IGNORED

Media Psychos Euro 2024 Prediction Game/Challenge

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have been top 3 if I hadn’t changed my Italy-Spain score literally at the last minute.

i had 2-1 in favor of Spain and for some reason I convinced myself Italy would come on out top, so changed to 2-3  😞

Nevertheless it was my best day so far with 2 perfect predictions.

@extantsrevenge

2d1bfb7a5e368261486301d001f0bcd9.gif

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Haha 10

Yesterday Spain won... a great victory... 🤘

I didn't expect it to be so easy. The pizza the Italians ate at noon must have been really bad. :D 

I imagined @Noir21 jumping for joy in the Hub surrounded by boxes and more boxes, waving the flag in the air...

But there was something even more incredible: I have climbed to the middle of the ranking. Unbelievable. That must be the highest I've been in all the games over the years.

That must mean I've made coherent and sensible bets, and I'm worried. Am I becoming a sensible guy? A Psycho shouldn't be sensible, by definition, or he'll/she'll end up taking stock of his purchases..... :P 

• Haha 9
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

I would have been top 3 if I hadn’t changed my Italy-Spain score literally at the last minute.

i had 2-1 in favor of Spain and for some reason I convinced myself Italy would come on top, so changed to 2-3  😞

Nevertheless it was my best day so far with 2 perfect predictions.

@extantsrevenge
image.gif.8c23902f2ab41e71f04b5f411dfa42de.gif

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95267q41ssckz2efj5lwo

;) 

• Haha 7

• ★ Administrators ★

@CarbonizedMando I did not even know that the Copa America is also running, looks like they don't care in Europe about that, no news at all 😅. Anyway the event has already started and 1 Soccer Event is enough for me 😆.

Awesome news @raylight, so it truely was your day ❤️

lets-go-minion-playing-soccer-dj00xobrcu4mhft4.gif

also you're on to something, not trusting this French dominance with the predictions. @Lwaz had 17 Points and won his 2nd Game day 😲. Then you noticed already @bilbon @R1s1ngs0n rise to prominence, it must have something to do with the stupid draws. How much did you guys offer the teams

tumblr_mgr4z1c57Z1qedb29o1_500.gif

I mean 4 draws in 6 games 🤬

I smell a huge #Baguette conspiracy 🤣

e2deb398-c5fe-4fb2-8103-ef3f1415d6ae_tex

But did you notice that our good @Psycho Bunny is almost last place, but that one is easy to explain. Look at the footage I found

soccer.gif

Anyway I'm not giving up and I will get some points today

ENBW_GIF_4_Yeah_v1+%25281%2529.gif

• Haha 10

6 hours ago, raylight said:

Next matches:

15:00 CET

Slovakia.png.742dd2013b9c535edb04363f0c44ff6a.png: Ukraine.png.8ecc3d4f241cfb024b785798c1ee2a9b.png

18:00 CET

Poland.png.9b976dc65143ba756db12a91eed12829.png: Austria.png.50f2a3b4e9b55904b2ba3c48695c7fc4.png

21:00 CET

Netherlands.png.205fa1177f63904d2fff27ea33992012.pngFrance.png.7c20ea3da1db7084d05837100e954936.png

🤠 @raylight Daniel no soccer beauties today, what! 😝 

Despicable Me Reaction GIF

I’ll have to supply my own beauties then, albeit Christmas 🎄 beauties at that!! 😜

Spoiler

Jingle Bells.gif

hamster GIF

5 hours ago, raylight said:

@extantsrevenge Nils late 😂 

angry-wife-pissed-wife_nils2.gif.16bf6bb1d583bebb5f0c2a695a89f339.gif tumblr_pehrzdt3yF1vb46leo1_400.gifv

Work Working GIF 

Half Girlfriend Bollywood GIF by bypriyashah

• Stick Tongue 1

🤠 ️ to all you experts on the game, if a match ends in a draw could we not have a shoot-off where each team gets their chance at a score by lining up a mate against their foes goalie and trying to score a goal, if the 1st team scores or does not score the 2nd team gets a chance until someone DOES SCORE and the other team was not able to score thus leaving a clear WINNER, hmm 🧐 

Arnold Schwarzenegger Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

• Like 1

@raylight Daniel 2 new record for france and Netherlands tonight point out by commentary

1. First 0-0 in this euros 2024

2. Longest var check in this euros

Trophy's required 🤣🤣🤣

Have to honestly say france are not same without mbappe which is a real shame, does make you bit sad.

School report could have done alot better 😢

• Haha 4

• ★ Administrators ★

giphy.gif

with your Team?

@Lwaz @R1s1ngs0n @bilbon @JojoFrance76 @cypheria078 @tigrou82 @coupelle 

I wanted some points 😅

Another bad prediction day for me at least I gained 1 point at @R1s1ngs0n and @Lwaz had a stumble with his predictions 😜

giphy.gif

@Veum @PRIAPISM @Ultraviolence congratulations on 9 Points yesterday.

@Psycho Bunny

giphy.gif

Watching the Portugal Game later today, I hope they do better than in the first one

giphy.gif

• Like 10

il y a une heure, extantsrevenge a dit :

giphy.gif

with your Team?

@Lwaz @R1s1ngs0n @bilbon @JojoFrance76 @cypheria078 @tigrou82 @coupelle 

I wanted some points 😅

Another bad prediction day for me at least I gained 1 point at @R1s1ngs0n and @Lwaz had a stumble with his predictions 😜

giphy.gif

@Veum @PRIAPISM @Ultraviolence congratulations on 9 Points yesterday.

@Psycho Bunny

giphy.gif

Watching the Portugal Game later today, I hope they do better than in the first one

giphy.gif

We don’t know how to score a goal without Mbappé 😭.

And it seems Deschamps doesn’t know we have a very good young player (Barcola) in the group 🤬.

And I’ve better don’t say what I think about Thuram. It seems he plays only thanks to his name 🤬🤬🤬🤬
image.gif.0bc20856315c7090d96b3f3d682e1fc5.gif

• Like 6

I'm more and more wondering aboutthe referees decisions and how the rules are "interpreted".  🤮

Sorry, but Holland goal was 100% valid from my point of view. And they also have a complete team as video referee and do nothing. So frustrating.

Here a pic where Holland shoot at the goal, the France goalkeeper is still getting up from the shoot before:

Frame 21678/25610

image.png.3c7bbf062e6ea33731338dbf7dfe3176.png

1. How could a goalkeeper be "irritated" by a player which stand beside him and not on front of him ?

2. How fast can a goalkeeper be ? Faster than "The Flash" or faster than "Lucky Luke" ? 🤣

Next screen is just when the balll is on the position where a goalkeeper might have the chance to catch it.

frame 21698 - ball just in front of keeper. Keeper is still standing up.

image.png.c0141e6be30a10d49e68eaa6ed52b91b.png

frame 21703 - ball passed already keeper. Holland's player cannot irritate the keeper and fun fact beside. He's still standing at the same position, left to keeper, not in front.

image.png.201a02d3316e7c3eeb0be3b0b69ac0eb.png

frame 21713 - ball in already behind the line. Keeper nearly stood up but looking after the ball in the goal. 😄

image.png.836abd0e9907efdda82a3d65c3cc22e2.png

total sequence fromshooting the ball until ball behing goal line:

21713 - 21678 = 35 frames (50fps) = 0,7sec !

Totally clear: a goalkeeper can stand up, see where the next ball will go and fetch it within 0,7sec. 🤪

I don't care who played there but the interpretation of the rules is just ridiculous.

Edited by raylight
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, raylight said:

I'm more and more wondering aboutthe referees decisions and how the rules are "interpreted".  🤮

Sorry, but Holland goal was 100% valid from my point of view. And they also have a complete team as video referee and do nothing. So frustrating.

Here a pic where Holland shoot at the goal, the France goalkeeper is still getting up from the shoot before:

Frame 21678/25610

image.png.3c7bbf062e6ea33731338dbf7dfe3176.png

1. How could a goalkeeper be "irritated" by a player which stand beside him and not on front of him ?

2. How fast can a goalkeeper be ? Faster than "The Flash" or faster than "Lucky Luke" ? 🤣

Next screen is just when the balll is on the position where a goalkeeper might have the chance to catch it.

frame 21698 - ball just in front of keeper. Keeper is still standing up.

image.png.c0141e6be30a10d49e68eaa6ed52b91b.png

frame 21703 - ball passed already keeper. Holland's player cannot irritate the keeper and fun fact beside. He's still standing at the same position, left to keeper, not in front.

image.png.201a02d3316e7c3eeb0be3b0b69ac0eb.png

frame 21713 - ball in already behind the line. Keeper nearly stood up but looking after the ball in the goal. 😄

image.png.836abd0e9907efdda82a3d65c3cc22e2.png

total sequence fromshooting the ball until ball behing goal line:

21713 - 21678 = 35 frames (50fps) = 0,7sec !

Totally clear: a goalkeeper can stand up, see where the next ball will go and fetch it within 0,7sec. 🤪

I don't care who played there but the interpretation of the rules is just ridiculous.

Yes Daniel we all know the was a goal no doubt agreed

But here in my country they had on telly link to var refs decision 

And there rule book says 

No one should restict the goal keeper 

They where say when the ball was kicked back in that a Dutch player was in the way (just standing there with keeper not able to run thru/past him)

The rules in this case a complete arse

Anyone with common sense would say that's a goal no doubt including at football pundits on telly the whole nine yards

The rules need looking at again

With only the ref on pitch after seeing it himself using common sense making a decision 

No a room in the back just saying no goal

Plus the length of time the pundits thought they where working out how they could make it a dis allowed goal and low and behold they where right with the guess.

Again var gets it badly wrong

👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

• Like 3

6 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

@extantsrevenge

What happened to my team is that they got robbed by the referee and should have won the game, thus giving me 2 precious points. France were better overall but the Oranje should have been awarded that goal.

Very honored of you👏

I am glad that you recognize that that goal from the Netherlands should have gone up on the scoreboard.

This man is an example

Clap Good Job GIF by Team Coco

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Noir21 said:

Very honored of you👏

I am glad that you recognize that that goal from the Netherlands should have gone up on the scoreboard.

This man is an example

Clap Good Job GIF by Team Coco

That’s very kind but I’m not that honorable. That decision cost me 2 points and besides, I’ve always been a staunch supporter of the Dutch team.

Kante is a magnificent player and once again it’s largely thanks to him that France don’t look as bad as they really are, but him alone will not be enough to carry this team beyond the last 16.

• Like 4