IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb vinny91:

I checked on different website for "Maryrs" Cover B Mediabook, it's 75€ or 79€ + shipping. and same price for "Eden Lake" Mediabook. 

Also those site don't use paypal. No way I'll bought it. 

Those editions are a bit old, so I think it's more difficult to find. Actually I'm old school, just buying from GB MediaPsycho, or Amazon or Fnac in France. Don't buy anymore on Ebay, prices are so ridiculous, as you said ;) 

Never bought on facebook groups .... either I don't know the group or I miss the edition ... I'm not so old but not very good for buisness 😃 

Do you mean the attached one?

Yes.... I would love to see some Mediabooks GB at MP...but I think it's to difficult to manage, because of the very rare stuff...some of them are just limited to 111 pieces... :/

eBay is good for Amarays...you get BDs and UHDs for a very good price...and most of them were just been watched once, from guys like you an me, and are in perfect condition. And as I intend to watch them anyways, I don't mind buying not sealed Amarays. ;)

Screenshot_2022-06-29-19-43-42-71_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Veum:

I concur with Revenge as it is a very good female assassin film 🎞 

I have  The Descent right now from our local library and intend to watch…  maybe today! :)

I totally love both movies.

Revenge is a very nice revenge thriller....with a stunning looking actress... :D

And The Descent, is still one of the best horror-survival-movies I know...the second Part is a little bit slower, but still ok.

• Like 6

vor 5 Stunden schrieb vinny91:

It seems we got common taste for french horror movies :)  Maybe you already know, but I just checked & saw on google, there is plenty of mediabook in Austria for horror movies.

I forgot to talk about "High Tension" which is excellent , I saw it in theater at the time, never saw at the movie such tension. And so, you can find some mediabook in Austria.

I'm absolutly 100% agree with you, the making of from Pascal Laugier movies are as excellent & important as the movie itself.

I never saw movies from Bustillo / Maury ... but I'll check & try to watch their movies ;) 

It's sad because we do not have many horror / survival movies in France ... there are mostly comedy or drama in theater. 

Another must have in a collection ... never find a nice steelbook or digibook for a decent price .... movie called "Eden Lake", for me it's the best UK survival / horror movie.

Of course ... we can't miss "The Descent" from Neil Marshall. Next movies from this director are not very good. But "The Descent" is a big slap 

I have this steelbook , but you may find mediabooks in Germany / Austria

The Descent - Steelbook Édition Limitée Blu-ray | Zavvi France The Descent 1 "Limited 111 Mediabook Edition" Cover A OOP: Amazon.de: DVD &  Blu-ray   The Descent - Abgrund des Grauens Uncut Mediabook (Blu ry   DVD) Cover B  Limitiert auf 333 Exemplare: Amazon.de: DVD & Blu-ray

If you did not see it ... check the movie "Revenge", pretty good survival / horror , there is 2 different steelbook ... first one is glossy & embossed title, it's a spanish edition.

Revenge-steelbook-ES-1-1.jpg   Revenge-steelbook-ES-2.jpg

and the second one, is a german edition, still available , full glossy ... but if you get it in Italia, you'll get the bluray + the soundtrack on CD. 

Did not like quiet enough this movie to buy steelbook. 

Revenge-steelbook-1.jpg

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Mutantsmiley:

@hal56 @vinny91

Have you guys been in my movie room again??20220629_095344.thumb.jpg.eac105c5c2e1a4a03a14b98d353622a8.jpg20220629_095500.thumb.jpg.c958b9b223b8a08432c2483961a580b0.jpg

20220629_095542.thumb.jpg.6b342e80cd67c4c290ddaf8699717f0d.jpg

I love those movies too. I haven't been aggressively looking for special editions of them though...

We definitely have equal taste and think very much alike, guys 😄

The Spanish Steelbook of Revenge ist by far my favorite.

I combined it with the Second Sight Fullslip Edition. An excellent match in my opinion

With Descent I chose the d´ailly Fullslip and the awesome steelbook:

image.thumb.jpeg.a9482cde5d40e6ce16b1cca2ab19391e.jpeg

With my fave 4 french Horror movies: all I´d need now is a padded MB of Haute Tension.

image.thumb.jpeg.e130c488b95559cff44155a72e1a6d22.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

il y a 11 minutes, javi a dit :

Do you mean the attached one?

Yes.... I would love to see some Mediabooks GB at MP...but I think it's to difficult to manage, because of the very rare stuff...some of them are just limited to 111 pieces... :/

Screenshot_2022-06-29-19-43-42-71_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Yes, found this mediabook on german websites .... but no Paypal and high price. 

I spend money this afternoon, it was not planned .... it is The Hunger Games Collection 4K Steelbook from Amazon IT, because can't be delivered with Best Buy as I lived in France.

So I'll wait for few weeks now ... and maybe I'll bought the nice mediabook ... really like this movie ... really great because you don't know why there is such violence, you have to wait till the end to understand the reason. 

As a regular, even there was GB, I would have no chance to get Mediabook with GB for very limited print run. :) 

Il y a 2 heures, Mutantsmiley a dit :

And the media books, I guess I'd rather just have the English on the covers,  but it's normally a German product so that can't be expected. And the foreign titles are never enough of a deterrent to stop me from getting it.  But super high prices would be....

The only issue i have at this point is finding something you would like to buy on Amazon,  etc and it not being shipped to"My" location.  That's a real drag!

@Mutantsmiley I appreciate your message and all informations ... just wished to know how you get your items ... don't think I'll pay for a gold coin, even if it's nice.

You're right, it's normal there is german text on german editions but sometimes .... I prefer havin a flyer with text and audio / video infos.

Since a few years Amazon blocked many things , most annoying is if you live in country, sometimes you can't ship / delivery to an adress in a different country.

And sometimes, you also have to be Prime to buy the item. 

The only thing is to have a buddy all around the world who may buy the product you need on Amazon, & then send it to you. That's the only way. 

• Like 2

Awards

1 hour ago, scohenmarinetech said:

Some new arrivals for the collection. A bunch of Kino Lorber titles from their current sale and The Eurocrypt of Christopher Lee Collection 2 from Severin! The dog arrived a long time ago, but they wanted to be included in the photo.

IMG_3245.thumb.jpg.25f04784d78a8294270dff6e1ed5fab7.jpg

Wow, that fullslip dog looks great,

I'm sure Weet would be proud of him

😉😁

• Haha 13

🥤 Mail Call from MP & from other retailers in recent acquisitions! 🤠 🎬 😇 😷

0656A3E1-BB4F-4625-8283-D1F7292C3CE3.gif.06ab9e7c55e69b808c9fa9587a867e10.gif

🎞

A NICE HUGE cornucopia of goodies, hey! 🙂

2C957E16-CE81-42AD-94EF-2E09284C2F22.jpeg.c4701884dbe733a237320e6445f29d63.jpeg

image.gif.3dbb5f4354a52200098b595111768c7d.gif

MP

UHD Club - Bumblebee wooden-colored box

Zavvi GB 4Ks - Spider-Man No way Home, RoboCop, Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein

ML - The Prestige DL

Best Buy SBs - Universal Soldier, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

AMZ - Fury BD

CeDe - Seven Sister’s 4K

TARGET - Dexter New Blood SB BD, The Contractor 4K

Diabolikdvd Drive 4K 

7CBFEDD7-75F9-41CC-884A-7ABA3E88C7A1.jpeg

• Like 34

7 hours ago, Mutantsmiley said:

@hal56 @vinny91

Have you guys been in my movie room again??20220629_095344.thumb.jpg.eac105c5c2e1a4a03a14b98d353622a8.jpg20220629_095500.thumb.jpg.c958b9b223b8a08432c2483961a580b0.jpg

I love those movies too. I haven't been aggressively looking for special editions of them though...

Here is a link for a online shop that offers a lot off horror movies.

Link Here

Edited by ukade2327
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Awards

7 hours ago, Mutantsmiley said:

@hal56 @vinny91

Here is a link for a online shop that offers a lot off horror movies.

Link Here

Edited by ukade2327
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Awards

vor 17 Stunden schrieb vinny91:

Yes, found this mediabook on german websites .... but no Paypal and high price. 

What do you mean with "high price"?

The release price for it was from 40-45€ (depending on the shop)

If you bought it from the initial shop (Eyk Media) It was 46 € incl. shipping.

So if you would find someone offering it for 60-70 incl. insured shipping to France...well, that would be a very nice and very fair price. Because shipping to France with DHL is 13,99€. And the price is going up (maybe) tomorrow, because DHL raises their prices on some stuff.;)

About the GBs: you got a good point, but thinking of the limitations of these MBs, I think that even platinum members would have some trouble to get in. ;)

Edited by javi
  • Like 1

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Gentleman:

Wow, cool, gleich die komplette Collection! Sind aber auch alle genial!

Clapping Applause GIF

Bei mir hat's nur für eins gereicht, ist auch heute gekommen... 😎 Und ich glaub das ist die kleinste Nummer, die ich bisher hatte...😅

1.thumb.jpg.429d8dda07157b3983ea93c0aa262378.jpg2.thumb.jpg.629d0ba58aa484c3f16b7bde2d1e8697.jpg

Ja, ist einer meiner absoluten Tier Favoriten der letzten Jahre, da musste ich einfach durch und nachdem Manta, Weet, FAC und HDzeta für mich leider immer uninteressanter werden, muss das Geld woanders hin... 😅😋🤣

Das wattierte ist aber auch MEGA. Da können sich so manche eine Scheibe abschneiden. :)

Edited by javi
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Il y a 2 heures, javi a dit :

What do you mean with "high price"?

The release price for it was from 40-45€ (depending on the shop)

If you bought it from the initial shop (Eyk Media) It was 46 € incl. shipping.

So if you would find someone offering it for 60-70 incl. insured shipping to France...well, that would be a very nice and very fair price. Because shipping to France with DHL is 13,99€. And the price is going up (maybe) tomorrow, because DHL raises their prices on some stuff.;)

hi @javi

when I say "high price" ... it's totally subjective ... price was 45 € + shipping on "shop.dtm.at" ... did not know this website. 

you surelly right saying it's a fair price ... but I never paid such price for an MB so I was surprised. 

Sometimes we have to make some choices, and I do not know if this "Martyrs" MB is a priority or not. I have also many artbooks for movies, since Covid, prices are higher

So between premium editions & artbooks , it's a hard to choose ;) 

Already have many preorders just in France & a great artbook for this summer "E.T" (it comes with goodies inside the books). It will be very nice with my UHDClub edition :) 

• Like 3

Awards

vor 7 Stunden schrieb CAYENNE-FAHRER:

today new

Doctor Strange Replik - Set   ( Eye of Agamotto,Levitation Cloak Pins and Sling Ring )

for my Showcase, from Zavvi

15.jpg.a6625988c4e0044792526789f5461a58.jpg

16.jpg.281a5936d9c27deb9d7f2a9106761bc7.jpg

17.jpg.5a1ad8edb0969a6d2e81b40dff129cbb.jpg

18.jpg.222ee79e5def9ca8a9e26370c5676a22.jpg

Meins kam auch heute! 😁 Bin etwas enttäuscht über die Kratzer auf der Oberseite der Box (man kann es auf dem Bild nicht so gut erkennen). Und das obwohl die noch mal in 'nem Schutzslip war. Da wurde scheinbar bei der Produktion nicht sauber gearbeitet. Na ja, wird man nachher eh nicht sehen, da ich es aufklappen werde.

Stephen Colbert Idk GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Aber macht schon was her!...😎

1.thumb.jpg.84704b5b2ce8ed2427509ec03bcc870b.jpg2.thumb.jpg.648168aa2f53f2e1a8696146499bfd7e.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2022 at 1:15 AM, DodgyDave said:

I still think the HDz WWA 3D DL is the best edition out there. 

I've got all the FAC editions and the HDz 4K WWA, but the 3D DL is the king in my opinion. (I've got one of the discless 3D slips with the HMV 4K steel in as my "watching" steel) 

I don't know if you have it, but my favorite edition is the UHD Club Wooden Box set. I had(big mistake selling them) both the Single and Double-Lenti HDZ versions but UHD Club beats them IMO. 

• Like 4

It's been a while since I last shared anything here but a fair few things have arrived. Here's everything from the past one and a half months or so :)

Steelbooks first, no premiums for this post, but a few are on their way. I don't know if it's just me but I feel like the quality for regular releases has started to improve again?

IMG_0016.thumb.jpg.d5a42e51292d25ac4279600610e8020f.jpg

IMG_0017.thumb.jpg.957fc84e2ef04ada60dcb94598a2d16f.jpg

Then some newer boutique releases, Drive from Second Sight being the highlight of course.

IMG_0018.thumb.jpg.679065a4d6d867ae1aef422896d850cf.jpg

And also a few older boutiques that have joined the collection.

IMG_0019.thumb.jpg.9a4a647f4d41373dbf125f33e2f7970f.jpg

• Like 39

Awards

vor 2 Stunden schrieb vinny91:

hi @javi

when I say "high price" ... it's totally subjective ... price was 45 € + shipping on "shop.dtm.at" ... did not know this website. 

you surelly right saying it's a fair price ... but I never paid such price for an MB so I was surprised. 

Sometimes we have to make some choices, and I do not know if this "Martyrs" MB is a priority or not. I have also many artbooks for movies, since Covid, prices are higher

So between premium editions & artbooks , it's a hard to choose ;) 

Already have many preorders just in France & a great artbook for this summer "E.T" (it comes with goodies inside the books). It will be very nice with my UHDClub edition :) 

You're absolutely right sir, it's most of the time subjective. ;)

But this time...45 + shipping is "cheap" or even not a typical scalper price like on other Mediabooks. It's also a "fluffy" (wattiert!) one. They cost always a bit more, compared to normal Mediabooks. But, the prices of Mediabooks went up during the inflation, like everything else and they will keep rising, till we stop buying. 🤫😅

Btw... I think, that artbooks are a great add on, to movies...but as you said, very well, we have to decide, what's important and what we can and want to afford. Because unfortunately, we can't buy everything, that's for sure...even if we want to. :)

Edited by javi
  • Like 3