IGNORED

Barbenheimer (RaroFilm Studios Exclusive) (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook???) [Italy]

ShadowWarrior

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, mosssmh said:

Official WWA steelbooks, just not officially liscensed slips. It's not bootlegs of the movies themselves

It's not bootleg movies, but I never said the movies were bootleg, the release is.

And let's be fair, nobody is spending 200 euro for the WWA Steelbooks, it's the other stuff that grabs the attention. 

Bootleg is fine as fan projects; some people are into them, but it should be sold as such and priced accordingly otherwise you risk newbies being duped into thinking this is an official release, which it seems not to be. Raro should be more upfront on exactly what they are selling.

• Like 1

Just now, FoldedSteelbook said:

It's not bootleg movies, but I never said the movies were bootleg, the release is.

And let's be fair, nobody is spending 200 euro for the WWA Steelbooks, it's the other stuff that grabs the attention. 

Bootleg is fine as fan projects; some people are into them, but it should be sold as such and priced accordingly otherwise you risk newbies being duped into thinking this is an official release, which it seems not to be. Raro should be more upfront on exactly what they are selling.

I thougt you were calling the actual movies in it bootlegs, sorry for the misunderstanding. And I agree, they should be more upfront about stuff not being officially liscensed

• Like 2

Awards

1 minute ago, mosssmh said:

I thougt you were calling the actual movies in it bootlegs, sorry for the misunderstanding. And I agree, they should be more upfront about stuff not being officially liscensed

ah no, well I guess they have done the bare minimum by going to Amazon and ordering 100 WWA steelbooks rather than try to copy that too. 😄

10 minutes ago, FoldedSteelbook said:

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

Putting studio logos on it if permission is not gained = bootleg. 

@FoldedSteelbook the official product here is the WWA steelbook but you knew that already right????

thats globally released then raro add in there premium packaging now whether you think is official enough for you, basically the same as film arena same as cine museum same as alot but all of those have to i believe get permission from the studios usually but @deckard99 can confirm the process for you, plus if mp was promoting illegal do you think mp be promoting it, i think not!

basil 👍 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FoldedSteelbook said:

ah no, well I guess they have done the bare minimum by going to Amazon and ordering 100 WWA steelbooks rather than try to copy that too. 😄

it is really funny that theyre ordering 500 WWA steelbooks and just effectively trying to flip them with some questionable art.

• Like 2

Awards

1 minute ago, Basil said:

@FoldedSteelbook the official product here is the WWA steelbook but you knew that already right????

thats globally released then raro add in there premium packaging now whether you think is official enough for you, basically the same as film arena same as cine museum same as alot but all of those have to i believe get permission from the studios usually but @deckard99 can confirm the process for you, plus if mp was promoting illegal do you think mp be promoting it, i think not!

basil 👍 

The OC box has both the Warner Bros logo and then Universal Logo and is not officially liscensed artwork. I doubt they got permission for that 

• Like 2

Awards

3 minutes ago, Basil said:

basil 👍 

This seems totally different from the established retailers that receive permission from the studios. This product is clearly unapproved artwork. It's almost like they're trying to be as obvious as possible that this is a bootleg. I assume they're trying to sneak past the studios by only selling a very small number. But I was surprised to see MP promoting this release. Could someone on staff provide details on the legality of this release?

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Basil said:

basil 👍 

I never said the WWA Steelbook was unofficial. 

The release however, I think is bootleg. Barbenheimer is simply not a thing that can be officially licensed, there are no officially licensed posters / screenprints, bath towels, pencil cases etc using Barbenheimer, not even under merchandise license without the added complexity of adding the actual movie and additional permission that takes.

Filmarena had intense difficulty getting Predator released for exactly licensing issues, so it is a bad comparison to make because in the end they had to drop the discs in order to get it shipped, and Filmarena don't put an 80% uplift on the price. 

My point is that to pay 40 euro for a 2 WWA Steelbook, then put some fancy packaging around it (which is kinda ugly anyway imo) with questionable legitimacy and up the price by 80%, it is not a good look, but even then, if there is transparency from Raro that it is not official, then whatever if people really like it and want to spend 200 euro on it, no problem, at least they make an informed purchase. 

Edited by FoldedSteelbook
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Truls said:

I see, thanks!

may I ask around what the shipping could be? Would it be something around the same as the Blade Runner 2049 MAG?

Raro sells direct to customer too, reach out to them and inquire as to shipping to Norway. We're not listed, but they ship to the big EU countries so if you know someone in France, Germany etc. then they could forward it to you if Raro refuse you.

• Like 2

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
6 hours ago, ethnosax said:

This seems totally different from the established retailers that receive permission from the studios. This product is clearly unapproved artwork. It's almost like they're trying to be as obvious as possible that this is a bootleg. I assume they're trying to sneak past the studios by only selling a very small number. But I was surprised to see MP promoting this release. Could someone on staff provide details on the legality of this release?

I’ve followed this thread and we have asked Raro to clarify this issue.  We are under the assumption that it is properly licensed. 

Will report back when we know anything else.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

• ★ Administrators ★
On 12/2/2023 at 6:42 PM, Truls said:

I see, thanks!

may I ask around what the shipping could be? Would it be something around the same as the Blade Runner 2049 MAG?

TBH it wont be worth it for you IF the GB stays as USH HUB only.  Amoung other things we are in discussion of offering for the EU direct shipping but that has not yet been finalized.

Take care

John

• Like 6

• ★ Administrators ★

Raro has stated that they have approvals for these releases. 

The OC may already be sold out, so if you want a copy I suggest you join the GB asap. We'll work with Raro to get as many copies as possible but at the moment I'm not sure if they will be able to meet all our requests or if there is still a few left.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2