IGNORED

Andor Hype/Discussion Thread

GuyIncognit0

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 10:01 AM, Gary K said:

I was planning on rewatching rogue one in the next few weeks as well.  I’m very excited for Andor.  

Did you ever get around to this rewatch?

I took advantage of its IMAX re-release a few weeks ago and decided to venture to my closest true IMAX screen. It was definitely worth it.

I can't believe this releases tomorrow!

star wars GIF

14 minutes ago, CryoSteel said:

I've managed to -- somehow -- stay completely in the dark on this one. Don't think I've even seen a single trailer. I guess, at this point, I just go in completely blind when I watch this tomorrow after work. 😆

The best way to go In tbh trailers give away too much these days 

• Like 2

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
59 minutes ago, CryoSteel said:

I've managed to -- somehow -- stay completely in the dark on this one. Don't think I've even seen a single trailer. I guess, at this point, I just go in completely blind when I watch this tomorrow after work. 😆

Me too. I’ve avoided all trailers. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Gary K said:

Watching it tonight in my home theater!!!

Awesome! Perfect timing!

59 minutes ago, CryoSteel said:

As @Fab_1 said, there is definitely a plus to that. Every now and then I'll tell myself that I'm going into the next Marvel, Star Wars, etc film completely blind but I always give in to temptation and watch a trailer 🤣. Either that or , as you said, it's just impossible to avoid if you go to the theater regularly. 

Make sure to check out the news section of this club for other Star Wars premiere dates - if you want to that is, ha

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

As @Fab_1 said, there is definitely a plus to that. Every now and then I'll tell myself that I'm going into the next Marvel, Star Wars, etc film completely blind but I always give in to temptation and watch a trailer 🤣. Either that or , as you said, it's just impossible to avoid if you go to the theater regularly. 

Make sure to check out the news section of this club for other Star Wars premiere dates - if you want to that is, ha

The theater is where I usually fail. At least for movies. I go far too often to avoid trailers. I have no excuse when it comes to shows. I just have no willpower whatsoever. 😅

• Haha 2

On 9/20/2022 at 8:43 PM, rebelrocks said:

I too have avoided any trailers or reviews on this.  I am really looking forward to this as I loved Rogue One

Same, I've pissed off the dudes on my game night because I sing La La La La with hands over ears when they started speculating.  Now that the first episodes are out, I'm setting aside time tomorrow afternoon to watch all three.  Very excited.  Hoping for a Rogue One level series, adore that movie. 

• Like 4

On 9/21/2022 at 11:32 PM, Fab_1 said:

I think they did a great job setting up the series with the 3 episode premiere. We are off to a great start! 

I agree. I usually don't like it when they drop a bunch of episodes at once but I think, in this case, it was necessary to drive the story forward. I enjoyed the first two episodes but I had so many questions that I would have been a bit disappointed if they came out one by one. Don't get me wrong, I'm still confused but at least we now have some action to entertain my feeble brain.

Overall this show seems to have better production values and dialogue. There haven't been any eye-rolling cheesy moments and the actions scenes are definitely improved compared to Boba Fett and Obi-Wan. I'm excited to see what's next.

I do still have questions though...

Spoiler

After the first episode I was wondering if Cassian was really looking for his sister or was he looking for someone else and Bix is his sister? Now that I've watched a bit more I'm thinking Bix might be a member of his tribe. Also, am I supposed to be in the dark as to who the Corporate Alliance is and what they do?

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 6:15 AM, GuyIncognit0 said:

I agree. I usually don't like it when they drop a bunch of episodes at once but I think, in this case, it was necessary to drive the story forward. I enjoyed the first two episodes but I had so many questions that I would have been a bit disappointed if they came out one by one. Don't get me wrong, I'm still confused but at least we now have some action to entertain my feeble brain.

Overall this show seems to have better production values and dialogue. There haven't been any eye-rolling cheesy moments and the actions scenes are definitely improved compared to Boba Fett and Obi-Wan. I'm excited to see what's next.

I do still have questions though...

Hide contents

After the first episode I was wondering if Cassian was really looking for his sister or was he looking for someone else and Bix is his sister? Now that I've watched a bit more I'm thinking Bix might be a member of his tribe. Also, am I supposed to be in the dark as to who the Corporate Alliance is and what they do?

Spoiler

I was wondering the same thing about bix, what role she will continue to play, who is she exactly etc. either someone cassian met on that planet or someone from kandori? The corpos are just puppets for the empire as far as I’m concerned. But yes it’s strange that we do not have more information, as we’ve never really heard of corpos playing a part before. But yet again everyone serves the empire during this part of the timeline or they are rebels, bystanders or smugglers etc. 

I wouldn’t have hated all the episodes dropped at once hahaha 😝 hard to wait weekly but also builds up the excitement.

Edited by Fab_1
  • Like 1

Awards

I’m not seeing Andor discussed much. Either here or just on social media. I’m sort of baffled because four episodes in I’m astounded. This is fantastic storytelling. The first three episodes had real tension, the ending packed an emotional punch, the acting is wonderful, the dialogue is rich and layered. The show knows when to talk and when to shut up. In simple terms: it tries to SHOW and not tell. We learn more about Andor by how he moves and deals with conflict than by what others characters tell us. I just love it. Better than any Star Wars or Marvel show. Already some of the best Star Wars produced. 

Some might argue it doesn’t feel like Star Wars but I would say it includes classic motifs: antiquated dirty tech, cute droids (trust the people who are kind to droids), rogues, and a classic hero’s journey. 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2022 at 12:38 PM, Christopher said:

I’m not seeing Andor discussed much. Either here or just on social media. I’m sort of baffled because four episodes in I’m astounded. This is fantastic storytelling. The first three episodes had real tension, the ending packed an emotional punch, the acting is wonderful, the dialogue is rich and layered. The show knows when to talk and when to shut up. In simple terms: it tries to SHOW and not tell. We learn more about Andor by how he moves and deals with conflict than by what others characters tell us. I just love it. Better than any Star Wars or Marvel show. Already some of the best Star Wars produced. 

Some might argue it doesn’t feel like Star Wars but I would say it includes classic motifs: antiquated dirty tech, cute droids (trust the people who are kind to droids), rogues, and a classic hero’s journey. 

I agree with you 100%. I think it's good to venture outside of what the usual for Star Wars. The universe is huge and only a minority are force sensitive, bounty hunters, etc. This is a breath of fresh air from a view-point perspective.

I am completely sucked into this one even though the action has been minimal to this point. It looks like it's about to pick up a bit too...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Ari said:

Andor Episodes 6 & 7 were just great, it really shows the intensity and grittiness of the show! I like how they show the brutality of the Empire as well.

I agree.

This is the best Star Wars content since the Mandalorian and Clone Wars Season 7. Unfortunately, I was reading that the viewership is down compared to Obi-wan, Boba Fett, etc. I'm not sure if it's the result of the mediocrity of those shows or Andor itself but I hope the continue to move forward with this and stepping outside of the main characters of the past.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

I agree.

This is the best Star Wars content since the Mandalorian and Clone Wars Season 7. Unfortunately, I was reading that the viewership is down compared to Obi-wan, Boba Fett, etc. I'm not sure if it's the result of the mediocrity of those shows or Andor itself but I hope the continue to move forward with this and stepping outside of the main characters of the past.

I suspect this is a show that will build viewers over time as the hype builds. Each person I’ve told has the same reaction, “ugh idk I can’t do another Star Wars thing” or just burned out on Disney. And when they watch it there is a different reaction…

• Like 1

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy