• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/14/2023 at 4:06 PM, MikeH5856 said:

DeathStranding.thumb.jpg.9c674858a9c01a21937ee55790565380.jpg

Variety

Death Stranding was the first game I played this year immediately upon getting my PS5, and one of the best experiences I've enjoyed in video gaming over the course of 2023. This is incredible news, and I'm already salivating at the prospect of all the collector edition 4K disc releases this is sure to generate. Bring it on!

Jordan Peele as director?

Of course Death Stranding is quite an experience and finally good old Hideo will fulfill his dream of making a movie without the need to camouflage them within the games.

I guess DS2 will arrive before the movie.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

IMHO, there were were some cool action scenes but the characters and story paled in comparison to the original. Not knocking you for enjoying it though, just poking a bit of fun! Cheers

Yeah soon I will have a double-header watch of the Point Break’s! :) 📺 📀 🎬

Point Break 4K (Blu-ray) Temporary cover art

Point Break 4K (Blu-ray) Temporary cover art

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Noir21 said:

Jordan Peele as director?

Of course Death Stranding is quite an experience and finally good old Hideo will fulfill his dream of making a movie without the need to camouflage them within the games.

I guess DS2 will arrive before the movie.

Wouldn't that be something to have Peele on board? IIRC, the details of his next project are still under wraps, but he's recently talked about how excited he is about trying to pull it off. And he and Kojima are collaborating on a video game OD... There's certainly a lot of potential there for future team-ups between the two of them.

And yeah, I would expect DS2 well before the movie. Maybe this year or next. I can't wait to play it!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Wouldn't that be something to have Peele on board? IIRC, the details of his next project are still under wraps, but he's recently talked about how excited he is about trying to pull it off. And he and Kojima are collaborating on a video game OD... There's certainly a lot of potential there for future team-ups between the two of them.

And yeah, I would expect DS2 well before the movie. Maybe this year or next. I can't wait to play it!

That's the reason why I imagine Peele as a director, after seeing them together at the TGA.

Looking forward to more things about Death Stranding, especially because of the story, since I don't have a console to play it, I'll settle for watching it😄

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Noir21 said:

That's the reason why I imagine Peele as a director, after seeing them together at the TGA.

Looking forward to more things about Death Stranding, especially because of the story, since I don't have a console to play it, I'll settle for watching it😄

Oh man, it was so freaking good. First game I play upon getting my PS5 and it completely blew me away. I was freaking obsessed the whole time I was playing it and still think about it often. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Basil said:

Why on God's green earth do they need even try to remake highlander???????

Don't fook with a Cult classic that's perfect as is.

Personally I think it bomb

The purest won't go watch the reboot/reimagination of it.

It's just studios try to.mug you off because they have NO new ideas

Very sad

Basil 👍

Im still reeling at why anyone would try to shoot a sequel to a movie called 'Ice Road' in Australia.

The last thing we're known for is ice....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Awards

Warner Bros The Hanna Barbera Superstars 10 Complete Film Collection (Warner Archive Collection)

Warner Archive will be releasing The Hanna-Barbera Superstars 10 Complete Film Collection in February! The films will be released both as a set, as well as individual releases. I will add cover art and more details when they're officially announced. Right now there isn't a page up for Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose (1987), but unless its a set exclusive, it should be released as well.

Quote:
Synopsis
In 1987, the legendary animation team of William Hanna and Joseph Barbera brought forth a series of ten feature-length animated features to television, all of which would feature their most popular cartoon characters. These films were sold into syndication as the HANNA-BARBERA SUPERSTARS 10, each providing irresistible entertainment. Yogi Bear and Scooby-Doo each star in three productions, along with a one-time only meeting of THE FLINTSTONES and THE JETSONS, Judy Jetson takes the spotlight in her own adventure, while HUCKLEBERRY HOUND heads up an exciting all-star Western, and the loveable TOP CAT and his gang star is a story set in Beverly Hills. For these productions, Hanna-Barbera was able to use many of the original performers who provided their voice talents in the original incarnations to re-create their roles for these films. Animation voice talents including Daws Butler, Don Messick, and Mel Blanc, are the original voice casts of THE JETSONS, Arnold Stang, Marvin Kaplan, and Leo deLyon once again provide their TOP CAT character's voices, and of course, all of the Scooby-Doo gang is on hand to top off the fun. Each of these unique production provide an opportunity for audiences of several generations to celebrate and welcome back their favorite Hanna-Barbera favorites of years past. This first-ever complete collection, remastered in High-Definition, provides a wealth of animation history, as well as entertainment for youngsters who are discovering these characters for the very first time.

Quote:
One of Hanna-Barbera's most beloved characters stands up for law and order in this fast, funny and furryous feature-length animated adventure. It may be the height of the gold rush but all Huckleberry Hound plans to do is settle down at a quaint country farm and raise pigs and goats. But while passing through the small Western town of Two-Bit, California, Huckleberry has his horse stolen by the outlaw Dalton Brothers and he sticks around to win it back in a poker game. After his victory, Huckleberry is on a roll. He is appointed the town's new sheriff, wrestles a chipmunk, proposes marriage to an Indian chief's daughter, disguises himself as a ghost, and if that isn't enough you might as well just watch the movie. There's more fun in The Good, the Bad and the Huckleberry Hound than there is gold in them thar hills!

Quote:
It's the wackiest animated adventure of all space-time when the world's favorite Modern Stone Age Family comes face to face with the First Family of the Future in a matchup that only Hanna-Barbera Studios can delightfully make possible! Thanks to Elroy's malfunctioning tie machine, the Flintstones and Rubbles are zapped into the robot-run future while the Jetsons suddenly find themselves in the dinosaur-filed past. Can our fearless families adapt? And more importantly, will they ever get back home? Find out -- in a time-hopping animated feature-length romp packed with all the gags, gadgets and nonstop fun unleashed when The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones.

Quote:
Despite father George's disapproval, Judy Jetson is totally into Sky Rocker, the biggest intergalactic rock star around. When the teen icon announces a surprise concert, Judy writes a super awesome song and sends it to him. And -- oops -- the song is accidentally switched with an evil magic message from music-hating witch Felonia Funk. Bummer for Judy! Then Felonia goes one diabolical step further: she kidnaps Sky Rocker. What a buzz kill -- but don't freak out yet! Judy and her friends -- along with brother Elroy, family dog Astro and music-loving aliens named Zoomies -- set out to save Sky themselves. Is Judy Jetson the coolest Space Age teenage cartoon star ever? With songs like Gleep Gorp, Jupiter Jump, Rockin' Round the Galaxy, Shootin' Star and Surfin' in Space, the feature-length animated Rockin' with Judy Jetson is a tunefully fun blast not to be surpassed!

Quote:
When Scooby, Scrappy and Shaggy are hired as coaches at Miss Grimwood's Finishing School, they soon discover to their horror that they're not teaching at a girls' school ... they're teaching at a ghouls' school--home to the daughters of rich and famous monsters, like Winnie the Werewolf, Elsa Frankenteen, Sibella Dracula and the Mummy's daughter. But the Scooby gang doesn't let a few monsters stop them from their task. They train the ghouls for a big sports tournament against the boys at a nearby military academy. And the ghouls win! But danger strikes at a Halloween celebration and it's Scooby and pals to the rescue!

Quote:
When Dracula's venerable old werewolf retires to Florida, the vampire decides Shaggy will make the perfect replacement. Dracula locks Scooby, Scrappy, Shaggy and Shaggy's girlfriend, Googie, in his scary castle, where they are forced to dine on everything from frog fudge to spider souffle. And Shaggy becomes "shaggier" than ever when Dracula turns him into a werewolf! To become his old self, Shaggy must win the Monster Rally car race. But obstacles lurk around every bend: dangerous cliffs, lava pits, even vampire bees! And it will take everything Scooby and the gang can do to help Shaggy win.

Quote:
When Shaggy takes Scooby and Scrappy-Doo to the Southern plantation he's inherited from his Uncle Beauregard, they find a creepy manservant, a collection of ghostly tenants, and a fortune in family jewels hidden somewhere on the estate! Terrified, Scooby and Shaggy call in the services of the Boo Brothers--Freako, Streako and Meako--a team of barely scary ghosts. But as ghosts chase ghosts, they all chase Scooby, Scrappy and Shaggy from one end of the estate to the other, through trap doors and secret tunnels, onto runaway contraptions and into dangerous booby traps, with hairbreadth escapes at every turn!

Quote:
How did alley cats Top Cat, Choo-Choo, Brain, Fancy-Fancy and Benny the Ball end up in the swanky mansion of Gertrude Vandergelt? What's Benny doing in a dog pound? And why are the conniving butler Snerdly and his mad wolfhound Rasputin out to get Benny? Get the breathless answers to these and other nutty questions in the fabulous feature-length animated caper Top Cat and the Beverly Hills Cats. What starts off as another ordinary day in Hoagie Alley's turns into an adventurous romp through Beverly Hills, with Top Cat and the gang riding in limos, attending lavish costume parties and saving the heir to the Vandergelt fortune! Original Top Cat series voice actors Arnold Stang (T.C.), Marvin Kaplan (Choo-Choo), Leo De Lyon (Spook and Brain) and John Stephenson (Fancy-Fancy) memorably reprise their roles.

Quote:
Jellystone Park is on high alert: Tourists are flocking to Jellystone's Picnic Rock and aliens are close behind them! In a rollicking feature-length adventure, Yogi and Boo-Boo are beamed up on a spaceship, and alien invaders send clones of our two heroes called Duploids, back to Earth in their place. And although hard to believe possible, the Duploids cause more trouble that the real deals. Hopefully, Yogi and Boo Boo can make it off the ship and back in time to save Jellystone and the unsuspected picnickers from Duploid destruction. For fantastic family fun, let Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears take over your house!

Quote:
Spring is here and Yogi and Boo Boo wake up from hibernation only to find that some major changes have taken place while they slept the winter away. Jellystone Park is closing down! No more Jellystone Park means no more tourists, and that means no more picnic baskets to pilfer! Yogi, Boo Boo and their new friends, the bear cup triplets, take off in Yogi's homemade getaway mobile -- the supercar -- in search of a new home. All the while Ranger Tim and his hound dog Yapper are hot on their trail! Some familiar cartoon faces make an appearance on this cross-country trip filled with fun, friends and famous American landmarks!
  • Like 4