MP Group Buy here

Info & Questions Topic here

Release date: TBC

Price: TBC

Limit: TBA

bd7296f5718245d1a7195adc0b6b57d5.jpeg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCYjHIkkOznZXlcHcR38v

😇

In 1987, Yonosuke, an 18-year-old student, arrives in Tokyo to attend university and makes friends with Kato, Yoko and Chitaru. Then 16 years later, Yoko learns that Yonosuke has died and recalls the time they shared in college.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

15 hours ago, Veum said:

In 1987, Yonosuke, an 18-year-old student, arrives in Tokyo to attend university and makes friends with Kato, Yoko and Chitaru. Then 16 years later, Yoko learns that Yonosuke has died and recalls the time they shared in college.

Thank you for the info, but oh boy this is a very sad plot  😭

• Like 2

I love this film, I have the Third Window uk release but would be very tempted to pick this up. It’s such a beautiful film and would really recommend it if you haven’t seen it

I wish someone would do a premium of Fish Story - that’s another film I just plain adore!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Awards

• 3 months later...
  • deckard99 changed the title to A Story of Yonosuke (MLIFE Exclusive #54) (Scanavo Case Blu-ray) [China]

Hello everyone in MediaPsychos, I have joined the forum for a while but this is my first post. This post might be a bit long, but I hope that you could share my happiness if you have some spare time. As the assistant curator and producer of the collectors edition Blu-ray of A Story of Yonosuke from Diskino, the experience was still a dream until the pre-orders opened. It may be a long film for some audience, or an unfamiliar one for many people, but I highly recommend it if you havent watched this film yet. I fell in love with this film after watching it for the first time in 2014, remembering that I was still a fresh university student and that my experience coincided with that of the characters in the film. I was deeply moved by the simplicity of the story with genuine happiness but also with the lingering regret and sadness. I didnt expect this film to have such a strong legacy that I have watched it repeatedly over the past few years, no less than ten times entirely. I watched this film with my family, my loved ones, my close friends, seniors in the school, strangers, and most of the time I was alone. This film has been with me through some of my happiest and most despondent moments in my life, bringing me feelings and energy that go far beyond the film itself, as much as growing up with Yonosuke in the film. My undergraduate course was Architecture but I changed my major at the postgraduate level and chose to study film studies and film programming, turning my true passion for film from a hobby into professional learning and even a career now.

I started collecting all kinds of home video entertainment products in Year 2 of my university life. I was amazed by the beauty of physical design and package, the great experience from Blu-rays, and I learned a lot from the extras for my work. Later on, I found Diskino which is an exclusive home video label in China, and it is not easy to survive Chinese markets with home video productions only at that time. I was impressed by Diskinos branding, film selections and the quality of productions, and have supported them till today from their first release The Last Emperor. I was lucky enough to become good friends with the owners of Diskino during my postgraduate studies and began assisting Diskino in directing and subtitling for the extras in the UK (working closely with Asian film expert Tony Rayns and Chris Berry). The experience of cooperation and love on physical releases have enabled me to develop a great friendship with Diskino. I also gained a deeper understanding of the current state of the home video production industry in China, as well as the difficulties and opportunities.

During my trip to the Cannes 2019, I happened to have a meeting with one right holder in China, and it was also during the chat that I learnt that they got the rights of A Story of Yonosuke (I was not aware of this situation before the meeting). It was a beautiful coincidence and another encounter with this film. Five years later, I had gone from being a young university student and film fan to a professional student learning film programming and curation, and my experience with Diskino made me start to think: What if this film is published on Blu-ray in China? The idea could never escape from my mind since then. After that meeting, I had many conversations with Diskino, assessing the market and discussing the feasibility of this release. Although it had been nearly 10 years since the last Japanese live-action film had been released on Blu-ray in China, Diskino decided that A Story of Yonosuke met Diskinos selection criteria and finalised the plan publish this film. The process began.

In 2020, it was hard for me to travel back due to the pandemic when studying in the UK, so the process of publishing this Blu-ray was planned remotely by me in the UK, and coordinated by the owners of Diskino and other companions in China. The package of the Blu-ray was designed by the independent designer Li Jiaqi, and this package design has been praised by the Japanese company and director. Now that the Blu-ray of A Story of Yonosuke has been polished many times, it is finally completed and will be available for the market soon, while I have just finished my second MA degree and will soon start working and enter the industry, which seems to be another indescribable tacit understanding with the film. With the pre-order just around the corner, I am inevitably apprehensive, but also full of anticipation. As a film with special significance to my life, I am extremely enthusiastic about this product, and I hope it will satisfy all the home video collectors.

Finally, I would like to thank Diskino and the three seniors and bosses for their trust and support! I would also like to thank all the right holders for their efforts in solving the problems and providing me with great materials and footages, and I would especially like to thank director Shuichi Okita for his kind words in his busy schedule. I would like to say thanks to MediaPsychos for building up this lovely community and introducing great releases around the world. But most of all, I would like to thank the film A Story of Yonosuke, which like the dialogue in the film “It's like the fact that I knew Yonosuke makes me luckier than you, somehow. Perhaps the fact that I can meet this film and encounter it again by releasing a Blu-ray also makes me luckier.

• Like 17

• ★ Administrators ★

Thanks for sharing the process with us, @XiaoGu!!!
好久没找你聊了!

It is always great to know these detail which adds to the satisfaction of buying an edition 😃

Hope more releases with your participation coming in the near future, and MP is very proud to present this to our international members.

May this title gets the many love and support it deserves!!

KS

• Like 11

3 小时前, extantsrevenge说:

@XiaoGu thanks for this very interesting post, very nice to have some background info. It helped me decide and my request is in 😃. Looking forward to this release.

Keep up the good work 👍

Many thanks! I am so glad to hear that you would like to have a request of this film because of my post. Hope that this film and product won't disappoint you. If you enjoy the film, please don't hesitate to let me know!

• Like 6

3 小时前, ksosk说:

Thanks for sharing the process with us, @XiaoGu!!!
好久没找你聊了!

It is always great to know these detail which adds to the satisfaction of buying an edition 😃

Hope more releases with your participation coming in the near future, and MP is very proud to present this to our international members.

May this title gets the many love and support it deserves!!

KS

Time flies and many thanks for building up this amazing forum! 好久不见

I hope that the audience could have my emotional feeling when they receive this edition and watch the film! And I hope that A Story of Yonosuke would be a success in China so that it is possible to bring more Japanese titles with decent edition and design! Thanks again for your kind support!

XiaoGu

• Like 8

20 分钟前, white0328说:

Thanks for sharing your history,  @XiaoGu !

I am happy that a Japanese movie will be released in China.  

I am looking forward to my future work.😆

Thanks for your update of the twitter hype in Japan, I am so glad to see this release has some attention there! And I hope that more titles would be introduced to China! And good luck with your work!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
10 hours ago, XiaoGu said:

Hello everyone in MediaPsychos, I have joined the forum for a while but this is my first post. This post might be a bit long, but I hope that you could share my happiness if you have some spare time. As the assistant curator and producer of the collectors edition Blu-ray of A Story of Yonosuke from Diskino, the experience was still a dream until the pre-orders opened. It may be a long film for some audience, or an unfamiliar one for many people, but I highly recommend it if you havent watched this film yet. I fell in love with this film after watching it for the first time in 2014, remembering that I was still a fresh university student and that my experience coincided with that of the characters in the film. I was deeply moved by the simplicity of the story with genuine happiness but also with the lingering regret and sadness. I didnt expect this film to have such a strong legacy that I have watched it repeatedly over the past few years, no less than ten times entirely. I watched this film with my family, my loved ones, my close friends, seniors in the school, strangers, and most of the time I was alone. This film has been with me through some of my happiest and most despondent moments in my life, bringing me feelings and energy that go far beyond the film itself, as much as growing up with Yonosuke in the film. My undergraduate course was Architecture but I changed my major at the postgraduate level and chose to study film studies and film programming, turning my true passion for film from a hobby into professional learning and even a career now.

I started collecting all kinds of home video entertainment products in Year 2 of my university life. I was amazed by the beauty of physical design and package, the great experience from Blu-rays, and I learned a lot from the extras for my work. Later on, I found Diskino which is an exclusive home video label in China, and it is not easy to survive Chinese markets with home video productions only at that time. I was impressed by Diskinos branding, film selections and the quality of productions, and have supported them till today from their first release The Last Emperor. I was lucky enough to become good friends with the owners of Diskino during my postgraduate studies and began assisting Diskino in directing and subtitling for the extras in the UK (working closely with Asian film expert Tony Rayns and Chris Berry). The experience of cooperation and love on physical releases have enabled me to develop a great friendship with Diskino. I also gained a deeper understanding of the current state of the home video production industry in China, as well as the difficulties and opportunities.

During my trip to the Cannes 2019, I happened to have a meeting with one right holder in China, and it was also during the chat that I learnt that they got the rights of A Story of Yonosuke (I was not aware of this situation before the meeting). It was a beautiful coincidence and another encounter with this film. Five years later, I had gone from being a young university student and film fan to a professional student learning film programming and curation, and my experience with Diskino made me start to think: What if this film is published on Blu-ray in China? The idea could never escape from my mind since then. After that meeting, I had many conversations with Diskino, assessing the market and discussing the feasibility of this release. Although it had been nearly 10 years since the last Japanese live-action film had been released on Blu-ray in China, Diskino decided that A Story of Yonosuke met Diskinos selection criteria and finalised the plan publish this film. The process began.

In 2020, it was hard for me to travel back due to the pandemic when studying in the UK, so the process of publishing this Blu-ray was planned remotely by me in the UK, and coordinated by the owners of Diskino and other companions in China. The package of the Blu-ray was designed by the independent designer Li Jiaqi, and this package design has been praised by the Japanese company and director. Now that the Blu-ray of A Story of Yonosuke has been polished many times, it is finally completed and will be available for the market soon, while I have just finished my second MA degree and will soon start working and enter the industry, which seems to be another indescribable tacit understanding with the film. With the pre-order just around the corner, I am inevitably apprehensive, but also full of anticipation. As a film with special significance to my life, I am extremely enthusiastic about this product, and I hope it will satisfy all the home video collectors.

Finally, I would like to thank Diskino and the three seniors and bosses for their trust and support! I would also like to thank all the right holders for their efforts in solving the problems and providing me with great materials and footages, and I would especially like to thank director Shuichi Okita for his kind words in his busy schedule. I would like to say thanks to MediaPsychos for building up this lovely community and introducing great releases around the world. But most of all, I would like to thank the film A Story of Yonosuke, which like the dialogue in the film “It's like the fact that I knew Yonosuke makes me luckier than you, somehow. Perhaps the fact that I can meet this film and encounter it again by releasing a Blu-ray also makes me luckier.

@XiaoGu, thank you so much for your interesting story & the work you have put into A Story of Yonosuke from Diskino.

The package of the Blu-ray designed by the independent designer Li Jiaqi looks beautiful, this has pushed me over to get one from us, thank you!

• Like 8

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, white0328 said:

Thanks for sharing your history,  @XiaoGu !

I am happy that a Japanese movie will be released in China.  

I am looking forward to my future work.😆

ツイッターで宣伝してくれてありがとう 🙇‍♂️

日本人がこのリリースを気に入ってサポートしてくれることを願っています。

• Like 3

一小时前, Veum说:
  展现隐藏的内容

@XiaoGu, thank you so much for your interesting story & the work you have put into A Story of Yonosuke from Diskino.

The package of the Blu-ray designed by the independent designer Li Jiaqi looks beautiful, this has pushed me over to get one from us, thank you!

It is my pleasure! And I will forward your kind words to the designer, and hope that the final production would please you well! Thank you for your support!

• Like 4

39 分钟前, DodgyDave说:

Thank you to all involved in bringing beautiful things like this to our members. 
Great to see and hear such enthusiasm for releases like this. 👍 

Glad that you like the design, and I hope that I could have more chance to bring some more amazing releases in the near future!

• Like 6

vor 13 Stunden schrieb XiaoGu:

The beautiful package design updated

1078278954_MLIFEAStoryofYonosuke.thumb.jpg.37a94f4bc97d6354e4ca141fc7407db5.jpg

I had the pleasure of seeing the movie a while ago and already own a blu-ray.

So I was waiting for the beautyshots to decide on buying a new edition.

Let me tell you, once I saw those, it was a no-brainer.

This artwork is not only stunning to behold but mirrors the essence of the movie and maincharacters beautifully.

Like the movie, its masterful and I am thrilled to be able to add it to my collection.

Thank you and I am looking forward to the next releases.

• Like 7