IGNORED

Sleepy Hollow (1999) (Cover A+B) (Mediabook) (Saturn) (Germany)

CAYENNE-FAHRER

Release: 21.05. 2020
Buy link: Cover A   MediaMarkt.de
Buy link: Cover B  MediaMarkt.de

Saturn Cover A   Saturn.de

Cover B   Saturn.de
Price: € 31.99 per Mediabook

Artwork: picture 1 Cover A

picture 2 Cober B

Cover A.png

Cover B.png

Edited by CAYENNE-FAHRER
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/20/2020 at 3:50 PM, Mrs.Robinson said:

Already have cover A (the UK and the US design), so I went for cover B and Amazon.de exclusive.

For me it was the otherway round - I own the Zavvi Steelbook so I have the artwork from the amazon.de one. But I love the Cover A design, hadn't seen this one before, and thus I ordered cover A. And as I am content with one, I left out cover B :) (I would take it, if it was a fullslip or hardbox though :D )

• Like 3

I'd love to know if cover A (the one with the UK/US digibook design) will be just as thin or will it be 'standard thick'? The one I have is very very slim, like the Grease digibook. But if the German release is 'standard' size for a mediabook, I'd be hugely tempted to get all three versions 🤩 I really love the movie, a must-watch for me every year on Halloween (among a few others as well).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Awards

^^ ditto everything @Mrs.Robinson just said please...🤭

edit: I'm holding the thin one in hand right now and there's definite difference in the art betwixt it and the German release (cover A).

i.e. there's a touch of art above the title on the spine of the German one but none (no room) on the thin one. Also different aspect ratio on front covers of each, for same shot.

So I'm thinking it's definitely a true Mediabook.  🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

If I've seen the correct videos, the US version also has this silver-foil finish, so the front is a little reflective, isn't it? Not sure if the German mediabook will have that effect, but up to now there's only one mediabook of my knowledge that ever used this silver foil finish (King of New York), and that wasn't so well received.

• Like 4

^^ My concerns now are, who will all be offering this up for sale and will they ship this to North America?

With the release still a month off, I'm hoping some shipping restrictions (predominantly based on air flights I guess) will have lifted.

Obviously there are bigger concerns, I'm just focusing.

Interesting to hear about the experience with previous silver covered MBs @pygospa, I guess we'll see...🙂

Wrt the NA release, yeah, flimsy is an understatement @Mrs.Robinson! Fortunately, I received mine sandwiched in a box with some other Blus so it arrived unscathed.

I'm also hoping the MB has a new scan but Media Markt makes no mention of that and they would have announced it as a selling feature I'd imagine, so perhaps no joy there.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

instead of the old Amaray with DTS-HD soundtrack there is now Dolby Digital .. !!!
I found that in another forum,
 if what happened to the picture has no idea,
 whoever has the BD should check whether it is still running, 
mine not anymore, have opened a thread which BDs no longer run, that as Info.
would advise you to keep the old BD first and not to sell it.
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

There is something really strange going on here. Media Markt/Saturn delayed their releases, Amazon is already sending thier edition out. HOWEVER, it's not what you are getting when you ordered via Amazon. Instead you are getting the second Cover of the Media Markt/Saturn release. There is no Information yet, on why this is the case. Maybe there was a mixup in the logistics and Amazon got the packages that where supposed to go to Media Markt/Saturn? Maybe there is no Amazon exclusive Cover? This is, for sure, messed up, as there is - up to this time - no official information on what is going on. I'll keep you posted as soon as there is something more. This is - as of now - only FYI for you, as you are not directly affected (at least up to now).

• Thanks 1

It's still hidden and needs to be checked by an admin/moderator, but once it's permitted, here is an update on the situation. Most interesting for you guys: There is an official statement from Universal that all three Covers exist, non have been cancelled, and this is probably an logistics error. What I'm wondering is, what will happen with all those editions that Amazon customers do not return. If it is sold out at MediaMarkt / Saturn (I don't know if it is, but the Amazon cover is on Amazon), then this should be a problem. On facebook some guys have already opened their order and stated that they don't care and are keeping theirs...

Hope this will not be a problem, and that everybody here gets what he/she ordered. Fingers are crossed for you, guys! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RAK said:

@pygospa @CAYENNE-FAHRER are you saying if I order one it’s a crap shoot which one I get. I may not get the one I ordered?

We don't know yet. All that I know (read also the other thread) is that Amazon shipped out the wrong cover. They apparently got the ones that where supposed to be the Media Markt/Saturn ones. I don't know if they are still sending out, or if they stopped, how many they send out already, and if all the people getting the wrong Cover are returning them (at least one guy on Facebook stated he didn't care, and opened his up to make pictures, etc.). It could affect the MediaMarkt/Saturn Cover C orders (because they must have gotten Cover A then). Cover B should be unaffected. I would think that MediaMarkt and Amazon will switch their stocks, if Amazon didn't screw that up too hard already (i.e. send out all the Cover Cs and didn't get all of them back from customers). So we can just wait and hope that everything goes well! Worst case scenario: Everyone who ordered Cover A will get Cover C and vice versa. Cover B should be unaffected. But who knows. Maybe they'll reprint the missing covers. We'll see. Up to now, everything beyond "Amazon customers getting the wrong cover" is still speculation.

Edited by pygospa
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, pygospa said:

We don't know yet. All that I know (read also the other thread) is that Amazon shipped out the wrong cover. They apparently got the ones that where supposed to be the Media Markt/Saturn ones. I don't know if they are still sending out, or if they stopped, how many they send out already, and if all the people getting the wrong Cover are returning them (at least one guy on Facebook stated he didn't care, and opened his up to make pictures, etc.). It could affect the MediaMarkt/Saturn Cover C orders (because they must have gotten Cover A then). Cover B should be unaffected. I would think that MediaMarkt and Amazon will switch their stocks, if Amazon didn't screw that up too hard already (i.e. send out all the Cover Cs and didn't get all of them back from customers). So we can just wait and hope that everything goes well! Worst case scenario: Everyone who ordered Cover A will get Cover C and vice versa. Cover B should be unaffected. But who knows. Maybe they'll reprint the missing covers. We'll see. Up to now, everything beyond "Amazon customers getting the wrong cover" is still speculation.

I get what your saying, ok thanks.

just received the following message:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your order at www.mediamarkt.de!

Upon delivery of your ordered item 2641221 "Sleepy Hollow Blu-ray + DVD" there will unfortunately be a delay in delivery on the part of the manufacturer. 
Delivery is expected to take place in calendar week 24.
Edited by CAYENNE-FAHRER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Okey, I guess now it's official. Logistics f'ed up, Amazon f'ed up, and now Saturn/Media Markt are paying the price, even though they tried, by delaying the product to probably get the correct one shipped out. Here's a statement someone posted on Facebook who just got his shipping confirmation:

103882453_10218546463353021_4177936036849950181_n.jpg.5124dbf9e62032ba618740c7a3bfa3af.jpg

Translated to English (by me, no warranty on correctness :D ) :

Good day,

thank you for your order ... "Sleepy Hollow - (Blu-ray + DVD)".

We were informed by our supplier, that on the product there is the wrong cover printed. The Blu-ray however is correct and not affected by this error. We ask you in the name of SATURN as well as Universal Pictures to please excuse this error.

Feel free to contact us with any further questions.

Best Regards

Your SATURN customer Service.

This means that everyone ordering Cover C will now get the Amazon Cover A. :(No reprints, no exchange. Take it, or leave it. Amazon is sold out, and apparently they are still sending out the cover, regardless all the complaints they got, so I guess there aren't any Covers left (except those who will send it back. So if you really want just Cover C, best to look at the Amazon.de re-stockings from the returned Mediabooks).

• Sad 1

Guess what I got today

. . . . . . . . .

Ordered the MM/Saturn exclusive Cover B, that according to all the information we've had, should have been unaffected  by this mess-up, because if Amazon only send out Cover C (which according to all accounts it did, there is no one from Amazon who got Cover A or B), and MM/Saturn got all the Cover As, then it could have sent Cover A to the customers who ordered Cover C.

But apparently they are now doing it random?!

I am rather disappointed now, and not really sure, what to do. Options are:

• Find someone trustworthy who got Cover B, but actually wanted Cover A to switch
  • Return Cover A
  • Sell Cover A on eBay (given that people are asking 50€-100€ for it...) <-- This would be a d... move, and I never ever sold anything overprice before. But given how angry I am at MM/Saturn right now, and not knowing if and for what price Cover B will be sold on second market...

But yeah, that's just rage/disappointment speaking out of me right now. I'll probably wait, and have a close eye on YouTube - maybe someone unboxes Cover B - then I'll deside if it's worth all the hussle, and if it isn't I'll just keep this one (even though I own this cover on Steelbook already). Or I'll just get the flimsy US one additionally to this, if it's cheap somewhere on eBay... Having really wanted Cover B, this is an disappointment, especially because it all seemed like Cover B is untouched by it :(

20200611_120939.jpg

• Sad 2

Hello @thomue1987;

Unfortunately that cover is not the one I hoped for.

I was of the impression that the silver cover was not affected by this mix up and would be available on request?

If you are able to get the silver cover, that is certainly the one I hope for.

If not, I will pay for this one as I know you went to great effort to get it.

Please let me know my friend. 🙂

• Like 3