WCL Paris, Texas (WCL Exclusive #42) (Scanavo Blu-ray Fullslip) [China]

ksosk

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

il y a 12 minutes, ksosk a dit :

Diskino team really tried very hard for these special titles that don't have a mass market buyers.

Kudos to them trying continuously and not giving up!

Hope this release finds some love among collectors 😃

yes, and thank you to them for continuing to make these kinds of films proposals 

love that 

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
7 minutes ago, ethnosax said:

The Criterion releases were director-approved remasters, but has he gone back yet again and done something else now? I presume it means they're using the same thing that's on the Criterions.

Oh actually yes it could be!

My chinese interpretation maybe wrong.

• Like 5

Just now, ksosk said:

I have not seen both films yet.

It seems the love for Paris, Texas is greater

Other than comments on this forum, I'd actually say the opposite—Wings of Desire is enormously beloved. One of my top five of all time. (And I also love Paris, Texas, but Wings is just really special.) The affection for Paris currently might be because Harry Dean's star has risen a lot over the past few years, and this was his breakout role.

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★

ok i just checked.

the discs are not the same as CC.

Those were the previous hd transfer but this release features a new 4k remaster done in 2019

4k scan 2k restore, himmel ueber berlin 4k restore.

But directors approved art. 

These discs so far are only found in Germany release without English sub

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb ksosk:

ok i just checked.

the discs are not the same as CC.

Those were the previous hd transfer but this release features a new 4k remaster done in 2019

4k scan 2k restore, himmel ueber berlin 4k restore.

But directors approved art. 

These discs so far are only found in Germany release without English sub

So this must be the transfers Studiocanal used for their latest release. They are fantastic and the Special Edition of Wings of Desire is also beautiful

image.thumb.png.5e81870843ac8a833b20f0f2608154a9.png

• Like 5

On 7/18/2021 at 7:20 PM, 4kiraL said:

Well, this is a topic I have been thinking about lately.

Lots of People nowadays cannot eat a breakfast without watching youtube or checking their mails or social media. We cannot ride a bus or a train without listening to music. Humanity has been infected by electronics and media, faster than we can adapt. Our brain is wired to look for short term dopamine kicks. When we go to the movies, we cannot enjoy the images themselves anymore for what they are. We need information and progress, fast cuts and action. Movies are not just moving images any more, their scenes act as a stimulus. Movies that once were masterpieces are now considered boring. We resort to netflix shows and netflix movies that are created in a way that enable us to do other activities in the meantime while watching... like checking our phone every few minutes. For me it's youtube, reddit, mediapsychos, ebay, instagram, facebook, tiktok.

In the last 20 years we have ruined our attention span and the way movies are made today is just the reflection of this.

I cannot say that I am not affected by this digital age. On the contrary, I have a huge problem. I have a media addiction. I hate movies that I used to like. My phone screen is the first thing I see after I wake up and the last thing I see before I go to sleep. The last time I had the attention span to read a whole book was 11 years ago.

I think if I am able to detox from this media overflow in the next few weeks, I can lead a happier life again. And enjoy watching movies again.

Wish me luck, guys.

100 agree, which is why I never got a smart phone. 

I also don't use any social media. Toxic garbage.

Get rid of your phone. You will be much happier, although you still will have everyone else on their phone everywhere you go, being rude and super annoying.

10 minutes ago, ethnosax said:

The Criterion releases were director-approved remasters, but has he gone back yet again and done something else now? I presume it means they're using the same thing that's on the Criterions.

Each company's remasters are proprietary. Criterion version is different than, say, Masters of Cinema or Arrow.

• Thanks 1

Awards

19 minutes ago, mgurau said:

100 agree, which is why I never got a smart phone. 

I also don't use any social media. Toxic garbage.

Get rid of your phone. You will be much happier, although you still will have everyone else on their phone everywhere you go, being rude and super annoying.

Howabout just sometimes using a phone for calling/answering life’s needs, hmm 🤔 

Or do like I can do DE-COMPARTMENTALIZ hey 👋 

Happy Yes It Is GIF

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Veum said:

Howabout just sometimes using a phone for calling/answering life’s needs, hmm 🤔 

Or do like I can do DE-COMPARTMENTALIZ hey 👋 

Happy Yes It Is GIF

Yup. I Have a flip phone for that. It makes calls. All I want it to do.

Nobody has a smart phone and only uses it for just calls, and would be pointless to have if that was the case.

Most people spend 16 hrs a day staring at their phone and grab it every 5 seconds like a crack pipe. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mgurau said:

Yup. I Have a flip phone for that. It makes calls. All I want it to do.

Nobody has a smart phone and only uses it for just calls, and would be pointless to have if that was the case.

Most people spend 16 hrs a day staring at their phone and grab it every 5 seconds like a crack pipe. 

Believe it or not I do not own a flip nor smart hehe 😜 

• Like 1

• ksosk changed the title to Paris, Texas (WCL Exclusive #042) (Scanavo Blu-ray Fullslip) [China]
  • ★ Administrators ★
• Disc 1: WCL Exclusive 042 —— "Texas Paris" BD-50 The new 2K restoration 146-minute full version of the feature film, English original DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 next-generation audio track, Mandarin dubbing LPCM 1.0 audio track, simplified Chinese (corresponding to the original sound), simplified Chinese (corresponding to Mandarin dubbing), English subtitles. • Contains 48-minute highlights: including Wenders's opening film in China, China's public release, and director post-screening exchanges. • Disc 2: WCL Exclusive 043-"Under the Sky of Berlin" BD-50 The new 4K repaired 129-minute full version of the feature film, the German original DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 next-generation audio track, simplified Chinese and English subtitles. • Contains 96-minute highlights: including director’s post-screening exchanges, a helicopter overlooking Berlin, director master classes, director interviews and trailers. • Wim · Wenders film career retrospective album, commemorative books (including movie stills, director interviews), a personal letter from the director, art posters (4), movie photos (8).     Attached configuration details:   Disc configuration 2 x BD-50 1080P Full-HD AVC Area code: ABC   DISC 1: "Paris, Texas" BD-50 Duration: 146 minutes Audio track: English soundtrack DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Mandarin dubbing LPCM 1.0 Subtitles: Simplified Chinese (corresponding to the original sound), Simplified Chinese (corresponding to Mandarin dubbing), English   DISC 2: "Under the Sky of Berlin" BD-50 Duration: 129 minutes Audio track: German original sound DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Subtitles: Simplified Chinese, English
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3