IGNORED

Media Psychos European Cup Challenge

extantsrevenge

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

England deserved to win. Best pressing team of the tournament, didn't let any opposing team to freely move the ball with only one goal conceded.

Denmark's performance was heroic but unfortunately that wasn't enough this time. Schmeichel jr. made his dad proud today with an outstanding performance.

But now the big question... is it finally coming home?

Nah, it's coming to Rome.

7a5b1543b9db23273e0b2ad456db412b818d97b6

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

England deserved to win. Best pressing team of the tournament, didn't let any opposing team to freely move the ball with only one goal conceded.

Denmark's performance was heroic but unfortunately that wasn't enough this time. Schmeichel jr. made his dad proud today with an outstanding performance.

Nah, it’s coming to Rome.

7a5b1543b9db23273e0b2ad456db412b818d97b6

🇮🇹 

Cat Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

John C Mcginley Reaction GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, LeGonze said:

That was disgusting… VAR IS A JOKE!!!

image.gif.798c12d02befa72fbd705c6ef3c97913.gif

No one even noticed that at the time of Sterling's run towards Denmark's penalty area, a second ball was on the pitch. Too bad no Danish defender kicked the other ball as that would have forced the referee to stop the game. Clear oversight on part of the referee and his assistants but that's the game...

• Like 3

vor 17 Minuten schrieb LeGonze:

That was disgusting… VAR IS A JOKE!!!

image.gif.798c12d02befa72fbd705c6ef3c97913.gif

The rule is if there is slightest bit of contact, VAR cannot overrule the ref. So, it's not the VAR's fault. But that rule is still a joke, though. VAR should have the power to make the referee at least look at the footage.

• Like 4

• England is a better team. The victory is deserved.
  • England played better in a good funny semi final.
  • Denmark tried to go to penalties too early. I think they already thought about it in the halftime, and they behaved miserably. It's not that they only defended, it's that they did not even pass the midfield. In the second half and first part of the extra time they must have broken a world record for time without crossing the line.
  • I think the Danish coach was wrong by removing Dolberg. Sometimes coaches are too fond of going back to their original plan.
  • Kane played very well, but Sterling made an impressive game. Guardiola is surely at home wondering why he doesn't do that when he is needed in the Champions League...
  • The penalty was not a penalty. As @LeGonze said, the VAR is a joke. But I understand that the referee didn't go to see it on TV because trhe VAr referee told him it was a penalty without a doubt. The referees' conversations during the VAR time should be public in real time.
  • England is the best team in the tournament.
  • My utmost respect for Southgate and the work he has done with these guys.
  • Like 6

30 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Nah, it's coming to Rome.

Congrats to Denmark for getting this far, each player will rightly be praised back home, and I’ll have even more affection for Leicester’s Schmeichel next season.  As for Sunday… 

C434FC56-2272-4461-86B5-74C73F26ADDE.gif

let’s hope there’s a strong ref to keep tabs on the likes of Immobile (oh dear.. how embarrassing).

Edited by KubricksYarbles
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, pluto57 said:

England can write history and win the 2nd championship after 1966.

I'm now taking measures to ensure that will not happen.

- Dear Mr. Southgate

Well done on reaching the final of the Euro after another most convincing performance. I know the British people have been waiting for this moment for more than half a century, so I know fully well what's in stake.

However, I must inform you that should your team continue in this vein and win the final against Italy, the entire English community of Media Psychos will be subjected to drastic increases in shipping costs and their English room will be deleted altogether; In short, their lives on MP will become insufferable.

Surely that is not a responsability you would want to shoulder so I am counting on you to do the right thing. Your people have been patiently waiting for 55 years so another 20-25 years will hardly make a difference.

Respectfully yours, 

R. -

• Haha 7

39 minutes ago, 4kiraL said:

I think England and Italy are equally strong. But this time England has a big advantage playing in Wembley.

This ^^.

39 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Your people have been patiently waiting for 55 years so another 20-25 years will hardly make a difference.

Otherwise the wait of another 20-25 years might not be enough....so take the chance NOW!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

However, I must inform you that should your team continue in this vein and win the final against Italy, the entire English community of Media Psychos will be subjected to drastic increases in shipping costs and their English room will be deleted altogether; In short, their lives on MP will become insufferable.

48BC66C4-60FE-420D-B147-8A82F47FDCD7.gif

• Haha 2

• ★ Administrators ★

Angry Natural World GIF by BBC Earth

So we have the semi-final of the Euro and the Team winning is doing so by an OG and a handed to them penalty shot. I startet watching in Minute 60 and was happy to see Denmark scored and then they show who did the goals and I see another OG 😡 WTF. Sure England was by far the dominating Team from the point I watched but did they make a goal..... NO they did not and the only way they have to change that is to fall whenever they can, so that Denmark is always losing the ball. And the Ref has nothing better to do then to reward that tactic with a penalty shot (that absolutely was not worth getting one for). Somehow a little disgusting to see something like that in the semi-final of the Euro. I was also shocked when Schmeichel did hold that shot and the players continued the game 😲, I watch so few games that I could not remember that something like that is possible, such a rare occurance in the game that I must have forgotten.

Anyway this left me very disappointed. I still hold a grudge against the Italian Team for kicking out Germany a few times in previous tournements and for playing in the past like England is playing now. This overacting, falling whenever you can, trying to get penalty shots. It is a way to play I can't stand.

Now I really don't care who will win this Euro, but I would prefer Italy, especially after yesterday's game. I think Italy played an overall better tournament. I will not watch the final but I hope it will be decided by real goals and the real playing ability of the teams and not again by stupid mistakes and wrong decisions.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Hecko:

People really moaning about the penalty when the ref made plenty of mistakes yesterday anyway on to the Final!!!!

Stephen Curry Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

yeah I moan about it because it wasnt a foul imo. IF that is a penalty we will have about 25 penalties in a match in the future. Sterling didnt want anything else as this penalty. 

Anyway..I hope Italy will hit Englands Ass hard (although I hate Italy too) 😂

Edited by thomue1987
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, thomue1987 said:

yeah I moan about it because it wasnt a foul imo. IF that is a penalty we will have about 25 penalties in a match in the future. Sturridge didnt want anything else as this penalty. 

Anyway..I hope Italy will hit Englands Ass hard (although I hate Italy too) 😂

I dont think was a pen but was same as their freekick he fell down so easy there was contact on both but not to make u go down like that. The problem is if you dont go down refs wont give anything so it encourages diving which i hate. I expect the final to be even worse with the diving. Ref had a bad game imo.

Penalty or not, England deserved to reach the final based on their performance, no one can argue with that. This is hardly the first knock-out game that is decided by a contentious call so people need to get over that.

I suspect a lot of people (and I’m not ashamed to admit I am one of them) do not want to see England succeed because of the football culture surrounding the English teams over the years, rather than the players themselves or their quality of play. 
Every time I see that insufferable “It’s Coming Home” slogan printed everywhere in the English media or titles such as “so it’s Italy vs. England” before the semi has been even played, it’s hard not to wish for the opposing team to prevail, especially a team like Denmark who had the most difficult start imaginable but managed to find the strength to reach this stage of the competition.

But on a side note, I have to tip my hat off to Southgate for what is already a huge achievement (2 consecutive top 4 finish).

The man clearly knows how to get the best out of his squad and so far they look impervious to the pressure… not an easy feat, considering the media festival surrounding them.

It’s true, they are playing at home but that can prove to be as much a disadvantage as an advantage… look what happened to Brazil in 2014.

• Like 4

vor einer Stunde schrieb Robertm89:

sad arnold schwarzenegger GIF

Happy World Cup GIF by Three Lions

😉😉

i dont cry. The win was in any case deserved..but HOW it happened annoys me.

what me also annoys are the disgusting english „fans“ in the stadium which pipes during the national anthem of the opponent (Denmark, Germany..).

I cross my fingers that England lose on sunday and I will celebrate the tears of this „fans“ I will see in the TV.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, thomue1987 said:

i dont cry. The win was in any case deserved..but HOW it happened annoys me.

what me also annoys are the disgusting english „fans“ in the stadium which pipes during the national anthem of the opponent (Denmark, Germany..).

I cross my fingers that England lose on sunday and I will celebrate the tears of this „fans“ I will see in the TV.

Definitely sound a little salty mate lol 🧂

Every country has fans who can be arses but that is life. Your gonna be disappointed on Sunday because 

World Cup England GIF by BBC

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gerade eben schrieb Robertm89:

Definitely sound a little salty mate lol 🧂

Every country has fans who can be arses but that is life. Your gonna be disappointed on Sunday because 

World Cup England GIF by BBC

no really. The English Team deserved the final.

But theres something thats called „Respect“. And if about 60000 people pipes at the national anthem they kick this respect in the ass..

I mention Italian against Sweden 2018..especially Buffon. Thats what I call Respect (the fans were as big asses as the fans in Wembley this year). 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, thomue1987 said:

no really. The English Team deserved the final.

But theres something thats called „Respect“. And if about 60000 people pipes at the national anthem they kick this respect in the ass..

I mention Italian against Sweden 2018..especially Buffon. Thats what I call Respect (the fans were as big asses as the fans in Wembley this year). 

Just remember not all supporters are the same and the majority are very respectful.

• Like 3