IGNORED

WCL Paris, Texas (WCL Exclusive #42) (Scanavo Blu-ray Fullslip) [China]

ksosk

Well, this is a topic I have been thinking about lately.

Lots of People nowadays cannot eat a breakfast without watching youtube or checking their mails or social media. We cannot ride a bus or a train without listening to music. Humanity has been infected by electronics and media, faster than we can adapt. Our brain is wired to look for short term dopamine kicks. When we go to the movies, we cannot enjoy the images themselves anymore for what they are. We need information and progress, fast cuts and action. Movies are not just moving images any more, their scenes act as a stimulus. Movies that once were masterpieces are now considered boring. We resort to netflix shows and netflix movies that are created in a way that enable us to do other activities in the meantime while watching... like checking our phone every few minutes. For me it's youtube, reddit, mediapsychos, ebay, instagram, facebook, tiktok.

In the last 20 years we have ruined our attention span and the way movies are made today is just the reflection of this.

I cannot say that I am not affected by this digital age. On the contrary, I have a huge problem. I have a media addiction. I hate movies that I used to like. My phone screen is the first thing I see after I wake up and the last thing I see before I go to sleep. The last time I had the attention span to read a whole book was 11 years ago.

I think if I am able to detox from this media overflow in the next few weeks, I can lead a happier life again. And enjoy watching movies again.

Wish me luck, guys.

• Like 7

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, 4kiraL said:

Lots of People nowadays cannot eat a breakfast without watching youtube or checking their mails or social media. We cannot ride a bus or a train without listening to music. Humanity has been infected by electronics and media, faster than we can adapt. Our brain is wired to look for short term dopamine kicks. When we go to the movies, we cannot enjoy the images themselves anymore for what they are. We need information and progress, fast cuts and action. Movies are not just moving images any more, their scenes act as a stimulus. Movies that once were masterpieces are now considered boring. We resort to netflix shows and netflix movies that are created in a way that enable us to do other activities in the meantime while watching... like checking our phone every few minutes. For me it's youtube, reddit, mediapsychos, ebay, instagram, facebook, tiktok.

In the last 20 years we have ruined our attention span and the way movies are made today is just the reflection of this.

I cannot say that I am not affected by this digital age. On the contrary, I have a huge problem. I have a media addiction. I hate movies that I used to like. My phone screen is the first thing I see after I wake up and the last thing I see before I go to sleep. The last time I had the attention span to read a whole book was 11 years ago.

I think if I am able to detox from this media overflow in the next few weeks, I can lead a happier life again. And enjoy watching movies again.

Wish me luck, guys.

couldn't finish got distracted 

add bubble butt GIF

happy mr. mackey GIF by South Park

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, 4kiraL said:

Wish me luck, guys.

I for one never tire of my ‘Ol classic films, see...

We all need a little medication don’t we Psychos 🤣 

1B897E9A-ACE3-4C8C-81D0-215F8593716E.gif.2a1dc9b499089e185ee3618a30538cb6.gif 

image.jpeg.6077862382ae845ae87fc0cdca8e4a49.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
36 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

Can you explain this part. Is it 4 slips and two scanavo cases? 6 slips? 

Screenshot_20210813-110942_Chrome.jpg

There is only one fullslip design per film.

The 2 more designs that follow each fullslip are the exchangeable scanvo sleeves (two-sided printing that you can turn around and change)

• Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, ksosk said:

There is only one fullslip design per film.

The 2 more designs that follow each fullslip are the exchangeable scanvo sleeves (two-sided printing that you can turn around and change)

Hmm ok, how long do you think the GB will stay open for? Gonna need to watch these movies first. And any estimate on retail price and or size?

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
2 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

Hmm ok, how long do you think the GB will stay open for? Gonna need to watch these movies first. And any estimate on retail price and or size?

Retail price is updated on first post!

From the sample I saw, it is quite big. Probably like the newest Spiderman Trilogy by WeET.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• ★ Administrators ★
4 minutes ago, romain said:

Hi @ksosk, after Kaurismaki, Wenders, Waters and Rohmer

do you know yet if we will get the same kind of package for the two Clouzot films ? 

thanks 

I can bring it up to Diskino but the list of releases so far doesn't include this director.

• Like 2