IGNORED

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Only @ Best Buy) [USA]

ShadowWarrior

I bet source was Geek guy on Twitter, which really isn't source, right. So this should be taken with grain of salt - big or small - we'll see.

2nd thing and major one, if this is getting same disc/transfer than this is SH*T! Literal SH*T and no amount of money or anything else can save it.

However if this isnt transfer from 3D like old one which is why movie is House of Wax then this could be biggest hit.

Only time will tell.

Perhaps acc to this trailer from SC this could be true?

Edited by 5t33lb0y
Added video.

8 minutes ago, tr0llhatt said:

Don't watch T2 in 4k man, it's broken. The 2015 release from Lionsgate is what you want ;) 

I know but sadly it's region locked. Also you're not understanding me. 4K is broken cause they did transfer from 3D. 

Actual 4K is from what i read beauty. Thing is we don't know which release will they include in this anniversary edition. It's 50-50.

I sincerely hope they will go with actual 4K and not 4K from 3D.

I doubt SC will afford another disgrace. First one with with 4K was enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tr0llhatt said:

That it is @Fortis93!

And generally speaking, any new steel release is gonna use an existing transfer. Not get a new one unless it coincides with a broader release, but we can hope ❣️

I kinda like the steel too actually :) 

Absolutely.

I was saying before in another thread.

I hope they do something special (perhaps a 4K remaster of both theatrical and director's cuts) for the film's 30th anniversary this year.

• Like 3

Yeah new CE... Lol. I hope not at least for some time, wallet is dry as fuc* and its not even LOTR and HOBBIT HDZ time, and there's ton of great releases on horizon not to mention New Year holidays are incoming fast... If only my wallet would be in better condition. 😕

If they do T2 in similar edition like HDZ did with previous ones then i'll think about buying also 1st one, otherwise i'll just chill along with my wallet :P.

• Like 2

• R1s1ngs0n changed the title to Terminator 2: Judgment Day (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Only @ Best Buy) [USA]
  • 4 weeks later...

New 'Terminator 2' Steelbook Includes 4K Transfer Overseen By James Cameron

This year marks the 30th Anniversary of James Cameron's influential and iconic film, Terminator 2: Judgement Day. To celebrate the occasion, Lionsgate has announced a brand new Blu-Ray Steelbook for the film. Today, they announce the release date for the Steelbook will be in November.

This brand new Blu-Ray Steelbook will be exclusive to Best Buy and will include a new restoration of the 1991 classic in 4K Ultra HD, a process overseen by Cameron himself, which should appease those who were critical of the previous transfer. Along with the updated visuals and sound, the film will also a collection of bonus content and features, including a brand new documentary.

T2: Reprogramming The Terminator- A brand new 55 minute Terminator 2 documentary featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong, and more.
2 Deleted Scenes with Audio Commentary.
2 Feature Commentaries.
“The Making of T2”- 30-Minute Featurette.
View 3 Different Versions of the Film.
Trailers

The Steelbook will also have all new artwork by artists Orlando Arocena and Tracie Ching.

Terminator 2 is considered a fan favorite entry in the long running series and is still seen over a quarter century after its release to be one of the best films to come out of its decade and is in the conversation of the best action film ever made. With a powerhouse cast of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Edward Furlong and Robert Patrick, the film went on to receive numerous accolades including being nominated for six Academy Awards, taking home four of them for "Best Makeup," "Best Sound," "Best Sound Effects Editing," and "Best Visual Effects." The film was also awarded the honor "Best Movie" at the 1992 MTV Movie Awards.

The Terminator 2: Judgement Day 4K Ultra HD Steelbook will release on November 23 exclusively at Best Buy and will cost $27.99, it is available to pre-order here. You can read the synopsis for the all-time classic action film down below.

It has been 10 years since the events of Terminator. Sarah Connor’s ordeal is only just beginning as she struggles to protect her son, John — the future leader of the human resistance against the machines — from a new Terminator, sent back in time to eliminate him while he’s still a child. Sarah and John don’t have to face this terrifying threat alone, however. The human resistance has managed to send them an ally, a warrior from the future ordered to protect John Connor at any cost. The battle for tomorrow has begun.

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
27 minutes ago, ShadowWarrior said:

There seems to be some debate as to whether this is truly a new transfer. The last one was supervised by James Cameron, so this could easily just be the same version.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, tr0llhatt said:

Huh, that's the first I've heard or seen of a new transfer. Would've thought Studio Canal would've been in on it as well considering.

Edit; Had a looksee and it's the same old transfer, move along now there's nothing to see here.

Yeah, I looked this up yesterday.

I had a feeling they were full of sh*t with that description.

They just want to sell as many copies as possible by giving the impression of a new transfer.

• Sad 3

It's quite typical PR speak to be honest. A new transfer for T2 would be a big deal, not something they'd silently push out with a new steel without fanfare. Maybe if a smaller distributor would do it, but I doubt it - too expensive license wise I suspect.

Shame! T2 deserves much better.

Edited by tr0llhatt
  • Like 3

Awards