IGNORED

Media Psychos Euro 2024 Prediction Game/Challenge

vor 13 Minuten schrieb guri008:

we (slovakia) were 1 minute away from beating england 😔 (and from my prediction 0:1 for slovakia).

infortunately, we were not able to hold england until the final whistle. 

anyway, still good tournament for us; even when i consider, we should rename our country to "sloVARkia"

Football Soccer GIF by shremps

respect to your team ! they did a very good job and in the end just not lucky enough to bring that 1:0 over the final line.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, guri008 said:

we (slovakia) were 1 minute away from beating england 😔 (and from my prediction 0:1 for slovakia).

anyway, still good tournament for us; even when i consider, we should rename our country to "sloVARkia"

You didn’t deserve to lose like that. We were so poor for 90mins, as we have been for all of this tournament. Pickford's face when making the last save in the 120min said it all. Slovakia (as have Austria and Georgia) have impressed me this tournament.

My Commiserations. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

58 minutes ago, guri008 said:

@guri008 nothing to hang your head down on, your team played valiantly and controlled most of the match with superb control, IMHO your team is REALLY GOOD pal! 👏 👊 :) ️ 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

You didn’t deserve to lose like that. We were so poor for 90mins, as we have been for all of this tournament. Pickford's face when making the last save in the 120min said it all. Slovakia (as have Austria and Georgia) have impressed me this tournament.

My Commiserations. 

i am surprised how weak england is. they have great players but they dont seem to work like a proper team.

for many years england is the favourite team of my wife (she is slovak), but even she said that england didnt deserve to go on. 

i expect switzerland to beat them in the next round.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Veum said:

@guri008 nothing to hang your head down on, your team played valiantly and controlled most of the match with superb control, IMHO your team is REALLY GOOD pal! 👏 👊 :) ️ 

we dont have many world class players. but we played as a team - one for all. 

of course we are not able to push for 90 minutes. but we played quite well the whole tournament. so i am satisfied 😀

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, guri008 said:

i am surprised how weak england is. they have great players but they dont seem to work like a proper team.

for many years england is the favourite team of my wife (she is slovak), but even she said that england didnt deserve to go on. 

I might agree with you about Switzerland however in this match and beyond I have the eventual WINNER of this tournament as…

kermit gulp GIF

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, guri008 said:

we dont have many world class players. but we played as a team - one for all. 

of course we are not able to push for 90 minutes. but we played quite well the whole tournament. so i am satisfied 😀

You don’t have to have a star-studded squad to win competitions, as proven by Greece in 2004.

I already marked Switzerland as winners against England and I think they are more than capable of winning the whole thing.

They are a remarkably solid team, despite not having any superstars, except maybe Shaqiri.

• Like 5

Just now, R1s1ngs0n said:

You don’t have to have a star-studded squad to win competitions, as proven by Greece in 2004.

I already marked Switzerland as winners against England and I think they are more than capable of winning the whole thing.

They are a remarkably solid team, despite not having any superstars, except maybe Shaqiri.

Scared Breaking Bad GIF by davidsaracino Scared Dog GIF

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

I already marked Switzerland as winners against England and I think they are more than capable of winning the whole thing.

Wait… so you’ve gone for England to win it, but Switzerland to knock us out?

giphy.gif

• Haha 8

23 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

I_dont_know_how_to_answer_that.gif

Did you expect the Swiss to be that impressive? Neither did I.

Did you expect England to be this mediocre? 

giphy.webp

At the risk of upsetting any Swiss Psychos… Do you think they’ve been that impressive? I didn’t watch the match last night but think Italy have been Very poor personally. More so than England. Switzerland for me have been exactly as I expect them to be. They’ve always been a decent side.

As for England being mediocre, I don’t know what is going on. Defensively we’re pretty sound. Just waiting for the forwards to kick into gear and we have plenty of options. 🤞🏼

But, this is football. Nothing is guaranteed. 🤷🏼‍♂️  I’m glad we’ve reached the quarters, but there is an expectation of at least the Semis again in all honesty.

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★

giphy.gif

oh I mean 5 more points and then @R1s1ngs0n I got you 😅

giphy.gif

@Movielover impressive, you are back on top 👍

scoot-diz.gif

@JiumJium you always wait for the game day to place your tips, I do that too ☺️, I always think it gives me and advantage, but somehow my performance is

giphy.gif

Hopefully they wil play good today

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, guri008 said:

you have nothing to be disappointed by your side at all they should have won really, they had kept it at england's end alot

i expected england to lose last night and out.

we did not play like a fully connected team going forward!

we have been playing mediocre last 3 games before they seem to lost the fire of going forward if anyone comes toward them pass back, pass back again back to the keeper. if we keep doing that we deserve to be out, simple as that!

simple as this if we are NOT pushing onto the other sides goal its called attacking xD where do you think goals are going to end up? 

this is england biggest single problem not to mention this is NOT the same squad from last tournament.

the plank gareth southgate left jack grealish(and other players) behind who helped create alot of our goals last tournament in the creation of them not necessarily score them

also he brought out luke shaw who had an injured ham string since feb and still is not fit what was the point in giving him a space on the plane even????

and kieran tripper dont get me started on him ( i know hes playing wrong side but still ), play him in luke shaws place, when kieran will not cut thru and go forward instead he is the pass back king

this is why england sooner rather than later will be toast!

at least grealish runs forward gets fouled gets the penalty thats what we are missing!!!!!!!!!

the swiss i think we will have a real problem there, look what they did with germany they did NOT allow germany to play.

does anyone think they just may do the same to england?

i do!

think if they study englands play and stop them from playing they simply wait and extract a goal or two and that be england done and if thats what i think does go down then england deserve all it gets.

i had re-written "its coming home song"

but i will save it when we are out the tournament.

and think my new lines will be more predictions will follow in that will come true too xD 

i just wonder if england will ever wake up and smell the coffee

they only slightly woke up with 1min left of extra time and we where out, how much of dumb asses have they goto be.

harry kane interview "well we won the group", my added  on bit (JUST!!!!)

my take on englands win last night 

ONLY ENGLAND COULD PUT US THRU THAT

one thing at least it wasnt penalties, we all know where that ends up 🙄

@swish you must be laughing at as us at the moment and now very confident of a win, i dont blame you either 👍

englands other biggest mistake is to listen we are favourites, when the squad was changed alot jack grealish, marcus rashford two come to mind.

gareth does seem to realise tournament football brings out best in players some times regardless of club level playing!

anyway got that out my system now.

lets hope for better football now but im not convinced at all current structure and how there attacking forward xD 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1