IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Ive been buying “Local” discs with Spanish Subtitles so my family can watch all these movies too, 

This just reminded me of something that's been in the back of my mind for a while and you might be just the person to answer (maybe @romeroland too). Do you watch any modern movies dubbed in spanish?

When I was younger I used to watch all the old action movies that came out on tv (Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Van Damme, etc.) And of course they were all dubbed in spanish but as I grew up I started hating them because I realized they all had the same like five voice actors(every woman, every main character, every child, etc. sounds the same). 

So my question is, are modern movies still like this or do they have more, better voice actors? Or were these just TV budget dubs?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

This just reminded me of something that's been in the back of my mind for a while and you might be just the person to answer (maybe @romeroland too). Do you watch any modern movies dubbed in spanish?

When I was younger I used to watch all the old action movies that came out on tv (Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Van Damme, etc.) And of course they were all dubbed in spanish but as I grew up I started hating them because I realized they all had the same like five voice actors(every woman, every main character, every child, etc. sounds the same). 

So my question is, are modern movies still like this or do they have more, better voice actors? Or were these just TV budget dubs?

Not to be a killjoy but maybe this would be a better topic for the general chat section 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

Do you watch any modern movies dubbed in spanish?

Hey man!!... Short answer... Nope!

Right now I never never neeeeeever watch movies dubbed in spanish.

The only ones that I watch dubbed are some animated ones. Disney/Pixar/Dream Works they all do a great job dubbing in latin spanish and I definitely enjoy those. For example, Shreks Donkey’s voice is Eugenio Derbez and he is soooo funny!! They usually do a great job on these animated movies! 😃😉

Hahaha... This is soooo true!!... 😂😂 I watched all of them and they are all the same!!... Hahaa...

Right now is the same thing with these kind of movies (Not Animated). I’m not 100% sure right now but I think They’re still dubbing 4-5 guys!! It’s just lame... I just watched Stallone’s Cliffhanger this past weekend on TV but I couldn’t stand it for more than 5 minutes... Just awful voices!!... 😂😂

Soooo... I never never watch dubbed movies... But I do watch them with subtitles when they have spanish ones. 🤗

By the way... Where are you from?? 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks been wondering about this for some time. 

1 hour ago, LeGonze said:

For example, Shreks Donkey’s voice is Eugenio Derbez and he is soooo funny!! They usually do a great job on these animated movies! 😃😉

Yeah, I do love shrek, I don't think I've ever seen it in English actually. I've been meaning to get the steelbook though. 

1 hour ago, LeGonze said:

By the way... Where are you from?? 😃

200.gif.a0c0de4e725164b6f16120ebc9a39383.gif

#noerapenal 😤

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

How do you know it sold out at # stage? It says they're going up for preorder today which, I assume, means they didnt sell out at # stage. 

I said DIDNT expect that to sell out at # stage and it didn't. That's what email was saying it was up for pre order tonight 🤔 ?? Think you have misread my broken translated geordie sentence haha. 

52 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

I said DIDNT expect that to sell out at # stage and it didn't. That's what email was saying it was up for pre order tonight 🤔 ?? Think you have misread my broken translated geordie sentence haha. 

Ah ok, I thought you meant "I didn't expect it, but it did" when you meant "I didnt expect it, and it didnt". And yeah it's no surprise to me that this didnt sell out

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

Ah ok, I thought you meant "I didn't expect it, but it did" when you meant "I didnt expect it, and it didnt". And yeah it's no surprise to me that this didnt sell out

I new what I ment but could of worded it better, I'm gonna see how fac go for the rest of this year and if they keep out popping 3 sub par editions I may stop going to them. This lot I was only really interested in 13 hours, I picked up the lenti of Allied and totally passed on Shazam.