IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning English room. 👋

4 hours ago, Basil said:

well this lockdown stuff is starting to get boring

I hear you @Basil lad...

FB_IMG_1605958189442.thumb.jpg.b66184ed08b1c6ff86221326281e6fd7.jpg

Or....

FB_IMG_1605865224489.jpg.e2d034b97e82d9935df5504e19b17a2d.jpg

Gotta keep ya sense of humour about it all....

😅🤣

2 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

Mate, just order a shite tonne of premiums if finances permit themselves to keep you occupied. xD

@Fortis93 - I love your attitude mate...

20201121_113706.gif.40e50283893f23b8ebdde84e0dc51705.gif

It's....

l1KuhBCqxOoJyr0m4.gif.e4335bc6f02213402c17e7cbe1ee978a.gif

I hope you manage to pick up a UHD Club Dunkirk lenti digipak like @LeGonze showed off the other day...

Were all double dippers around here mate..  

Ae7SI3LoPYj8Q.gif.8845e7b344ca838a4671829eb7f97962.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

24 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

I hope you manage to pick up a UHD Club Dunkirk lenti digipak like @LeGonze showed off the other day...

Were all double dippers around here mate..  

Ae7SI3LoPYj8Q.gif.8845e7b344ca838a4671829eb7f97962.gif

I feel like I have to now. 

Otherwise, I don't think I'd be able to live with myself. Don't think I'd be able to wake up in the morning and respect the rather handsome, masked man looking back at me in the mirror.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

Mate, just order a shite tonne of premiums if finances permit themselves to keep you occupied. xD

Between jokes sometimes a much deeper reality stands out. Fortunately, sometimes a messenger knocking on the door, and a beautiful edition in the hands, can change the color of a dark or boring day, some bad feelings, or even a terrifying cloud.

Someone once told me that this is childish. That taking comfort from something like a collector edition is ridiculous. And there I looked into the eyes of someone terribly wrong. 

Feeling how the clouds disappear and the sun comes out with something like this ... it's not a sign of weakness, or immaturity. And not being able to see it speaks to the limitations of these types of people.

No.

It's only a sample of good taste, sensitivity, and empathy with the good and beautiful things in life.

We are such sensitive people, and so connected to an art, that no matter how bad things go some days, or boring; something beautiful for the first time in front of us -or in our hands- can change our faces.

But not everyone has that sensitivity, or that empathy, or the ability to value what is in front of them.

Maybe in some future generation they also will be able to evolve. Or they are simply the end of the previous step of human evolution.

giphy.gif?ssl=1

dI9F6UFwaQPMUuPBD6yxszdK0lrf4TX5SnomtYYx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

@Casiusco Once again, you are pregnant with insights and wisdom that many of us can only dream of.

26 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Someone once told me that this is childish. That taking comfort from something like a collector edition is ridiculous. And there I looked into the eyes of someone terribly wrong. 

And as for this, I leave everyone here with apt quote from the great and inimitable C.S. Lewis,

Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves.

To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.

And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms.

Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development.

When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so.

Now that I am fifty I read them openly.

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It's not just about happiness and innocence either — being more childlike also helps us to be more creative, more imaginative, more innovative and open to worlds of possibilities. Consider: as children, we are naturally imaginative, curious, able to play without a worry in our minds.

“The most sophisticated people I know - inside they are all children. ” 
 Jim Henson

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

Between jokes sometimes a much deeper reality stands out. Fortunately, sometimes a messenger knocking on the door, and a beautiful edition in the hands, can change the color of a dark or boring day, some bad feelings, or even a terrifying cloud.

Feeling how the clouds disappear and the sun comes out with something like this ... it's not a sign of weakness, or immaturity. And not being able to see it speaks to the limitations of these types of people.

No.

It's only a sample of good taste, sensitivity, and empathy with the good and beautiful things in life.

We are such sensitive people, and so connected to an art, that no matter how bad things go some days, or boring; something beautiful for the first time in front of us -or in our hands- can change our faces.

But not everyone has that sensitivity, or that empathy, or the ability to value what is in front of them.

Maybe in some future generation they also will be able to evolve. Or they are simply the end of the previous step of human evolution.

giphy.gif?ssl=1

dI9F6UFwaQPMUuPBD6yxszdK0lrf4TX5SnomtYYx

@Casiusco

Always classing this place up with your wonderful posts. 

giphy.gif

Spoiler
On 11/19/2020 at 5:52 AM, Casiusco said:

Morally, I have one goal in life: to help @Hollywood E Rock to take his photos. It's a lot of work, too much, and he doesn't have to carry that weight alone.

On the journey to understand the complexities of all that is Beautiful, one couldn’t ask for a better partner.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, SilentasKnight said:

That couldn't of been said in a more eloquent, coherent, intelligible and lucid way @Casiusco. Well put my friend!

@SilentasKnight

giphy.gif

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

@Casiusco Once again, you are pregnant with insights and wisdom that many of us can only dream of.

And as for this, I leave everyone here with apt quote from the great and inimitable C.S. Lewis,

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves.

To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.

Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development.

When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so.

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

@Fortis93

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Basil said:

no it dont just paying off £3000 on new sofas and i is in the poor house for a while now 🙄

but my bum is now comfortable now xDxDxD 

@Basil

giphy.gif

Spoiler

It's not just about happiness and innocence either — being more childlike also helps us to be more creative, more imaginative, more innovative and open to worlds of possibilities. Consider: as children, we are naturally imaginative, curious, able to play without a worry in our minds.”

The most sophisticated people I know - inside they are all children. ” 
 Jim Henson

@Veum

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves.

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Shining. I did not know this text. Thanks a lot. You always have the right resource.;) 

55 minutes ago, Veum said:

It's not just about happiness and innocence either — being more childlike also helps us to be more creative, more imaginative, more innovative and open to worlds of possibilities. Consider: as children, we are naturally imaginative, curious, able to play without a worry in our minds.

Absolutely true, and real. Sometimes it seems that in this world everything leads to not being creative: the educational system and society seem designed to cut off any creative instinct or potential creative skills. 

You are good if you are like the others.

Or as Sir Ken Robinson said, "everything is prepared so that in case of success we are manufacturing more university professors, but only that".

55 minutes ago, Veum said:

“The most sophisticated people I know - inside they are all children. ” 
 Jim Henson

I'm agree. 

In personal life, people who are insensitive, or averse to letting go of something of the child that we all have inside, that sensitivity, or even that fragility, have never seemed to me to be trustworthy. 

• Like 4

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

Satisfying Sunday

Spoiler

0cRUwji.jpg

ptsItiM.jpg

RhvtT7r.jpg

umzLOUv.jpg

uXyj8gw.jpg

AhSob0f.jpg

ve3DKg9.jpg

Sv5r97i.jpg

3UoVh5g.jpg

mH2CeSr.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! I hope you all are feeling well today! Here’s to everyone having a Soothing Sunday & a great start to the new week!

giphy.gif

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3