IGNORED

Sleepy Hollow (1999) (Cover A+B) (Mediabook) (Saturn) (Germany)

CAYENNE-FAHRER

vor 45 Minuten schrieb Grendel:

Hello @thomue1987;

Unfortunately that cover is not the one I hoped for.

I was of the impression that the silver cover was not affected by this mix up and would be available on request?

If you are able to get the silver cover, that is certainly the one I hope for.

If not, I will pay for this one as I know you went to great effort to get it.

Please let me know my friend. 🙂

to be honest..i dont know what Media Markt & amazon did with this release. The Mediabooks aren't available for order now but I will keep my eyes open.

Its not my decision to keep the wrong cover. Think about it and let me know ✌

• Thanks 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

for me the white one is the most beautiful

Oh I totally agree! It is the original Movie Poster that was used upon release, but the Black cover is a close 2nd for me. 

4 minutes ago, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

Spending money again is enough, 
then I prefer to keep the black, 
better one than none

I feel you. At least you were still able to grab a very nice edition, also think that the cover relates to the Tone/Feel of the movie.

11 hours ago, thomue1987 said:

@Veum @Grendel @Mrs.Robinson

look what I got..

20200610_183219.thumb.jpg.133ea3e2da1bfacffb5556bc244dcf30.jpg

if i'm right its also the wrong cover..please let me know if you want it nevertheless. Otherwise I will return it.

Best,

Thomas

Yes Thomas @thomue1987  I will STILL take that/this (* pic below also) one ^^^ & keep my order with you & I’m so sorry they messed this up for you/us!😤

image.jpeg.8acb85f42d4a4f0b216ac778a865dac0.jpeg

Although I want/wanted this version STILL please if you can!😉

image.png.8d3d8cd29acfe628e42bc11f2b039052.png

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Veum said:

No Thomas @thomue1987 that ^^^ is not the cover I wanted, so sorry they messed this up for you/us!😤

I want/wanted this version please, if you can!😉

Was interested in this. But since it seems there is a retailer screw up, and if I order a copy who knows what cover I will get. Can’t believe there was no info/correction on who got what cover. 

• Like 2

Again, there is so much mixed information, that I am too really fed up. There's quite a large number of customers who ordered and got the white one. Especially those who ordered two covers got both. Why MM/Saturn switched around some of the white ones with the black ones no one knows. I can count myself happy that I got the black rider and not the one with the two faces, as apparently that is the one no one actually likes, and eBay and Facebook are full of people wanting to sell those. Never the less, I have the steelbook, I didn't want the same cover twice, so I am also really pissed.

Now, yesterday I was at my local Saturn and ask them if there was any chance to get the white one, and they said, there's nothing they could do, both covers sold out immediately and they are not getting the covers back. Even the guy I was talking to wanted to get a white one, but they didn't even get any at their local stores.

Today at facebook one guy wrote, that he was yesterday at Mediamarkt, and there the guy said, in two to three weeks time, they'll get another batch of white covers, because they just didn't get all at once, and he would wait. The guy could even place a preorder, but only locally.

I'm not sure, if again, these guys are incompetent, but this kind of different treatment of different customers really annoys me.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, thomue1987 said:

@Veum @Grendel @Mrs.Robinson

look what I got..

20200610_183219.thumb.jpg.133ea3e2da1bfacffb5556bc244dcf30.jpg

if i'm right its also the wrong cover..please let me know if you want it nevertheless. Otherwise I will return it.

Best,

Thomas

@Veum @Grendel @Mrs.Robinson @thomue1987
If someone is unhappy that this is the wrong cover I will gladly take one to help out like @CAYENNE-FAHRER said would rather have one than not at all. And as it seems these are all pretty much sold out, and the hopes of getting the White cover is pretty much nil.

• Like 3

So, as others have stated @thomue1987 , I will purchase this dark cover you have received but I would appreciate also keeping my order open, for the off chance the silver cover becomes available.

As @RAK astutely put, better this cover than NO cover!

Thanks much my friend! 🥰

As @pygospa stated, if in the future a supply of white/silver covers do become available, I would appreciate getting an order placed for it as well.

Now, how you can stipulate that you want that one with the distributor, I do not know...

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Grendel said:

So, as others have stated @thomue1987 , I will purchase this dark cover you have received but I would appreciate also keeping my order open, for the off chance the silver cover becomes available.

As @RAK astutely put, better this cover than NO cover!

Thanks much my friend! 🥰

As @pygospa stated, if in the future a supply of white/silver covers do become available, I would appreciate getting an order placed for it as well.

Now, how you can stipulate that you want that one with the distributor, I do not know...

this up here GIF by Chord Overstreet

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Veum said:

Yes Thomas @thomue1987  I will STILL take that/this (* pic below also) one ^^^ & keep my order with you & I’m so sorry they messed this up for you/us!😤

image.jpeg.8acb85f42d4a4f0b216ac778a865dac0.jpeg

Although I want/wanted this version STILL please if you can!😉

🥤invoice paid for Sleepy Hollow with the great team of Michael @icewire / Thomas @thomue1987 TU again!🤠😇😷

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For all you guys that didn't get one, and had to go empty handed, I am really sorry. This is not to pour salt in your wounds but maybe it's an incentive or counterargument for trying to track these down. But to me something really good happend: So there was this guy on Facebook who got a white MM/Saturn cover but wanted a black Amazon one, and asked if anyone wanted to trade. I was too late, but we still had a short nice chat, and he wished me good luck - and so I had missed that opportunity and since then did not find anyone else to trade or for selling this at a reasonable price. Then few days ago he contacts me again. He wanted another black Amazon one for a friend and ordered via Media Markt - and again got the white one (btw. thank you Media Markt for lying to me - I explicitly contacted you and asked and you said, there is no way, all white ones are gone, but you only had other black ones left!!!). He would sell it to me at the price (including shipping to him) + shipping. 

So I ended up paying 38€ instead of 30€, but finally own the one I really wanted to have. Here are some pictures - I didn't try any of the discs yet and cannot tell you about English friendliness of the extras, etc. (if you are interested, please ask, then I will do that - if that's not interesting to anyone I can spare the effort). From what I can tell you it is really a gorgeous edition. We have some spottgloss on the title, and really beautifully designed pages. Artwork on the cover looks sharp and stunning as well. In my opinion it's worth the hunt for it (but not for the crazy asking prices). But decide for yourself:

20200625_115134.jpg

20200625_182204.jpg

20200625_182227.jpg

20200625_182245.jpg

20200625_182319.jpg

20200625_182330.jpg

20200625_182337.jpg

20200625_182409.jpg

20200625_182417.jpg

20200625_182426.jpg

20200625_182433.jpg

20200625_182444.jpg

20200625_182454.jpg

20200625_182504.jpg

20200625_182515.jpg

20200625_182526.jpg

20200625_182535.jpg

20200625_182542.jpg

20200625_182555.jpg

20200625_182617.jpg

20200625_182646.jpg

20200625_182658.jpg

• Like 3

Good Evening @pygospa 🙂

First, thanks very much for posting the wonderful pics of the SH; MB as it looks gorgeous!  🤩

Very anxious to get my copy as well now, regardless of what colour the cover is, heh heh.

As to your sweet little acquisition of the silver cover, well...GRATZ buddy!

Very happy to hear you managed to score one.

Now, I honestly don't know whether to ask @thomue1987 to try ordering again or not.

I absolutely hate playing the 'nope! ain't it! try again! game. And I'm sure the idea doesn't appeal to Thomas either.

I think I'm gonna just stop while I'm ahead.

I do have a lovely ed with the silver cover art (for display purposes at least) so I think I'm good.

The following should perhaps read your post though; 🙂

@Mrs.Robinson, @RAK, @Veum, @CAYENNE-FAHRER... and others?

p.s. don't be shy about tagging us @pygospa 🙂 We all love to hear news like this!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening @pygospa 🙂

First, thanks very much for posting the wonderful pics of the SH; MB as it looks gorgeous!  🤩

Very anxious to get my copy as well now, regardless of what colour the cover is, heh heh.

Now, I honestly don't know whether to ask @thomue1987 to try ordering again or not.

I absolutely hate playing the 'nope! ain't it! try again! game. And I'm sure the idea doesn't appeal to Thomas either.

I do have a lovely ed with the silver cover art (for display purposes at least) so I think I'm good.

p.s. don't be shy about tagging us @pygospa 🙂 We all love to hear news like this!

@Grendel

I’m good to go no matter what I get from Thomas (as long as it is not exactly like this one that I already have, hey!)😉

DigiBook / 20th Anniversary Edition

image.jpeg.b2d4015365404e4b83779be698e81c02.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

On 6/25/2020 at 1:01 PM, pygospa said:

For all you guys that didn't get one, and had to go empty handed, I am really sorry. This is not to pour salt in your wounds but maybe it's an incentive or counterargument for trying to track these down. But to me something really good happend: So there was this guy on Facebook who got a white MM/Saturn cover but wanted a black Amazon one, and asked if anyone wanted to trade. I was too late, but we still had a short nice chat, and he wished me good luck - and so I had missed that opportunity and since then did not find anyone else to trade or for selling this at a reasonable price. Then few days ago he contacts me again. He wanted another black Amazon one for a friend and ordered via Media Markt - and again got the white one (btw. thank you Media Markt for lying to me - I explicitly contacted you and asked and you said, there is no way, all white ones are gone, but you only had other black ones left!!!). He would sell it to me at the price (including shipping to him) + shipping. 

So I ended up paying 38€ instead of 30€, but finally own the one I really wanted to have. Here are some pictures - I didn't try any of the discs yet and cannot tell you about English friendliness of the extras, etc. (if you are interested, please ask, then I will do that - if that's not interesting to anyone I can spare the effort). From what I can tell you it is really a gorgeous edition. We have some spottgloss on the title, and really beautifully designed pages. Artwork on the cover looks sharp and stunning as well. In my opinion it's worth the hunt for it (but not for the crazy asking prices). But decide for yourself:

20200625_115134.jpg

20200625_182204.jpg

20200625_182227.jpg

20200625_182245.jpg

20200625_182319.jpg

20200625_182330.jpg

20200625_182337.jpg

20200625_182409.jpg

20200625_182417.jpg

20200625_182426.jpg

20200625_182433.jpg

20200625_182444.jpg

20200625_182454.jpg

20200625_182504.jpg

20200625_182515.jpg

20200625_182526.jpg

20200625_182535.jpg

20200625_182542.jpg

20200625_182555.jpg

20200625_182617.jpg

20200625_182646.jpg

20200625_182658.jpg

Congrats! Glad you ended up getting what you wanted!

20 hours ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening @pygospa 🙂

Thanks @Grendel! Also @Grendel @Veum feel the same way, if you already have that artwork, and it’s not something you plan on getting rid of then you might as well take the Variant. Last thing you want is a bunch of redundant artwork laying around.

Also I’m not going to take a chance and have @thomue1987 order again, and just end up with the same ones we already have. It’s not fair to him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1