IGNORED

Andor Hype/Discussion Thread

GuyIncognit0

4 minutes ago, Christopher said:

I suspect this is a show that will build viewers over time as the hype builds. Each person I’ve told has the same reaction, “ugh idk I can’t do another Star Wars thing” or just burned out on Disney. And when they watch it there is a different reaction…

I get that.  My group loves this show.  In fact, between this show and Rogue One, we are all starting to say . . . Luke who?  Let's just keep going with the Caspian Andor Saga, a la Memento. 

And, imho, Disney should get Susanna White to direct every Star Wars project until the end of time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I get that.  My group loves this show.  In fact, between this show and Rogue One, we are all starting to say . . . Luke who?  Let's just keep going with the Caspian Andor Saga, a la Memento. 

And, imho, Disney should get Susanna White to direct every Star Wars project until the end of time.

Honestly I’m really hoping this show sets a new bar for Marvel/SW. Just a “oh crap we need to do better.” 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Christopher said:

, “ugh idk I can’t do another Star Wars thing” or just burned out on Disney. And when they watch it there is a different reaction…

This is how I am currently with Marvel. I haven’t watched anything since the first episode of Ms. Marvel since I’m just burned out.

That doesn’t happen to me with Star Wars for some reason. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2022 at 4:25 AM, Ari said:

Andor Episodes 6 & 7 were just great, it really shows the intensity and grittiness of the show! I like how they show the brutality of the Empire as well.

They just keep coming back to this brutality. What a miserable existence to be in a jail like the one they showed in the last episode.

Anyone have an idea as to what they are building? 

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, CryoSteel said:

I think I reached this conclusion several episodes ago, but Andor is, far and away, the best show on Disney Plus. In fact, regardless of platform, this has just been phenomenal storytelling. 

Just finished watching episode 10.  Yeah, it's the best of these Disney series for sure.  Some fantastic complex characters, even the ancillary characters are interesting and have depth.  I'd prefer a slightly more original origin story, but, hey, the Empire created a lot of displaced children.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, CryoSteel said:

I think I reached this conclusion several episodes ago, but Andor is, far and away, the best show on Disney Plus. In fact, regardless of platform, this has just been phenomenal storytelling. 

Yeah after that episode I think it’s one of the best seasons of television we’ve had period. I’m continually astounded. And that monologue at the end…

65365494-84B4-4476-90F8-A45AA0426EFA.jpeg

C30E7009-DF7C-462D-B093-AD74CE820042.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Christopher said:

Yeah after that episode I think it’s one of the best seasons of television we’ve had period. I’m continually astounded. And that monologue at the end…

65365494-84B4-4476-90F8-A45AA0426EFA.jpeg

C30E7009-DF7C-462D-B093-AD74CE820042.jpeg

Yeah, amazing.  You're watching and you know that he's going to say, "What have I given up? . . . EVERYTHING!!".  But it doesn't matter that you see it coming, it still hits you, such a great moment.  I love how they use Darth Vader imagery/costuming with him, blurring that line of evil/good, "using the tools of my enemy". . . . . fan . . . freakin' . . . tastic.

image.png.c509483d74e87a05a35c02661d0833f2.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Yeah, amazing.  You're watching and you know that he's going to say, "What have I given up? . . . EVERYTHING!!".  But it doesn't matter that you see it coming, it still hits you, such a great moment.  I love how they use Darth Vader imagery/costuming with him, blurring that line of evil/good, "using the tools of my enemy". . . . . fan . . . freakin' . . . tastic.

image.png.c509483d74e87a05a35c02661d0833f2.png

Literally everything you said. This is up there with any monologue in cinema history. And yes he looks like Vader in Empire in this scene. Just wow. I feel like I’ve been waiting for this since I first saw Star Wars as an 11 year old. Took almost 30 years!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Just finished watching episode 10.  Yeah, it's the best of these Disney series for sure.  Some fantastic complex characters, even the ancillary characters are interesting and have depth.  I'd prefer a slightly more original origin story, but, hey, the Empire created a lot of displaced children.

It's taken me a little bit to remember names (that's not always my strong suit), but it's amazing how well I feel I know each and every character. Even the background characters are fleshed out in such dynamic, realistic ways. It helps that the show is incredibly well cast (and the director(s) are getting some fantastic performances out of everyone). Honestly, just some of the subtle looks are saying more than many shows do with their dialogue. 

21 hours ago, Christopher said:

It might be breaking into my top five, if it sticks these last two episodes. Which I'm fully convinced it will. 

21 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

The fact that we're even seeing a darker side to this fledgling rebellion is what makes scenes like this so powerful. We know that they eventually win, but what they had to do to get there... Rogue One hints at it, but Andor is just throwing it all out there. 

• Like 2

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy