IGNORED

The MCU

psychoscot

• ★ Administrators ★
57 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

I think I'm going to skip that most recent trailer and try to stay a little in the dark on this one 👍

Just now, Pbsw23 said:

I used to avoid ALL MCU trailers until recently, but I got sick of either reading something or a mate talking to me about them that I just gave in 😂

I don’t think there’s much in this trailer that you don’t already know from the first one and general knowledge of where the franchise is headed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse': First Poster Arrives in this Multiverse

It's how you wear the mask that matters

059AF76B-E628-4A42-8504-58C5C0F94C06.thumb.jpeg.af84fb9cc7fbf77f865bf6379270a174.jpeg
Miles Morales returns for the next chapter of the Oscar-winning Spider-Verse saga, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, and now a brand new poster for the upcoming film has arrived. Take a peek at it above, featuring a bevy of Spideys — it's how you wear the mask that matters.

After reuniting with Gwen Stacy, Brooklyn’s full-time, friendly neighborhood Spider-Man is catapulted across the Multiverse, where he encounters a team of Spider-People charged with protecting its very existence. But when the heroes clash on how to handle a new threat, Miles finds himself pitted against the other Spiders and must redefine what it means to be a hero so he can save the people he loves most.

The film is directed by Joaquim Dos Santos, Kemp Powers, and Justin K. Thompson, from a screenplay by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller, and David Callaham. The film is produced by Avi Arad. Amy Pascal, Phil Lord. Christopher Miller, and Christina Steinberg, with executive producers Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, Rodney Rothman, Aditya Sood, Rebecca Karch, and Brian Bendis.

The cast includes Shameik Moore, Hailee Steinfeld, Jake Johnson. Issa Rae, Daniel Kaluuya. Jason Schwartzman, Brian Tyree Henry, Luna Lauren Velez. Greta Lee. Rachel Dratch, Jorma Taccone. Shea Whigham and Oscar Isaac. 

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse swings into theaters (and the Multiverse) on June 2, 2023. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gary K said:

I don’t think there’s much in this trailer that you don’t already know from the first one and general knowledge of where the franchise is headed.  

Well then maybe I'll take a little peek... 👀

3 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

'Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse': First Poster Arrives in this Multiverse

It's how you wear the mask that matters

059AF76B-E628-4A42-8504-58C5C0F94C06.thumb.jpeg.af84fb9cc7fbf77f865bf6379270a174.jpeg
Miles Morales returns for the next chapter of the Oscar-winning Spider-Verse saga, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, and now a brand new poster for the upcoming film has arrived. Take a peek at it above, featuring a bevy of Spideys — it's how you wear the mask that matters.

After reuniting with Gwen Stacy, Brooklyn’s full-time, friendly neighborhood Spider-Man is catapulted across the Multiverse, where he encounters a team of Spider-People charged with protecting its very existence. But when the heroes clash on how to handle a new threat, Miles finds himself pitted against the other Spiders and must redefine what it means to be a hero so he can save the people he loves most.

The film is directed by Joaquim Dos Santos, Kemp Powers, and Justin K. Thompson, from a screenplay by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller, and David Callaham. The film is produced by Avi Arad. Amy Pascal, Phil Lord. Christopher Miller, and Christina Steinberg, with executive producers Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, Rodney Rothman, Aditya Sood, Rebecca Karch, and Brian Bendis.

The cast includes Shameik Moore, Hailee Steinfeld, Jake Johnson. Issa Rae, Daniel Kaluuya. Jason Schwartzman, Brian Tyree Henry, Luna Lauren Velez. Greta Lee. Rachel Dratch, Jorma Taccone. Shea Whigham and Oscar Isaac. 

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse swings into theaters (and the Multiverse) on June 2, 2023. 

I'm concerned at how much I'm looking forward to this film. I feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

I'm concerned at how much I'm looking forward to this film. I feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

To be completely honest, I keep forgetting about it entirely so hopefully that will help as I’ve given very little thought in terms of expectations 😄

I’m equally not expecting huge things from Guardians 3 either. I know these have something of a cult following now, especially with those who perhaps weren’t big Marvel fans before the MCU, but both Vol 1 & 2 took time to grow on me. There are moments where I find Chris Pratts portrayal highly amusing, but there are also moments I find him super frustrating feel he is just over acting and being a general C*ck. 

I am looking forward to Quantumania but mostly to see Johnathan Majors bring it. And I am actually really looking forward to Secret Wars on Disney+ without trying to get too far ahead of myself. I have a feeling this is going set up some exciting questions. 🤞🏼

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

To be completely honest, I keep forgetting about it entirely so hopefully that will help as I’ve given very little thought in terms of expectations 😄

I’m equally not expecting huge things from Guardians 3 either. I know these have something of a cult following now, especially with those who perhaps weren’t big Marvel fans before the MCU, but both Vol 1 & 2 took time to grow on me. There are moments where I find Chris Pratts portrayal highly amusing, but there are also moments I find him super frustrating feel he is just over acting and being a general C*ck. 

I am looking forward to Quantumania but mostly to see Johnathan Majors bring it. And I am actually really looking forward to Secret Wars on Disney+ without trying to get too far ahead of myself. I have a feeling this is going set up some exciting questions. 🤞🏼

Spiderverse is one of my favorite films. I initially wasn't interested in it at all but I have a subscription to the local theater and decided to give it a shot one night and I was blown away. It's a really hard act to follow in my opinion.

As for the formal MCU, I'm so far behind on shows that I don't have any real expectations in terms of moving the phase forward. I think I'll like Ant-man because I don't walk in with high expectations for that franchise. I agree re: Majors ; he's one of my favorite actors right now. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Spiderverse is one of my favorite films. I initially wasn't interested in it at all but I have a subscription to the local theater and decided to give it a shot one night and I was blown away. It's a really hard act to follow in my opinion.

As for the formal MCU, I'm so far behind on shows that I don't have any real expectations in terms of moving the phase forward. I think I'll like Ant-man because I don't walk in with high expectations for that franchise. I agree re: Majors ; he's one of my favorite actors right now. 

I really need to watch Spiderverse again. I also loved it and have seen it twice, once on the big screen and once at home when my WeET Collection release landed. But that was a hell of a long time ago now so I feel I need to revisit. Feels like a perfect lazy Sunday watch this weekend actually 😄

I think Majors is about to sky rocket in terms of popularity with Kang. Brilliant actor. Also can’t wait to see Mahershala Ali in Blade! Another firm favourite for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Veum said:

@Pbsw23 can’t be any worse for me then the Eternals was for me!  6D2DFF98-0C16-4CAD-A7B7-E076FFAD76A8.gif.512e0f78f3da585fab74b782bccc353b.gif 

television.gif

Celebrate New Year GIF by Nora Fikse 

Respect your opinion Mike, but I’m really not sure what your dislike for Eternals has to do with a potential casting choice mate?? 😂👍🏼

Dr. Doom is a Hardcore beloved character of mine, as he is for many the world over. For me personally, Driver isn’t the right guy. Just because he wore a hooded cape and mask in Star Wars, that doesn’t make him the right choice for Doom. Just my opinion of course. 

TBF, Julian McMahon actually did a bang tidy job of the role previously, but who ever takes the mantle next really needs to take it up a notch in terms of being a bad guy, though again, I’d expect todays CGI etc to add to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Respect your opinion Mike, but I’m really not sure what your dislike for Eternals has to do with a potential casting choice mate?? 😂👍🏼

Dr. Doom is a Hardcore beloved character of mine, as he is for many the world over. For me personally, Driver isn’t the right guy. Just because he wore a hooded cape and mask in Star Wars, that doesn’t make him the right choice for Doom. Just my opinion of course. 

TBF, Julian McMahon actually did a bang tidy job of the role previously, but who ever takes the mantle next really needs to take it up a notch in terms of being a bad guy, though again, I’d expect todays CGI etc to add to that.

Tony Soprano Nothing GIF show july GIF

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Not sure if any of you consider reviews spoilers (not specifics but a general consensus on if a film is good or bad) but (re: Ant-man)...

Hide contents

The early reviews for Quantumania are not good at all. Like Thor 2 bad...

That's not what I've seen or read. I've seen non-spoiler reviews on YouTube for Emergency Awesome and Jeremy Jahns, so far. Jeremy didn't like it as much as Charlie. Charlie felt it was much better than most of Phase 4

• Like 2

On 2/14/2023 at 9:37 PM, ncraft said:

That's not what I've seen or read. I've seen non-spoiler reviews on YouTube for Emergency Awesome and Jeremy Jahns, so far. Jeremy didn't like it as much as Charlie. Charlie felt it was much better than most of Phase 4

I went and saw this yesterday and thought it was a good MCU movie. Better than Love and Thunder or Multiverse of Madness in my opinion. But it's not top tier MCU. I am definitely seeing more negative reviews from critics than from regular movie goers.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2023 at 3:06 PM, ncraft said:

I went and saw this yesterday and thought it was a good MCU movie. Better than Love and Thunder or Multiverse of Madness in my opinion. But it's not top tier MCU. I am definitely seeing more negative reviews from critics than from regular movie goers.

Critic reviews are what I was going off of earlier and you're definitely right in that the general audience review is much more positive. 

I saw it Friday and was entertained. I'd put it somewhere near the middle (the lower half) of the MCU. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

This feels like the earliest Marvel has released a teaser trailer for an upcoming flick in quite a while. Or maybe November just feels like a real long time away for me... 🤣

Because it’s probably the first Phase 4 movie they are confident in. There has been a few I enjoyed, but most have been average/below average.

Edited by RAK
  • Like 2

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy