IGNORED

Media Psychos Euro 2024 Prediction Game/Challenge

58 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

I hear you bud, honestly I do. But truth be known I’m a little tired of everyone apparently knowing more than Gareth Southgate and whinging about the team. Everyone battered Southgate when he picked Maguire or Phillips repeatedly regardless of form and left the likes of Alexander-Arnold at home, and now he has picked on form and left those up out of form at home (Grealish, Rashford, Phillips etc.) he’s getting battered for that?! The English press constantly do this. It’s about time we actually got behind the team IMO.

Foden 24 goals, Saka 20 goals, Bellingham 23 goals, Palmer 22 goals, Gordon 11 goals & Bowen 17 goals all had Unbelievable seasons, and are arguably each more talented than Grealish with 3 goals this season, so who do you leave out? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Do I think the Swiss will be confident of stifling and beating us? Sure, of course. Do I think they will actually beat us? I don’t. This England squad is better than the Germans current squad. The stats above that I have provided prove this and I didn’t even mention Rice managed 7 goals from deep midfield.

I Totally understand the poor form and the concern, BUT.. We are that good. We have been to the Final & Semi Final last couple of Euros, and we narrowly lost to a stunning France team in the World Cup. When England click, (appreciate the “when” or “if”) then I have no reason to fear Switzerland in all honesty. Again, you may be right and we may crash out, but I’m staying upbeat. Hoping that’s coming across as hopeful and confident and not arrogant.

giphy.gif

👍🏼

No I get where your coming from

I think the hype of we are favourites has given over confidence to the team abit too much. Results are what counts 

I get he gets battered if does this or battered if he does that and that is fair point 👍

But with all these top top goals this season they still have to do better than 1-0 for 3 games

Personally expect 2-1 before we got it, not at the point we are going out.

In my head before all the games I would expect a 3-0 on Switzerland us winning.

Now I'm worried if we could even get a 2-1

The real kicker could be we lose 1-0 and then you get all the excuses under the sun as to why they didn't win but they should have.

They have to turn it on now, time for excuses has passed.

All I would like is them to show the metal for once.

Just once gel and full on attack and don't stop till jobs done.

The killer instinct I have not seen yet, have you????

I give you a stat they had on footy bbc tonight 

The golden boot award has currently 4 people holding it

All with 3 goals

And pointed out by Gary Lineker said its normally alot higher at this point and I have to agree with that.

Var has disallowed lots and lots of goals this time round even due to a toe being offside🤣🤣🤣

This euros for me has been alot worse for it and that needs looking at seriously to get the balance right!

Of genuine offside or a wrist, elbow or half leg is allowed in reality.

For me offside is when there is a body's width with daylight in-between  players that is offside 

The rest of it is over interpretation of the rules to disallow goals and not what the game is about or needs

Oh one thing I do want to ask would you have brought Luke shaw with a ham string injury since Feb and and not healed and not fit!

Bear in mind he still has not played 1 min of football yet???

There saying maybe play 15mins personally me I would left him at home and brought anyone else.

What good is 15 minutes???

That for me breaks Gareth Southgates rules if not good your not coming and if he's not fit he's not a weapon you can use really👍

• Like 2

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Basil said:

No I get where your coming from

I think the hype of we are favourites has given over confidence to the team abit too much. Results are what counts 

I get he gets battered if does this or battered if he does that and that is fair point 👍

But with all these top top goals this season they still have to do better than 1-0 for 3 games

Personally expect 2-1 before we got it, not at the point we are going out.

In my head before all the games I would expect a 3-0 on Switzerland us winning.

Now I'm worried if we could even get a 2-1

The real kicker could be we lose 1-0 and then you get all the excuses under the sun as to why they didn't win but they should have.

They have to turn it on now, time for excuses has passed.

All I would like is them to show the metal for once.

Just once gel and full on attack and don't stop till jobs done.

The killer instinct I have not seen yet, have you????

I give you a stat they had on footy bbc tonight 

The golden boot award has currently 4 people holding it

All with 3 goals

And pointed out by Gary Lineker said its normally alot higher at this point and I have to agree with that.

Var has disallowed lots and lots of goals this time round even due to a toe being offside🤣🤣🤣

This euros for me has been alot worse for it and that needs looking at seriously to get the balance right!

Of genuine offside or a wrist, elbow or half leg is allowed in reality.

For me offside is when there is a body's width with daylight in-between  players that is offside 

The rest of it is over interpretation of the rules to disallow goals and not what the game is about or needs

Oh one thing I do want to ask would you have brought Luke shaw with a ham string injury since Feb and and not healed and not fit!

Bear in mind he still has not played 1 min of football yet???

There saying maybe play 15mins personally me I would left him at home and brought anyone else.

What good is 15 minutes???

That for me breaks Gareth Southgates rules if not good your not coming and if he's not fit he's not a weapon you can use really👍

Personally, no I wouldn’t have taken Shaw. Not defending Southgate for taking him as I agree with you, but I think he took him to play the role of one of the senior experienced heads in the squad, in much the same way he used to take Henderson. Not necessarily there for his input on the pitch.

I wouldn’t be risking Shaw for even 5mins, and I’m pretty sure Ten Haag will be hoping the same. We certainly need to identify a new LB and integrate. Usually would have taken Chillwell I suppose, but we are lacking in that department.

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★

giphy.gif

Hopefully I can say that later today 😅.

Not only for Germany but also for Portugal. I will be watching 2 Games in 1 day 😲, asking myself now

giphy.gif

Anyway, don't forget to enter your predictions: @Movielover @Gary K @Cornbuster @Ultraviolence @Jamie123 @BlackWidow81 @bilbon @Noir21 @JojoFrance76 @ncraft @aluna12 @exogenesis70 @BobaFett1974 

Also late

congrats-6.gif.a25267b807c0e7ca1ff50274853c8a80.gif

to @Hecko who won the last Game day with 29 Points 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1