IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

7 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

I always go go for the 4k option if it's available ... I can really tell the difference myself and i think some remasters look really good. For me 3d disc is the meh of discs.

To be fair, in this case, the 4K transfer has not been well received, mostly for having the film grain scrubbed out of it. As the new master was created for the 3D re-release, however, neither would really be better than the other in terms of seeing it with a natural filmic appearance. The transfer was supervised by Cameron though, so like it or not, it’s as he intended. I just hope he doesn’t do the same for the forthcoming Abyss and True Lies 4K releases.

• Like 1

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
2 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

U not a 4k release fan?? I always go go for the 4k option if it's available ... I can really tell the difference myself and i think some remasters look really good. For me 3d disc is the meh of discs. From what I see not a great deal have a 3d TV to maximise the 3d release. I can agree I would of loved that edition to have the 4k disc 😂😂

No. I’m not a fan of 4K. 

It is a con. 

I can understand why “you” want to believe that the £1.5k you spent on your 4k telly is justified. 

As I own a top class 4k TV and a top class 3D TV, I can tell you which one I prefer to watch the corresponding films in. B|

I agree that T2 in 3D is no better, or even worse, than the original 2D/k release. That’s because it was never filmed in that way. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

To be fair, in this case, the 4K transfer has not been well received, mostly for having the film grain scrubbed out of it. As the new master was created for the 3D re-release, however, neither would really be better than the other in terms of seeing it with a natural filmic appearance. The transfer was supervised by Cameron though, so like it or not, it’s as he intended. I just hope he doesn’t do the same for the forthcoming Abyss and True Lies 4K releases.

I haven't actually watched it yet. But it's a film I thought would be great in 4k... I'm a little disappointed now ☹️... It must work for some and not others. I just watched the new 4k remaster of pet semetary a few nights ago and the difference was amazing. A really good transfer.

2 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

No. I’m not a fan of 4K. 

It is a con. 

I can understand why “you” want to believe that the £1.5k you spent on your 4k telly is justified. 

As I own a top class 4k TV and a top class 3D TV, I can tell you which one I prefer to watch the corresponding films in. B|

I agree that T2 in 3D is no better, or even worse, than the original 2D/k release. That’s because it was never filmed in that way. 

We will agree to disagree lol. And my TV was only £800 I got a bargain 😉 whatever we feel about it we still buy the editions regardless so the wallet always wins 😁

• ★ Administrators ★
Just now, Robertm89 said:

We will agree to disagree lol. And my TV was only £800 I got a bargain 😉 whatever we feel about it we still buy the editions regardless so the wallet always wins 😁

My particular gripe is with the lazy manufacturers.

3D imax is still immensely popular in cinemas. 

For some reason the Samsungs of this world have decided that they can con people into believing that they can really see a difference with 4k, and recently 8k !!

Rather than spending more time figuring out how to do 3D without those awful glasses, they just keep pumping out resolutions that most human eyes can’t compute. 

I am an old cynical bast...

I’ve seen it all before. :D

My particular gripe is with the lazy manufacturers.

3D imax is still immensely popular in cinemas. 

For some reason the Samsungs of this world have decided that they can con people into believing that they can really see a difference with 4k, and recently 8k !!

Rather than spending more time figuring out how to do 3D without those awful glasses, they just keep pumping out resolutions that most human eyes can’t compute. 

I am an old cynical bast...

I’ve seen it all before. :D

Yeah I totally agree. If i go to the cinema now I do 3d. Or the 4dx. Made me laugh when I read about Samsung releasing an 8k TV. When no one is doing anything 8k yet and 4k is just starting to become more popular as a platform. I would love an all in one 4k/3d tv that was just the stop using inappropriate language lol. I think they just know we are gonna get our money regardless. Btw is your 3d tv any good ? I have a decent TV. I was gonna look at a 3d one for bedroom when the missus is watching crap I could go and hide and watch movies haha. 😁

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, Robertm89 said:

Yeah I totally agree. If i go to the cinema now I do 3d. Or the 4dx. Made me laugh when I read about Samsung releasing an 8k TV. When no one is doing anything 8k yet and 4k is just starting to become more popular as a platform. I would love an all in one 4k/3d tv that was just the stop using inappropriate language lol. I think they just know we are gonna get our money regardless. Btw is your 3d tv any good ? I have a decent TV. I was gonna look at a 3d one for bedroom when the missus is watching crap I could go and hide and watch movies haha. 😁

My Samsung 46” 3D TV is the dogs boll....

The picture is as good as the Samsung 55” 4k TV in the bedroom.

The sound from the 4k TV is far better than the native sound from the 3D TV, but I have a Sony 500 watt cinema sound system connected to it. (3D TV)

Believe me, when Thor bangs his hammer in the ground, the earth moves in my lounge. :D

• Like 1

My Samsung 46” 3D TV is the dogs boll....

The picture is as good as the Samsung 55” 4k TV in the bedroom.

The sound from the 4k TV is far better than the native sound from the 3D TV, but I have a Sony 500 watt cinema sound system connected to it. (3D TV)

Believe me, when Thor bangs his hammer in the ground, the earth moves in my lounge. :D

That sounds like a setup I'd like very much ...I'll bring the popcorn and nachos 😂😂 

tenor (4).gif

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

There’s the minuscule amount that my misses will allow me to display at any one time. :PLEURE:575E336F-EFE6-4094-912A-C4E9823A0C69.thumb.jpeg.98cd375c2a5d60d72c1bfaccbc8d77bb.jpeg

Haha not to shabby at all mate... You have 2 I've been looking for a while that I can't not find at all apart from some awful eBay prices.... Batman v suoerman and wonder woman... So if you ever wanna make room let me know 😉😉

• ★ Administrators ★
5 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

Haha not to shabby at all mate... You have 2 I've been looking for a while that I can't not find at all apart from some awful eBay prices.... Batman v suoerman and wonder woman... So if you ever wanna make room let me know 😉😉

Believe me, I’ve more than 2 that you have been “looking for”  :D

• ★ Administrators ★

@Robertm89

You and I have occupied this thread long enough. 

Here is one last photo for you, of stuff hidden behind the ones on display. All those on display have stuff behind them. Then there are boxes full of stuff upstairs. 

I wish I could display them like my friend @Benoit46 does, but my misses moans if I start getting them all out. (Phnarr phnarr)  :D

4DA2B40F-E4BC-47AE-9840-66928FA388CF.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robertm89 said:

I haven't actually watched it yet. But it's a film I thought would be great in 4k... I'm a little disappointed now ☹️... It must work for some and not others. I just watched the new 4k remaster of pet semetary a few nights ago and the difference was amazing. A really good transfer.

Just like Blu-Ray before it, a poor transfer is a poor transfer, but I wouldn’t let another dude eat my dinner and tell me it needs more salt. Only you can decide what you prefer or how much tinkering you can tolerate. My personal preference is to have a 30 year old film look like a 30 year old film and not something that was shot digitally last year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 45Caliber said:

Just like Blu-Ray before it, a poor transfer is a poor transfer, but I wouldn’t let another dude eat my dinner and tell me it needs more salt. Only you can decide what you prefer or how much tinkering you can tolerate. My personal preference is to have a 30 year old film look like a 30 year old film and not something that was shot digitally last year.

It's all about opinions mate. If we agreed on everything all the time it be boring 😉

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
il y a une heure, DodgyDave a dit :

@Robertm89

You and I have occupied this thread long enough. 

Here is one last photo for you, of stuff hidden behind the ones on display. All those on display have stuff behind them. Then there are boxes full of stuff upstairs. 

I wish I could display them like my friend @Benoit46 does, but my misses moans if I start getting them all out. (Phnarr phnarr)  :D

fortunately for me my wife has the same virus so it goes .. for the moment... :D

it like simple to crack because my Hot Toys or other figurines take more and more space and begins to encroach on his side ..default_192.gif.3c663ff8efaed3c2c96a427414fd9e16.gif

• Haha 2