IGNORED

Plain Archive Macbeth (Plain Archive Exclusive PA#043) (Blu-ray Full-Slip) [Korea]

atomicblonde

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I purchased the Zavvi Steel of "The Scottish Play" some time ago but I most assuredly ordered the PA release as well (Type B cover).

I think the film is excellent and I'm saddened it did not receive more acclaim.

Mind, when I hear of students in "English" class in Universities whining about having to study Shakespeare, I just shake my head in disbelief.

23 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I purchased the Zavvi Steel of "The Scottish Play" some time ago but I most assuredly ordered the PA release as well (Type B cover).

I think the film is excellent and I'm saddened it did not receive more acclaim.

Mind, when I hear of students in "English" class in Universities whining about having to study Shakespeare, I just shake my head in disbelief.

I was never given the chance to study Shakespeare as the class I was placed in was deemed  below par to follow the work needed to do exams in any of his writings  .

Both of our kids have changed that direction a little bit . Both are working on this play and I got this movie to try and help them visually see that world.

Boy oh boy did I get a brilliant movie so PLEASED PA showed it the LOVE it deserves  ??

I'm fortunate enough to own a leather bound collection of Shakespeare's works (illustrated and annotated), published by Gramercy Press.

I started my daughter on it the same way I was started by my Grand-Father, Henry the V, "Crispin Day" speech.

Essentially I told her "when you comprehend what Henry is saying here, you are ready to read the rest".

She did, and, she did.

She then started on Milton and then branched into Tolkien, where she inevitably rooted into the fantasy genre.

My daughter breezed through High-School English class.

She is now starting her own daughter (my sweet Grand-daughter, 9) on Lewis Carroll (Alice) and C.S. Lewis (Narnia). From my library, heh, as I have them all...

When she finishes the books (well, stories, the books encompass many) she then gets to watch the films.

She LOVES them! I would put her reading calibre at present, that of a 13 year old.

• extantsrevenge changed the title to Macbeth (Plain Archive Exclusive PA#043) (Blu-ray Full-Slip) [Korea]

Archived