existence matters. If I was going to make a list of all the Psychos I feel I need to meet in person & enjoy a movie with you’re definitely on that list. I hope your day was truly pleasant. 

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Fortis93

You know birthdays are important because it gives us a chance to celebrate the important people in our lives arrival on Earth. It’s a chance to reflect on their footsteps that got them to where they are currently. To learn from mistakes & to celebrate all the accomplishments that one has achieved. 

I don’t know all your accomplishments, nor I’m I familiar with all your failures, but what I do know is that your presence here on this site has been nothing but positive. The English Room is an even more satisfying experience because of your contribution.

This Threads heartbeat is stronger than before because your existence matters. If I was going to make a list of all the Psychos I feel I need to meet in person & enjoy a movie with you’re definitely on that list. I hope your day was truly pleasant. 

Oh, wow, man. You almost have me blushing here. xD

I really appreciate the birthday wishes, but even more so, I appreciate the way this wonderful community has welcomed me and taken me in since joining.

I've met so many great people, from all different backgrounds, united by their love of films and collecting them. People who've broadened my own horizons, not just in terms of realising the scale and sheer variety of premium editions that are out there waiting to be bought, but the different viewpoints, attitudes, values and beliefs of many here.

And in spite of these differences, people still manage to engage in civil, respectful discourse with one another (outside of the usual sh1t shooting that occurs here, of course, but I think that's a by product of the level of respect and trust the members have here for one another).

If there is a positivity that I'm contributing here, then I'm merely reflecting back the exact same positivity that I have received from this community and its wonderful members thus far. I feel it is only fair to put back or pay forward what was given to me.

So, thank you.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 7

Happy Birthday @Fortis93

I hope today at home you are being treated like a king...

F0uvYzyr2a7Li.gif.acd3896314b6149b25009e54465dc2ef.gif

I'm afraid I'm not quite as good with words as @Hollywood E Rock or @Casiusco

But you know I love ya Elias mate! 

I'll just stick to what I'm used too and post a slight cheeky, mildly sexist/offensive degrading, borderline delectable content gif (Claudia please don't delete 🤣😘)

tenor-7.gif.8325277a6f7e238abf88c8cade738629.gif

Though I'd missed it when I first logged on MP at 11.30 pm last night 🤣

yellowoctopus-happy-birthday-from-australia-funny-3.png.1f511a4e8e9f2e6247819f34cf7c694c.png

Even tho your halfway around the world to me, we can still play a drinking game....

images.jpeg-3.jpg.2e7f4a87e2048e8f3ca855989e4deabd.jpg

And I'd like to be the first one to kick this off.....

MZvTJHP0xz5ishFpYJ.gif.af5f77ec90a32898ad8bea1ae041efcf.gif

Now go get yourself a cold one buddy...

@Basil, @Veum @Casiusco, @Hollywood E Rock, @extantsrevenge@Benoit46 @RAK  and anyone else who wants to get @Fortis93 a beer 🍺 

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

@RileyLad Cheers, mate!

And don't sell yourself short; you, too, have your own way with words (and gifs)! xD

It's very much appreciated. And I've got to say, you're probably one of the most Australian non-Australians I've met (and I mean that in the best way possible). You're a true bloke. xD

And I couldn't finish my birthday letting my MP brothers and sisters down, so I treated myself to a bit of premium/movie purchasing binge (what a mate of mine likes to call 'retail therapy'). 

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

It's very much appreciated. And I've got to say, you're probably one of the most Australian non-Australians I've met (and I mean that in the best way possible). You're a true bloke. xD

Cheers bro, I'll drink to that.. 

aIBTjfAV7neUw.gif.e83956fc31846865df51c7f234b5fa85.gif

@extantsrevenge we need a high five emoji at some point please 🙏 🙌

20201205_095523.thumb.jpg.09fcd032f97e49a705792325a8cb26b8.jpg

5 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

And I couldn't finish my birthday letting my MP brothers and sisters down, so I treated myself to a bit of premium/movie purchasing binge (what a mate of mine likes to call 'retail therapy'). 

Good lad, thats what we like to hear...

Now go get another cold one....

12bkW04lYGVB3q.gif.a984fd5a1838db99d78aa5f33a570cdc.gif

3o6Zt4eoYEgOtPX9DO.gif.9fed93a63dc786eb789403284493ed27.gif

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 9

6 minutes ago, Trianna said:

Also very belated Happy Birthday @Fortis93 ! Can I call you the c-word, I'm gonna do it...Crocodile-Dundee

538adbcec09489884dddd852598385db.jpeg

You're the best Australian I personally know! Also the only one but also the best one! 

Thank you, Ocean Queen!

And you can call me the c-word, though I'm probably not as manly and rugged as that dude. (I have been called the other c-word before by my mates, but we're kind of weird down here in that it's used as both an insult and term of endearment). xD

And as for being the one and only Aussie you've met, hopefully I've done an adequate job at representing (a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶f̶u̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶e̶r̶s̶). xD

• Haha 6

18 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Thank you, Ocean Queen!

And you can call me the c-word, though I'm probably not as manly and rugged as that dude. (I have been called the other c-word before by my mates, but we're kind of weird down here in that it's used as both an insult and term of endearment). xD

And as for being the one and only Aussie you've met, hopefully I've done an adequate job at representing (a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶f̶u̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶e̶r̶s̶). xD

I think you set the bar way too high even considering that other c

netflix downsize GIF by NailedIt

• Haha 5